Forums

CD player ?

CD player ?

How can I connect a CD player to play music ?

speedymaysan | 9 novembre 2018

How can I connect a CD player in Model 3 to play CDs ?

slingshot18 | 9 novembre 2018

You can't.

kichwas | 9 novembre 2018

Connect it to a computer at home, fire up iTunes and copy everything to you music library with iTunes set to mp3.

Copy all if that a USB stick. Can probably get about 1000 CDs or more on a single stick...

leo33 | 9 novembre 2018

As others I mentioned, moving your CD collection onto a USB drive is probably best. But if you insist on using CDs, you might be able to plug a Bluetooth transmitter into your portable CD player then pair the transmitter with your model 3 as a media device.

posinator | 9 novembre 2018

I've already seen videos and blogs of pros and bros reworking their amplifier/speaker/subwoofer setups. Surely its just a matter of time before a generic AUX-IN functionality is discovered. Your 90s style CD-changer in the trunk is then just a step away...

82bert | 9 novembre 2018

Are you for real?!? This was a thread before the great cleansing. I gotta believe you’re messing with us, and there are not 2 people out there that want a CD player connected to their light years ahead of the game model 3.

stevenmaifert | 10 novembre 2018

Connecting a Bluetooth transmitter to your CD player then pairing it with the media center will work, but the downside is the car can only accept one paired device at a time; no simultaneous connection of a paired phone and another paired device. The best alternative short of ripping all your CDs to a USB drive is connecting the CD player headphone output to an FM transmitter and hoping for a clear channel in your area. Something you could explore before buying the FM transmitter.

Big1matt | 10 novembre 2018

If you convert your files from CD, don't convert them to mp3, convert them to flac or some non lossy format for much better sound quality

Lars.lyons | 17 février 2020

Here's the problem. For all of us classical music and opera freaks we have literally hundreds of CD's of specific performances and performers. They are all not available on iMusic. The amount of time it take to up load them all to a computer would cost a fortune in time. The other day I tried to find a certain Beethoven Piano trio on iMusic and there was ONE. Not OK,!!

Is there no way to connect a CD player via bluetooth? Is a bluetooth CD play even made?

Please ask Elson to fix his. I'm driving around in a P100D that cost almost 150K. WHY CAN"T I HAVE CD'S?!?!?!?!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

yudansha™ | 17 février 2020

@Lars.lyons Did you try external CD player?

coselectric | 17 février 2020

Lars, I too have a collection of several hundred classical recordings (many dating back to the dawn of CDs in the 1980s), and almost home of them are available on any streaming service. I feel your pain. That said... If you treasure them, gradually rip them to FLAC (lossless) and high bitrate MP3 (for the occasional player that doesn't support FLAC). Your Tesla will support FLAC, so you can get the same uncompressed bits that a CD player puts out - but all stored on one convenient thumb drive. If you do it gradually, even just a few each week, within a year you'll have your whole collection in electronic form. Best of all you won't have to lug around your collection and progressively damage the discs every time you insert and remove one. Do it, man.

Brian | 17 février 2020

For the same reason you can't have LPs, or 45s. Old technology. Tesla has moved on, you should too. I liked having a CD player in my vehicles too, but at some point, you have to let it go.
Rip your cds to a portable drive connected to your pc, and copy the albums you want to a flash drive.It may take a while, but you will be much happier in the long run. Trust me...siad the snake.

Brian (The one from Massachusetts)

coselectric | 17 février 2020

*almost none of them (stupid autocorrect)

RayNLA | 17 février 2020

I hear they are starting to make flip phones again!

arkreymer | 17 février 2020

I got a NAV-TV CD to USB adapter, which works nicely.
It fits perfectly in the center console.
Insert a CD, and after a few seconds the tracks are seen as USB files.

It is the NAV-TV Model 2 that is compatible with the Tesla USB system.

It is the NAV-TV Model 2 that is compatible with the Tesla USB system.