Forums

Josef Stalin Would Be Proud

Josef Stalin Would Be Proud

If someone had told Josef Stalin that in less than 70 years after his death the leader of the free world would be strutting around in his capital city on Independence Day like some third world tin horn dictator complete with full military display, he would have considered his mission accomplished.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 4 juillet 2019

Relax, tiger.

sabbia | 4 juillet 2019

Here's a relevant photo of the Soviet military on top of Lenin's tomb. https://images.app.goo.gl/9Zj6GypvoSdJyn1G7

TranzNDance | 4 juillet 2019

I think this would be a good chance to use a sanity check: would it have been ok if Obama did this?

Tesla2018 | 4 juillet 2019

Just enjoy the parade. My town has one with fire trucks, police cars, people from the VFW hall, boy scouts etc.

The country has more impressive stuff like planes, tanks, rockets and spaceships. We paid for it so why shouldnt we be able to see it.

Have a beer and a burger and relax and enjoy the fireworks. The bad orange man isnt doing any test missile launches yet.

SamO | 4 juillet 2019

@tranz

Nope. Rest assured that the right/white freak out would be magnitude 11 if Obama:

Met with Kim
Lawlessly stole funds to build a wall
Obstructed justice
Committed campaign felonies
Collided with Russians

dmm1240 | 4 juillet 2019

I'm boycotting the politicalization of the 4th of July. Not watching. The Orange Toddler is profoundly uninteresting.

“The Orange Toddler is profoundly uninteresting.”

CNN, MSNBC, et al would loudly disagree with that statement. :)

“The Orange Toddler is profoundly uninteresting.”

CNN, MSNBC, et al would loudly disagree with that statement. :)

dmm1240 | 4 juillet 2019

Free country. Whenever Trump shows up on my TV I either mute or change the channel. His act is past tired. Boring.

SO | 4 juillet 2019

TranzNDance | July 4, 2019
I think this would be a good chance to use a sanity check: would it have been ok if Obama did this?

Nope. Why can’t people just look at a situation objectively and grade accordingly?

This blind party tribalism is killing this country and this planet.

SCCRENDO | 4 juillet 2019

Call me when the frog marching begins.

NKYTA | 4 juillet 2019

It wouldn’t be OK if ANY President did this!!

@Neomaxizoomdweebie, do you participate in your local home town 4th Parade and all that it represents?
Or are you just an idiot too?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-fourth-of-july-twitter-boyco...

Pretty much a far cry from Patriotism. He has no idea what the word even means.

@Neomaxizoomdweebie is a new Trumpist troll. He fits the stereotype. No risk of any intellectual comments. Only direct quotes from Fox and Friends. I guess it’s a tribute to Elon and Tesla that they can sell cars to low intellectual climate change deniers and Trump fans

@nikita and screndoo,
I served my country for over 20 years. I went to war twice to kill the pricks who harbored those responsible for 9/11. What have you done for your country?
How about you STFU and start enjoying the freedom that others died to give you.

Thank you for your service. We appreciate it. But we still think that your politics are misguided. And unfortunately it may be the presidents you vote for that take us into war.

I’m a fairly typical guy who makes a fairly typical income for someone who is well educated and willing to work hard. My taxes for FY18 were 6% lower than the prior year.
That isn’t crumbs.
I will not be told what to think. I look at facts. I believe my taxes were cut because I looked at the numbers.

Oh, and I actually do believe that the climate is changing. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

And no, my taxes were not lower because of an EV credit. I factored that out.

dmm1240 | 4 juillet 2019

Glad your taxes didn’t go up. Mine did substantially, in addition to what was expected from a hefty capital gain.

NoMoPetrol | 5 juillet 2019

Yeah. Like the RNC didn't use the event to raise money for the orange oaf's reelection campaign.

NoMoPetrol | 5 juillet 2019

@Neomaxizoomdweebie
..."I went to war twice to kill the pricks who harbored those responsible for 9/11..."

History will show that the war you fought in Iraq was to protect American oil interests, not to fight the perpetrators of 9/11. But you were just a foot soldier following orders. The real criminals were those who forced you into war under false pretenses.

Darthamerica | 5 juillet 2019

@NoMoPetrol I’m a veteran of that same war. NO ONE forced me or my brothers to go there. There’s a thing called honor. It’s an honor to fight for this country we call home. We aren’t there by force or over silly childish political partisanship. So don’t disparage something you didn't participate in or understand. Just say thanks and be grateful there are people willing to go to war for whatever reason so that you don't have to.

sabbia | 5 juillet 2019

@Darth

"Just say thanks and be grateful there are people willing to go to war for whatever reason..."

