Regarding SUPERCHARGER IN IRVINE, official says would coming at end of 2017, only 12 days left, but still no any updates.
I have been checked that supercharger location, very very wired area, not even similar as other supercharger location. very far-off the way.
1. You actually paid for the supercharger service in advance when you purchased car.
2. If the superchargers has many people wait for charge like BAY AREA, no one would like waste time to wait there for charging if they have home charger.
3. The fact is the supercharger still very convenient, a lot spots are available, because of not many people use it, no waiting line at all, doesn't bother any travelers.
4. Even though, we shouldn't censure TESLA owners use the supercharger because of they paid for charging already, they have rights to use the charger at anywhere, any time.
5. If that become to a problem, means TESLA sold many cars, but don't have enough chargers, company needs to build more at different locations for its customers.
Only three states and 15 nations have larger GDPs than Orange county. Irvine has so many young professionals, and some schools, they can afford to buy Model 3 or model S\X, I have no doubt those people are not able to charge at home. Irvine has parks for many cities too.
TESLA should build superchargers at IRVINE if the company wants people buy tesla, as I said, people can pay for the charge.
TESLA would never build supercharger in a city they never purchase TESLA, it's business, you want to close to your customers and make them happy, they make it as promotion as well, how convenient and TESLA changes a city style, promote to be a TESLA owner.