Forums

Park Assist Unavailable Error Message

Park Assist Unavailable Error Message

Why does my Tesla randomly display Park Assist Unavailable when it's disabled? I know it's likely cold weather related (Chicago), but I thought I would share regardless.

Tesla MS 75D
Confirmed Park Assist was disabled and I rebooted the instrument panel and touch screen. No help.
It usually pops up when reversing or coming to a stop. The manual provides basic information for Limitations and False Warnings, but it doesn't explain why it would alert when it's disabled.

EVRider | 1 Janvier 2018

I would assume something is wrong with the system and the car is trying to tell you that. Contact your Service Center.

carlk | 1 Janvier 2018

Check if sensors are free of snow, dirt, bugs, etc...

Electronvolt | 7 Janvier 2018

The issue appears to be resolved after cleaning the car. It was likely sensor related. Maybe there should be a more specific message focusing on sensor problems versus Park Assist. Much like a start-up scan.

Singer.andy | 18 février 2018

Am getting this too and car is spotlessly clean, MX with latest firmware 18.6
Happens when slowing or stopping near a curb or at random time.
Separately I was troubled by auto park as for a while it worked great then not very often, then hit curb in one attempt.Had mentioned to S.C. when in for annual checkup that it seldom worked yet loaner worked every time.

adolfowillys | 29 août 2019

I'm currently the same issue. Park Assist Unavailable. It has disappeared momentarily and then returns. Already tried rebooting but that didn't not clear it. I will try to turn off the car via screen and clean sensors and see if that fixes it. Wish me luck.

mendes.diego1 | 22 octobre 2019

I am running into the same issue.

I have a 2016 model S and the park assist unavailable began after the latest software update version:

(2019.32.12.1 641e9fa)

I wonder if it is a software bug?

mendes.diego1 | 22 octobre 2019

I am running into the same issue.

I have a 2016 model S and the park assist unavailable began after the latest software update version:

(2019.32.12.1 641e9fa)

I wonder if it is a software bug?

PrescottRichard | 22 octobre 2019

Probably not a software bug, but who knows.

Try the usual resets and make sure your parking sensors are cleaned off.

PrescottRichard | 22 octobre 2019

Probably not a software bug, but who knows.

Try the usual resets and make sure your parking sensors are cleaned off.

ishmurak | 5 novembre 2019

i got the same issue--anybody had any luck on getting this fixed 2016 Tesla S

GoldAK47 | 9 novembre 2019

if sensor is bad, dirty, or unplugged this happens. You must unplug to remove nose cone on the S, may be unplugged.

jeremiahleroy | 27 décembre 2019

I've been getting this same message for a few weeks. The car is clean so I assume it's a sensor issue. But is this something I should try to fix myself or have the mobile service come out and do? I don't want to void my warranty by trying to do something myself when I shouldn't.

jeremiahleroy | 27 décembre 2019

I've been getting this same message for a few weeks. The car is clean so I assume it's a sensor issue. But is this something I should try to fix myself or have the mobile service come out and do? I don't want to void my warranty by trying to do something myself when I shouldn't.

EVRider | 27 décembre 2019

@jeremiahleroy: Let service handle it.

rtade1 | 28 décembre 2019

do all MS 2016's even have park assist?
thanks

EVRider | 31 décembre 2019

@rtade1: Yes, 2016 cars have Park Assist if they have Autopilot, even AP1.

TeslaTap.com | 31 décembre 2019

Park assist was added as an option around April 2013, and shortly after became standard. I know, as my first S didn't have it even as an option.

EVRider | 31 décembre 2019

Sorry, TeslaTap is correct, you don't need Autopilot or even AP hardware for Park Assist. I was thinking of Autopark, which does require AP1 or later.