Forums

How is the added attention one gets from people with the Model 3.

How is the added attention one gets from people with the Model 3.

Just curious. Ive thought about hiw will it be once I get my Model 3 when Im out and about. Will I find people taking a picture of my car? Will I be finding alot of forehead marks on my window?

Yodrak. | 17 décembre 2017

Who gives a ff.

mntlvr23 | 17 décembre 2017

Yes and Yes

jamilworm | 17 décembre 2017

I'm kinda looking forward to it. Well, not the forehead marks.

leo33 | 17 décembre 2017

Only until June or so.

Carl Thompson | 17 décembre 2017

My Coda electric car was like that as people tried to figure out what it was! (Only about 150 were made.) Most people had no idea what it was but a few people stopped me to tell me that they knew and mine was the only one they'd ever seen (of course).

KP in NPT | 17 décembre 2017

Maybe at first. It was like that when we got our Model S - but not anymore.

johnmann | 17 décembre 2017

Leo is right, before long they’ll be as common as Corollas. But the difference is people will never tire of seeing or driving them.

Haggy | 19 décembre 2017

When I got my Model S, there were still few enough of them that there were "Model S sightings" threads. But I rarely got attention because of it. The first time it happened, I got a thumbs up on a college campus. It took me aback until I realized it was because of the car. The next time it happened, I was in a red loaner. I was parked outside of my son's high school. Out of the hundreds of students who walked by, it did attract the attention of one student. Had I been Roy Moore, I would have been quite pleased.

I suppose it depends on where you live, how common the car is, whether people have any idea what it is, etc. I was in a Porsche Boxter convertible in Saigon last year. It was literally the only one in the country, and cost a fortune over there with import duties. It didn't turn heads at all. People had no idea what it was.

Rutrow | 19 décembre 2017

Forehead marks and a little drool...

Carl Thompson | 19 décembre 2017

@Haggy:
"... it did attract the attention of one student. Had I been Roy Moore, I would have been quite pleased."

LOL! And Ick!