Model S P85D MSRP: $137,986 delivered 4/2/15
After 4 months and 5200mi, I feel I have a pretty good education on my car. I'm not sure I would buy it again, at least not this fully loaded model. Here is a list of things you essentially give up to buy/lease a Model S, over say, a BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac, Audi, Chevy, Ford, Buick, with any sort of comfort upgrades:
1) A seat that moves backward and steering wheel that lifts/retracts, when you put car in park (I'm 6'3" and this was a great feature in my Suburban)
2) A GPS system that responds at least as fast as your iPhone and doesn't glitch out constantly
3) Ability to alter suspension softness (i.e., comfort vs sport)
4) A good bluetooth link to your iPhone to play music...it will link, but no ability to scroll, select music, etc from car. Almost worthless
5) A decently intuitive radio button layout. you get 6 presets. Thats it. Then the steering wheel scroll button, only takes you to those 6 presets...no ability to scan to next channel. This is actually one of my biggest peeves as I channel hop on commercials and/or like to hear 4-5 seconds of a song or news station before selecting. You seek through touch screen, but that requires taking eyes off road, and again, being tall, means I'm already far back from the screen, so reaching to touch small buttons is actually moderately difficult
6) Hard buttons for about anything: even the button that opens your garage door is on the touch screen and if you accidentally hit the button below it, it takes you to a setting screen...annoying.
7) A well thought out touchscreen for things like the A/C, etc. There are touch buttons on the screen for my heated seats, which i will likely never use, but to get to frequently used settings like the A/C, i have to hit a button to take me to a new screen...
Overall, I love to DRIVE my car, and while I may sound nit picky about most of the above, for a $138k car, none of these things can't be fixed or added via software except maybe 2 & 3.
There is so much worry about "Range Anxiety" or whatever its called, that the only updates I ever get relate to the map and charging stations...
As is, I give my Tesla a 7 out of 10. With Each 1-3 improvements from my list above, it would go up one point...For this much $$ it could/should be a 10!