Forums

Confirming the toothpick solution for the phone connection charger works

Confirming the toothpick solution for the phone connection charger works

I just wanted to confirm that the toothpick/wedge solution for the phone connection with the charging cable in the center console works for me and my iPhone case. Thanks to the person who recommended it. One simply wedges a cutoff section of a toothpick between the cable and plastic piece to push the cable connector up and voila, it works! It wasn't until I saw photos online (sorry I don't know how I found them) that this solution finally made sense to me. The toothpick hidden along with the cables under the cover piece that you can remove to access the cables - so it's hidden and you'll never see it, However, I'm going to kick it up a notch, make an adjustment, and make a bespoke fix by using a black permanent marker on the toothpick before inserting it under the cables. I also confirmed this is a solid fix and you can install and remove the phone from the charging cable with one hand.

spuzzz123 | 25 octobre 2018

I tried it and it didnt help. My phone is finicky about charging anyway tho so I’m trying one of those extenders