Submitted by WhiteModel3AWD on Sat, 2019-05-25 09:12
I have seen quite a few posts about reduced capacity but mine seems much lower than most so thought I'd check in here. Have any of you seen this type loss. I have a dual motor long range model 3 and it is now indicating only 260 miles when I charge to 90%, which is what I charge to every day. I've owned the car since the end of September 2018 and I have 11,171 miles on it (I drive it everywhere I love the car so much).
- Is it normal to drop this much after only 11k miles over ~6 months of use?
- Is there an algorithm that monitors my driving habits and adjusts expected range accordingly? (I do have a lead foot so this could be the reason if true)
- Should I have the car & battery checked at a Tesla center to see if there is an issue?
- I live in So. California where the weather is very nice and does not get very cold nor does it rain often.
- I did drive the car to Winnemucca in Nevada in the Winter once time where it was well below freezing (Could the cold have caused the issue?)
- Has anyone else experienced range loss under similar circumstances/use?