Forums

question on best/safest way to attach bow and stern tie downs to the front and rear of Model S

question on best/safest way to attach bow and stern tie downs to the front and rear of Model S

I just got my roof rack attached to my 2018 glass roof MS and I'm wondering how to strap the front and back of my kayak to the front and back of my car. The two straps that attach the kayak to the two crossbars do 90+% of the holding. But the bow and stern tie downs are necessary to keep the boat from bouncing when you hit a bump, have a very strong crosswind or stop very quickly - or start your Tesla very quickly. ;) Normally, I just find any protrusion on or around the underside of the bumper, and I'm good to go 70+ mph. However, there aren't many grab places in on or around the front and rear ends of the Model S. And I'm not about to put any kind of force where it shouldn't be put. I'm thinking about attaching a strap luggage-style to both the frunk and trunk latches, closing the lid and then running it up to the bow and stern.

Any thoughts, ideas or experience doing something like this?