Forums

Wrong Info on Title

Wrong Info on Title

Had a snafu at DMV because my Title says my car is gas powered. I had never even opened my Title and I’m not sure I would have caught the mistake if I had. So, if you never have, take a look at your Title and make sure it says “electric.” It might save you a bunch of unnecessary aggravation.

lilbean | 12 avril 2018

Wow. Thanks. Is the DMV going to reprint the title?

Bighorn | 12 avril 2018

Bagel man, is that you?

KP in NPT | 12 avril 2018

J.T. lives!

SbMD | 12 avril 2018

The DMV snafu kept @JT off the Forum!

NKYTA | 12 avril 2018

Well then.

Silver2K | 12 avril 2018

does it make a difference?

just curious

MilesMD88 | 13 avril 2018

Georgia DMV office didn't initially recognize Tesla 3 yrs ago. She asked me "how many cylinders" I said "0"
She got irritated with me. She said "it has to have cylinders" Told her no, none required. She got up & went to get her boss...
That was a time when we registered the cars in CA, then transferred title to GA.

J.T. | 13 avril 2018

@Silver It prevented me from renewing my registration because my car had not passed an emissions test.

J.T. | 13 avril 2018

@lil Yes, the DMV will issue a new Title once I surrender this one at no cost to me except for 3 hours of my life.

PBEndo | 13 avril 2018

Does the 3 hour total include your time spent on this thread?

PBEndo | 13 avril 2018

I thought titles only had to be capitalized when they were the title of a book, play, song, etc.

Silver2K | 13 avril 2018

J.T. | April 13, 2018
@Silver It prevented me from renewing my registration because my car had not passed an emissions test.
-------------------------------

will check on mine. thanks for heads-up! :)

tes-s | 13 avril 2018

3 hours? Wow, I live in the wrong state. Never been to DMV and had it only take 3 hours.

Silver2K | 13 avril 2018

15 minutes in Liverpool, NY :)

Bighorn | 13 avril 2018

How do your billable hours compare to Pungoteague Dave’s?

Mathew98 | 13 avril 2018

@JT didn't realize he could schedule an appt online. It would take him half an hour at the DMV.

sbeggs | 13 avril 2018

@J.T.,
Use the same technique you use at Service Centers. Bring treats!

J.T. | 13 avril 2018

@Matthew 1/2 hour to get there, 1/2 hour there, 1/2 hour to get back . . . twice.

Silver2K | 13 avril 2018

FRUITS, NOT COOKIES!

Mathew98 | 13 avril 2018

@JT - All this time I thought I was getting the royal treatment for being able to do everything online. Now get your gas guzzler off the forum!

Did the DMV rep look at you with a straight face when asked about a Tesla gas engine?

barrykmd | 13 avril 2018

Silver2K | April 13, 2018
15 minutes in Liverpool, NY :)

Silver - Does that mean you're a Liverpudlian? Do you know the Beatles?

JT - Could you have gone to a closer DMV in Queens, or does it have to be in your county?

J.T. | 13 avril 2018

@barry I have a choice of Garden City or Springfield gardens in Queens, which is about 10 minutes closer but you have to pay for parking if the lot has room and if not you have to feed the meters IF you can find the space. The DMV in Sprongfield Gardens is affectionately referred to as "DMV to die."

@sbeggs The thought crossed my mind. :-)

@ Matthew No, but she did offer that someone in the records office in Albany definitely screwed up . . . not that that would make this process any easier for me.

TeslaTap.com | 13 avril 2018

JT - Clearly someone was correcting an "error" - how could any car not have cylinders? :)

barrykmd | 13 avril 2018

JT - Understand. Garden City is where I took my driver's test, many years ago. Always felt sorry for the people that lived in the neighborhood, and their cars being guinea pigs for the parallel parking.

lilbean | 13 avril 2018

I just opened mine. It says E for electric.

Silver2K | 13 avril 2018

barrykmd | April 13, 2018
JT - Understand. Garden City is where I took my driver's test, many years ago. Always felt sorry for the people that lived in the neighborhood, and their cars being guinea pigs for the parallel parking.
------------

Bumper cover stress test. Many cars seem to fail

Tropopause | 13 avril 2018

Ask them to cut you some slack since you are in law enforcement- Supercharger Police.

Mathew98 | 13 avril 2018

He's as much in law enforcement as a crossing guard.

Seriously, this douchebag crossing guard tried to claim she was a fellow officer in front of a pair of NYPD cops after getting into an accident.

Mathew- Why you hanging out around the lady crossing guards?

Silver2K | 13 avril 2018

Trop on a roll!

Mathew98 | 13 avril 2018

She rear ended my brother. I had to check out who was that idiot when he called.

Silver2K | 13 avril 2018

Wow, the cop rear ended your brother?

lilbean | 13 avril 2018

I rear ended a cop. It was fun.

Mathew98 | 13 avril 2018

@silver - A crossing guard. Not even close.

@lilbean - Where art thou? We need more fun folks on the East Coast...

Whoa.

lilbean | 13 avril 2018

SoCal...LA
Our family friend was a sergeant and I would bump his patrol car for fun to freak people out. He would never pull me over to stop me obviously and people would be like, "WTF"? It was hilarious!

Silver2K | 13 avril 2018

Mathew98 | April 13, 2018
@silver - A crossing guard. Not even close.
---------

Messing with you :)