And there my friends, you have it.

Yes @sabbia you have it. Entitled ideologues with no concept of honor and ignorant of duty. Again just say thanks, vote your preferences and STFU about a veteran's service or tribute to the same.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 5 juillet 2019

@Darthamerica, Thank you for your service!

@NoMoPetrol, History will show that America also went to war in Afghanistan. That is the one I was referring to, but thank you for at least knowing that Americans and our allies fought in Iraq.

SCCRENDO | 5 juillet 2019

To our veterans. we appreciate your service and it does take a great human being to put his life on the line without question, But society should still be allowed to question the rationale and ultimate success of the strategy. Perhaps if we had wiser politicians there would have been no need for you to put yourself in harm's way. We have a mighty military that we can all be proud of. But unleashing it on the world may not always be the answer ans often could cause more harm than good. It is like a parent who beats up his kid that doesn't listen. It may shut a kid up for a while. But it does not solve the problem. And I would suggest it actually worsens the problem.

dmm1240 | 5 juillet 2019

If I were POTUS, here is what I would advocate: That the U.S. has the best equipped, best trained, best paid and most bored military on earth. Why bored? Not always, but conflict usually occurs when politicians fail. I don't believe in wasting brave young peoples' lives unless absolutely necessary with no other options left.

@dmm1240, Agreed, and so far, so good.

SamO | 5 juillet 2019

Tinhorn fake honor for you clowns. Just obey orders like good nazis and never question the legality or correctness of orders.

Bush and Cheney should be tried for war crimes.

Happy 4th to everyone else who marched to stop unnecessary wars.

Jesus, SamO, tell us how you really feel!

dmm1240 | 5 juillet 2019

@Neo. They've been charged and convicted of war crimes in absentia in Kuala Lumpur.

Kuala Lumpur — It’s official; George W Bush is a war criminal.

In what is the first ever conviction of its kind anywhere in the world, the former US President and seven key members of his administration were yesterday (Fri) found guilty of war crimes.

Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and their legal advisers Alberto Gonzales, David Addington, William Haynes, Jay Bybee and John Yoo were tried in absentia in Malaysia.

The trial held in Kuala Lumpur heard harrowing witness accounts from victims of torture who suffered at the hands of US soldiers and contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They included testimony from British man Moazzam Begg, an ex-Guantanamo detainee and Iraqi woman Jameelah Abbas Hameedi who was tortured in the notorious Abu Ghraib prison.

At the end of the week-long hearing, the five-panel tribunal unanimously delivered guilty verdicts against Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and their key legal advisors who were all convicted as war criminals for torture and cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment.

@dmm1240,
I guess we know where the Bush administration won’t be vacationing any time soon.

dmm1240 | 5 juillet 2019

Yep. :-)

RedShift | 5 juillet 2019

Trump referred to ‘taking over the airports’ in the 1700s in his speech.

There you have it, Trumpers. Own up to the incompetence. One of many goodies Trump delivers constantly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/48885319

To top it all, he blamed it on the ‘teleprompter’. Real leadership right there. Buck always stops with someone else.

And where will the Trump Crime Syndicate vacation and build Trump towers after release from prison?? I predict Russia, Saudi Arabia and North Korea

Yup, gaffs happen.

TabascoGuy | 5 juillet 2019

‘taking over the airports’ in the Revolutionary War.

I still can't believe that that ignorant buffoon is our president and that anyone would confess to supporting him. Completely disgraceful.

@Neo "gaffs happen"?

He doesn't have speech writers or are they idiots too?

During a 2008 campaign rally in Missouri, Biden asked the audience to applaud State Senator Chuck Graham.
"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see you," Biden said, gesturing for Graham to stand.
Graham, a paraplegic following a car accident, is confined to a wheelchair.

OK, they do happen.

Biden: 1
Trump: 10,000

There's a difference between 'accident' and 'moron'.

I guess you’re right. That was Biden’s only gaff ever.

It's called public speaking. Anyone familiar with it such as a politician or perhaps a person who's stood in front of a rifle company formation has made similar errors. That it didn't disrupt or take away from the message is expertise. Google Obama and Bill Clinton and teleprompter error and you'll see this is nothing new. Except of course to ignorant partisan ideologues who just woke up yesterday.

@darth. Trump has the gift of the gab. His rhetoric is usually false and much more impressive than his abilities and actions.
How come when Trump gets criticized instead of addressing the criticism you look at a low point of any Democrat and claim Trump wasn't that much worse. I guess if you set your expectations right at the bottom just waking up in the morning becomes a presidential achievement for Trump.

dmm1240 | 5 juillet 2019

Gee, I wonder if the colonials remembered to lock down the Greyhound Bus stations? Those Brits were tricky.

