Forums

Heated rear seats?

Heated rear seats?

Just exchanged my 3/16 S70 for a 3/17 S90D and WOW what a difference a year makes! The new visualizations on the dash took some getting used to but I love seeing cars sneaking up on my blind spot. And it seems to see double (and sometimes even triple) when there is a truck on my right side. Ah, first world problems LOL

Anyhow, the "new" car is equipped with the sub-zero package, I know this will be really useful to me here in Saint Cloud Florida but I'm stuck with it. Doesn't this package include heated rear seats? If so, how do you turn them on/off? I just want to make sure they're not sucking up energy for no use!

thanks

SoCal Buzz | 8 mai 2019

Depends on your firmware version, but press the fan symbol and you should see all the seats. With older firmware, you might have to press one more time on left tab after fan.

kerryglittle | 9 mai 2019

SoCal is right. You can switch everything on or off from there. You also likely got the heated steering wheel too. Maybe none of that stuff will be used but it adds a lot of value to your resale when you trade again.

spineeric | 9 mai 2019

You can also go to Climate in the app. Tap Turn On and you can play with the front and rear seat heaters as well as the heated steering wheel. You know, for those frigid Florida mornings!

steveg1701 | 10 mai 2019

Thanks spineeric but my app doesn't work yet ;-(

Anybody know how long it takes to get them to add a "new" car to my account?

murphyS90D | 10 mai 2019

My car was added before I completed the 20 mile drive home from picking up the car.

steveg1701 | 10 mai 2019

no such luck here, I got it from a used car dealer

SoCal Buzz | 10 mai 2019

@steve, you have to submit DMV registration and a few other things directly to Tesla to get the account setup under your email, also enabling remote access. It can take a few weeks after you send it in. Google for instructions.