Forums

Jack Rickard: Early Tesla Short Sellers Are Living In Their Cars or Under Freeway Overpasses

Jack Rickard: Early Tesla Short Sellers Are Living In Their Cars or Under Freeway Overpasses

Slow talking, pro Tesla, EV entrepreneur and guru Jack Rickard has a new show out today... after a bit of a hiatus.

In his usual dryly humorous, rambling style Jack covers a variety of Tesla topics from a unique perspective, including his thoughts on the Semi, a replay of the hilarious Hitler rant on the Tesla Roadster, a rather long winded diatribe on a DIY solar system employing a Tesla battery that relatively few will likely find of interest (but he does explain the reason why Tesla batteries run at 300-400 volts), a [rather tedious] look at the ramp up statistics of solar installations in California, with the balance of the show covering the technical details of how his DYI solar system works (very boring for most).

If you listen to Rickard carefully you will some of the best naysayer slayer logic yet put forth.

https://youtu.
be/Atmh8M0Ztoo

ReD eXiLe ms us | 19 décembre 2017

Coastal_Cruiser: Yeah. That's why I like his show. He reminds me of all the best aspects of John C Dvorak's personality, whit, and insight into technology played back at 1/8th speed and 1/3rd volume with 100% of the angst, intellect, & scorn to perfect comedic effect.

Robocheme | 19 décembre 2017

Link please.

Rutrow | 19 décembre 2017

https://youtu.
be/Atmh8M0Ztoo

SamO | 19 décembre 2017

Link to exact time? It's over 2 hours long.

SamO, give me 2 hours, I'll get back to you*.

* that's a lie :-)

SamO | 19 décembre 2017

17:00 mark starts Short Interest discussion.

Hitler rant starts @ 41:00

If you're tired of the stale Hitler meme, jump to 44:47 to skip it.

Mega Charger discussion is at about 31:00ish.

carlk | 19 décembre 2017

This is the better downfall parody of Tesla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkvYvk8vxuw

carlk | 19 décembre 2017
Haggy | 19 décembre 2017

"This is the better downfall parody of Tesla."

If you read the comments, short sellers seemed to have loved it and were proud to have agreed with Hitler. Four years ago they were convinced that nobody would buy the car.

Shock | 19 décembre 2017

I've been on the internet for a very long time, and the downfall meme is still one of the very best ever.

Coastal Cruiser. | 19 décembre 2017

Sorry, the post should have included time markers as some of the info is old hat to many. Thanx to those who added them.

I liked Jack's comment justifying why you essentially over-promise if you ever expect to get anything done.

Carl Thompson | 19 décembre 2017

@Shock:
"I've been on the internet for a very long time, and the downfall meme is still one of the very best ever."

Ditto. I don't know why but I find it hilarious. Although the Tesla related ones aren't very good so far.

Here's the best Downfall video of them all:

https://www.youtube
.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

rgrant | 19 décembre 2017

Whatever’s on his laptop screen during the short rant doesn’t look odd at all...

carlk | 19 décembre 2017

@C_C "I liked Jack's comment justifying why you essentially over-promise if you ever expect to get anything done."

Understanding of this separates men from boys. Anyone can under-promise and over-achieve. It does not take people like Elon to do it.

mos6507 | 19 décembre 2017

He's wrong. The Apple (Jobs) approach is to keynote and take orders for shippable product immediately aftewards. That is the way it should be done. If you take preorders you start the clock and set up enormous deadline pressures.

SamO | 19 décembre 2017

You get a car.

And you get a car.

You get a car.

And you get a car.

You get a car.

And you get a car.

You get a car.

And you get a car.

You get a car.

And you get a car.

You get a car.

And you get a car.

You get a car.

And you get a car.

You get a car.

And you get a car.

Carl Thompson | 19 décembre 2017

@SamO is Oprah now?

rgrant | 19 décembre 2017

Not buying the over-promising thing. Car companies have been doing it for years with their concepts and it sucks.

Elon is overly optimistic on his time frames but his products generally live up to the hype. Much to his competitors chagrin!

ReD eXiLe ms us | 19 décembre 2017

John Cadogan of AutoExpertTV on YouTube seems to be at least somewhat affiliated with 'independent franchised dealerships' in Australia, so that skews his opinions somewhat. He does at least believe in Climate Change issues, and seriously called out the diesel scandal for what it ws... Except he also refers to Tesla as a 'cult' and claims Elon Musk is a master [BOLSHEVIK] artist that has never accomplished anything. It is amusing to see his rants after listening to the first fifty minutes of the above video from Jack Rickard. These are not safe for work, or school...

Is Tesla a Cult? The inconvenient truth about electric cars.
[ YouTube -- k6GeHnMwl1c ]

The Truth About Diesel Particulate Filter Problems
[ YouTube -- -bOlDFFhuPM ]

The Truth About The Tesla Semi Electric Truck
[ YouTube -- LlvYv1SJJEY ]

Just like the trolls here, John Cadogan carefully chooses a handful of 'facts' that he nevertheless interprets through ICEHOLE tinted lenses. He loves to dare Tesla enthusiasts (AKA 'cultists') to challenge him in the comments. It is an obvious attempt to garner attention that he certainly knows will work considering the bait he spews in each video.

Coastal Cruiser. | 19 décembre 2017

Cult? Did someone say Cult?

From merriam-webster:

"Cult, which shares an origin with culture and cultivate, comes from the Latin cultus, a noun with meanings ranging from "tilling, cultivation" to "training or education" to "adoration."
CHECK

"a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious (see spurious 2); also : its body of adherents"
CHECK

"great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work"
CHECK

Sign me up! We should have T-shirts.

Xerogas | 19 décembre 2017

Maybe we should have hats

ReD eXiLe ms us | 20 décembre 2017

I'm just glad that electric motors for full scale vehicles don't have to be as large as they were relative to those in Tyko slot car racing sets when I was a kid. You know, like the horseless carriages in the movie 'The Golden Compass' (2007)...

Coastal Cruiser. | 20 décembre 2017

And now Teslarati picks up on the "it's ok to be late' meme.

https://www.teslarati.com/elon-musk-missed-deadlines-moonshot-approach/

SamO | 20 décembre 2017

It IS ok to be late. That's not a meme. That's reality in an imperfect world, while you are changing it, against its' will.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 20 décembre 2017

Late? Ha! I had expected Honda to release something like the BOLT back when the second generation PRIUS was put on the market. Nope.