Forums

Elon, says hogs at Superchargers is not acceptable.

Elon, says hogs at Superchargers is not acceptable.

SUN 2 DRV | 11 décembre 2016

To be clear, Elon is talking about people who overstay their PARKING after Supercharging...

It has nothing to do (yet) with people who charge a lot, or locally.

And as best as I can tell it also doesn't have anything to do with Cali-forni-cators. :-) But that probably depends on how tinted your windows are.

vperl | 11 décembre 2016

Read the article, folks can decide for themselves . CALIFORNICATORS are the prime ones.

NKYTA | 11 décembre 2016

vperl, would you be able to buy your MS car outside of CA if it was a compliance car from one of the bigs?

I guess all current Californians are Snowflakes to you. Did you forget our Central Valley farmers?? Who are lacking water?

Meh.

vperl | 11 décembre 2016

So, hogging the SUPERCHARGER is ok with you ?

Elon says it is not , OK.

So that is that.

O:-)

RedShift | 11 décembre 2016

NYKTA,

Why do you bother with this bum? Look at his emoticon (or is it emptycon) poor guy even shows what appears to be a giant round tumor that has grown on his head!

SCCRENDO | 12 décembre 2016

@Vperl. As a CALIFORNICATOR I agree with you. The prime focus of the article are those who overstay but ICEing and locals who block long distance travel should also be addressed and Elon is concerned about this. The latter group will in future be partly addressed by charging for supercharging. Never thought I would agree with an OREGONATOR. Guess I am not as good as you guys at name butchery in an attempt to strengthen my argument.

vperl | 12 décembre 2016

Elon, says it is not acceptable, I agree.

The topic has been addressed several times....

vperl | 12 décembre 2016

jordanrichard | 12 décembre 2016

"The latter group will in future be partly addressed by charging for supercharging." Actually, Elon would still have to define what a "local" is before "disciplining" them. I have a supercharger that is 22 miles from my house that I sometimes use on my return trip home. Also what if one flat out loses power at their home and the "local" supercharger is their only real option to charge.

Tesla would have to come up with a fee/penalty for leaving one's car connected beyond the point of it finishing it's charging. though even that can get dicey. When penalize someone for not getting back to their car when it is the only car amongst 8-12 charging stalls.

Obviously they will come up with their own method, but I think they should penalize the owner of the car that has been finished charging the longest, IF, all of the other stalls are full hence another car can't get a charge.

@jordan. They now don't have to define a local. If you use over a certain amount new people pay for supercharging. So for those who could charge at home but go the supercharger to save a few bucks may now find it's not worth the time and money to supercharge.

vperl | 12 décembre 2016

If one has to define and wiggle around a definition of Supercharger abuse from locals, you may be the problem.

ram1901 | 12 décembre 2016

If I counted right, Tesla has over 50 SuperChargers in California alone. That is more than the Mid Atlantic region on the East Coast .. From Connecticut South to South Carolina.

On a recent road tip in my 70D I came upon a P85 and chatted up the owner who smugly admitted he was local and charged their often. Actually encountered the guy on my return trip at the same SuperCharger. His Tesla is a six figure model...loaded. Fortunately, on both occasions there were open slots when I arrived.

Don't understand the mentality of the above mentioned smug owner abusing the system but apparently there are lots of similar owners in California. Hard to believe that someone who can afford a six figure car is too cheap to charge it at home OR in some ways believes he is deserving of free supercharging at all times.

Wish EM luck in coming up with a plan to deal with SC hogs. Perhaps Tesla can track abusers and disable service when they attempt to use their local SC (after giving them notice of abuse). Not sure if their system is that robust but one can hope.

Lubdub | 12 décembre 2016

so what is this Vperlperson? is it really a person or just a name caller robot with little usefull life?

@Lubdub. He is Van Perley from Clackamas in Oregon. He used to do a lot of trolling and complaining. He is actually a little better lately. Very conservative and narrow minded. Has a phobia against liberals. Writes lots of letters to Breitbart and probably doesn't watch much besides Foxnews. He ordered a 5 seater Model X and didn't stop complaining about it. Must be happy now that we haven't heard much. Is doing less trolling now but still posts a lot of drivel topics. It is possible to engage him in a semi intelligent discussion but is apt to fly off the handle at times and is easily offended. He is obviously a climate change denier and seems to be a pretty loyal Trump fan. I believe he is a real person. These people do exist. Otherwise Trump would never have been elected.

trixiew | 12 décembre 2016

@ram- you used the same supercharger twice? Sounds potentially abusive. If there were open stalls, why do you care about the situations of the other people charging there? Maybe he routinely moves anytime the stalls are full and someone pulls in.

@trixie. I think he mentioned road trip. So i guess he charged on the way and the way back unlike the supercharger hog who likely charges on the way to the store and the way back.

vperl | 12 décembre 2016

You are so wrong g, but to slander folks is your goal. One must always believe what you preach, no willingness to see the other guys side of a topic.

Plus, you seem so interested in me... No I do not swing that way, but it is OK. No offence taken.

vperl | 13 décembre 2016

Elon will make a decision, then all have to live with it or get a Bolt and use their charging infrastructure. Good luck.

tommyalexandersb | 13 décembre 2016

I asked my DS about this yesterday. My work is a live in position, so I can't install a higher amp charger. I will need to use the local supercharger fairly often, and I wanted to make sure that was okay, and that it would still be free. The free charging is why I finally placed my order. And my DA told me it would be fine for me to do that.

SCCRENDO | 13 décembre 2016

@tommy. Supercharging was initially unlimited and free for life. It's prime purpose was for long distance travel.The problems occurred when they started installing superchargers in California near residential areas. Certain ones such as San Juan Capistrano were critical for traveling to and from San Diego. But it was always full compounded by locals who would hog the chargers at peak times to the detriment of long distance travelers. That was the reason for Elon acting with many Model 3s about to come on the road. If you need to use a supercharger you don't need to justify it but now you are going to need to pay for it as it will no longer be free. If one can charge at home one should, if you need to supercharge go ahead. But try avoid peak times when long distance travellers are coming through. Don't overstay you time. Don't think you can just leave your car there while you spend hours shopping, eating at a restaurant or watching a movie.

tommyalexandersb | 13 décembre 2016

^ ya I understand all that, and of course will be as respectful as possible for travelers. Just wanted to point out that I was told local charging is okay, for those who's only option it is, and that it will be free for us who ordered before the 1st of the year. But obviously not okay to park there, or otherwise be disrespectful about it. I doubt many people who can afford a X won't be home owners as well, so it won't be a big issue on the local charging part.

Lubdub | 13 décembre 2016

@SCCRENDO thanks I understand it better now

SCCRENDO | 13 décembre 2016

@tommy. If you need to charge dont feel like you need to ask permission. Go for it. It's bad manners and selfishness that annoys many of us. But i do need to add that just because someone is rich they can still be a pig. Many stories about attorneys hanging out at San Juan getting their work done in the car while charging to save a couple bucks

vperl | 14 décembre 2016

Cannot wait till these hogs cry. The tears ought gush out like Niagara Falls

vperl | 14 décembre 2016

Cannot wait till these hogs cry. The tears ought gush out like Niagara Falls