Trump has speech writers. They're not considered very good. As a guy who wrote speeches for years for corporate titan types, I agree. To call their efforts pedestrian is unfair to pedestrians.

Biden does make gaffs. Trump simply doesn't know. He's simply not smart AT ALL.

I know a guy who was a Wharton at the same time as Trump. Ole Don was notorious for hiring other students to write his papers for him. I've seen an old professor of Trump's at Wharton call him the dumbest student he ever had.

The guy is a doofus of limited intelligence. His own staff rolls their eyes about him behind his back. His first secretary of state called Trump a moron and didn't care who heard. Wolff claims Kellyanne's defense of Trump is an act, both she and her husband loathe him.

I wouldn't let anyone who talks and acts like Trump in my house. What puzzles me is what the appeal is to his fans? He makes fun of them behind their backs, his policies have hurt them more than any other, this tough guy publicly embarrassed the entire country in Helsinki, he did it again at the G20 last week, there is no wall and won't be one, the Geneva Convention is being willfully violated at the border under his direction, the tax cut he's so proud of is costing the people he claimed it would help money (it's certainly made my tax bill larger), relations with allies that go back centuries are in shambles from Australia to Great Britain to Canada to Mexico... what do his fans get out of the guy? Being POTUS is not a reality show, this guy is bad news.

@neo

“Yup gaffes happen”

A 5th grader could have pointed out the glaring error in one of the most important speeches Trump gave this year.

You are just a blind pseudo-patriot excusing his not proof reading a very important speech.

You ask pompously to others ‘what have you done’?

We have paid our taxes that pay you. We have done our part. And, in my part, being a leader of a startup, created jobs, paid my personal and corporate taxes dutifully.

Now, do your job, call a spade a spade, and stop excusing incompetence. Outright treason. Unlawful enrichment of personal and family businesses.

I respect the men and women of our military, would gladly defend our nation if they call me to duty. I don’t blindly prostrate in front of a wanna be dictator. An incompetent, treasonous dictator at that.

Neo, I rounded them both down. My apologies.

dmm, +1. Very well said.

@SCC you'll notice that other that to disagree on policy, I've never denigrated any President. I've been here since Tesla started. The reason is that my understanding of politics and what a President has to do is studied and mature. Only partisans and the ignorant attack the "man". When you learn some respect for the office, you'll know better and some of this will make more sense! Then when you do disagree, you'll be able to do so based on logic and reason. Instead you and some others repost MSNBCs conspiracies or CNN fake news talking points. Just think about the fact that the far left is attacking the POTUS for celebrating America and honoring the military! How do you think that's going to look to mainstream Americans? Especially where the Electoral College is concerned. So to sum up... The far left hates veterans and the military, wants to tax people into destitution over nonsense like global warming and thinks it's still the 1960s civil rights movement except for non-citizens. Yet you wonder why you can't break out of California and New York? One wonders your real motivation because winning is inconsistent with your actions.

tew ms us | 5 juillet 2019

July 3rd: It'll be like reviewing a regiment of SS men goosestepping off to border death camps to force Hispanics to drink toilet water while Trump screams "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer" predicted left wing media.

July 5th: huh huh huh He said "airport" huh huh huh chirped Beaves and thousands of Buttheads.

@darth. Trump disrespects the office as he does pretty much disrespect anyone who is not a white supremacist or a dictator like Putin, Kim or Bin Salmin. Respect needs to be earned. Please do not judge us by your standards. You have been shown to be wrong on most things.

@RedShift “We have paid our taxes that pay you.“
I am grinning ear to ear to remind you that your tax dollars are also paying everyone’s salary in the Trump administration as well as every Republican congressman and senator.
I don’t like his delivery a lot of the time but I absolutely love the presidents policies.
Keep the illegals out.
Peace through strength.
Get the nukes out of the fanatics hands.
Take no shit from your political adversaries.
Don’t be an apologist. Ever.

And a whole lot more...

And saying “airport” instead of “port” while in the moment, big f-ing deal. You can find worse to pick on.

@darth

“It's called public speaking”

Yeah, we know what it is, we all went to school. We also did what is called proof reading. This moron in chief leading a bunch of pseudo patriots doesn’t know what proof reading is. Or owning up to a mistake when it happens.

It seems to me you don’t love this country enough to demand a higher standard from the commander in chief.

Pages