Forums

walk away car not lock - could not find setting on lock menu to enable walk away lock

walk away car not lock - could not find setting on lock menu to enable walk away lock

My model 3 never locks when I walk away - I have lock it on phone app each time.

I tried looking for the setting for locks - walk away lock - but I do not see it at all - I watch other people video, that you have access to the walk away lock when you tap the setting icon on the top in the locks setting screen, but I do not have the setting icon.

I think people set its enabled by default - but its never works for me, I event did system reboot, still do not see how do I access to that settings.

casun | 15 décembre 2018

according to page 13 of the manual:

Walk-Away Door Lock
Doors and trunks can automatically lock whenever you walk away carrying your authenticated phone. To turn this feature on or off, touch Controls > Locks > Walk-Away Door Lock.
When the doors lock, the exterior lights flash once and the mirrors fold (if equipped with the premium package and Fold Mirrors is on). To also hear a confirmation sound whenever Model 3 locks, touch Controls > Locks > Lock Confirmation Sound > ON.
Model 3 does not automatically lock if:
• An authenticated phone is detected inside Model 3.
• You are not using an authenticated phone as the key and walk away carrying the key card or key fob. When using the key card you must manually lock Model 3 by tapping the key card against the door pillar. When using the key fob (sold as an accessory), you must manually lock Model 3 by pressing the lock button. See Keys on page 7.
• A door or trunk is not fully closed.

Leemacie | 15 décembre 2018

first I do not have the option for Walk-away Door Lock under Locks -- and all 3 conditions you list there is not true ...

Leemacie | 15 décembre 2018

I wish I can post a picture here so you see what I am talking about. I do use phone as the key, the key card is not in the car, its with me, all doors are locked for sure, so I walk away, the car stay unlocked

jdcollins5 | 15 décembre 2018

Did you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page?

M3phan | 15 décembre 2018

It’s there friend. Just follow the manual and scroll to bottom of screen.

casun | 15 décembre 2018

take a photo
go here: https://imgbb.com/ and upload the photo
copy the url of the uploaded photo
paste the url here

lbowroom | 15 décembre 2018

The need to scroll down is easy to miss, but it's there, and it's true.

johnnyolbc | 4 août 2019

just got a Model 3 and walk away lock feature is enabled but does not work

lbowroom | 4 août 2019

Remember that walk away lock is per user profile.

ketsusa | 11 août 2019

Note that the settings are not on the phone app, but rather on the in car screen.

cholmes82000 | 11 août 2019

Same with mine. I scroll down and turn the walk away lock on, but it still doesn't lock when I walk away.

calvin940 | 11 août 2019

@Leemacie | December 15, 2018

first I do not have the option for Walk-away Door Lock under Locks -- and all 3 conditions you list there is not true ...
----------------------------------------------

All the conditions are true. You have not enabled walk-away lock. Go to the screen identified and swipe the screen in an upward motion to scroll down. You will then see the option.

Report back when you have actually configured it.

Also you can use imgur to upload an image and paste link in here to show anything you want.

Missythepug | 7 octobre 2019

It would be nice if I can lock my door with my phone. Unfortunately my phone sometimes does not work. So I have to carry my keycard in case I am stranded. This happened often enough that I couldn’t open my door with my phone outside the post office, outside of cvs, walking to my car from my office..etc. these r just a few examples that scare the day light out of me. Anyone has this problem or it’s just me? That being said, I can never take advantage of the walk away lock feature since I use my card key to lock n unlock my car.

Missythepug | 7 octobre 2019

It would be nice if I can lock my door with my phone. Unfortunately my phone sometimes does not work. So I have to carry my keycard in case I am stranded. This happened often enough that I couldn’t open my door with my phone outside the post office, outside of cvs, walking to my car from my office..etc. these r just a few examples that scare the day light out of me. Anyone has this problem or it’s just me? That being said, I can never take advantage of the walk away lock feature since I use my card key to lock n unlock my car.