Forums

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

I do not think I have been this excited for ANYTHING in a LONG LONG LONG TIME!!!

At 11 am Saturday, the 19th, my wife and I will be official Model 3 owners.
Standard Range plus.
White Paint
White Interior
19" Rims

Mats, ordered.
Wireless phone charger, ordered
128gb memory card for Sentry, ordered
Dyson cordless vac, ordered
Purell, Dawn and baby wipes to clean seats, ordered

My 3 sons are gonna be at the house with us, waiting for the car to be delivered. They will probably jump in it and drive it before I do.

Magic 8 Ball | 17 novembre 2019

Nice, so it is okay to run the conduit right on top of the ground like that?

Pg3ibew | 17 novembre 2019

@Magic, depends.

@Magic. The conduit is not in danger of being run over.

vmulla | 17 novembre 2019

Pg3ibew | November 17, 2019
@dave, thanks. It was my Beautiful Bride's idea.
---
Who's the bigger Tesla fan in your household? :)

@vmulla. My wife doesnt even drive. Lmao. She LOVES the car. I am afraid she is gonna start driving. Lmao.
All kidding aside, as a couple, we are both on the same page. And we are both ALL IN on Tesla. And rrying to do our best for the fiture.

I am not questioning safety (you are in the business) so I guess I am asking if it is to code. I am an engineer and have done stuff not necessarily to code that I am comfortable with so I am not judging.

@magic. The reality is it should be Galvanized. I went with PVC because I am lazy.

@magic, the PROPER way I should have done it. DRILL out the front of the house and BURIED everything 24 inches below grade.
But, I had my old charger, for my Fusion Energi, mounted directly on the other side of that Leader/gutter you see. It is Nov. and cold AF outside in NYC. I wasnt doing all that work. Lol.

Cool, It looks good. The Tesla signage is a great touch.

@Magic, thanks. I wasnt sure if it may have been a bit OVER THE TOP.
Wifey picked it all out. She did a marvelous job of keeping it tasteful.

How many neighbors are thinking about a Tesla now?

And the pole cap has a little solar power LED light for night time.

@Magic, every single one of them LOVES it. I will go as far as to say, every person I know, Is thoroughly impressed by the car and the technology. To the point, even the most ardent ANTI-EV people are impressed.
I have been told that I should he a sales rep for Tesla. Lmao.

Keep up the good work! Where did you get the three dimensional looking T logo for the top of the pole?

@magic. Amazon. I am trying to copy the link. Having issues

It says metal Car side Sticker badge. I am sorry I having trouble copying the link. I am headed out. I will share it when I get home.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 17 novembre 2019

Pg3ibew: The setup looks good. Especially with the logos attached to the pole. Good job!

I see you are using a separate hanger for the cable. Just so you know, some people just wrap the cable around the wall charger itself, in a coil top to bottom. You may find that a bit neater for storage.

Shesmyne2 | 17 novembre 2019

I think it’s awesome! So not overdone. Love the mini solar idea on top.
+1 to The Wife for design. Spot on.
I’m guessing you live in a pretty safe/nice hood in NYC so you’re confident it won’t get stolen?
Sorry, sometimes people suck...

Still Grinning ;-)

@red and @shesmyne, Thank you sooo much. Yes, I know about wrapping the cable around the charger. It is facing the house. I felt the separate hanger was better for my instance.
I live in a good neighborhood in NYC. BUT...things do happen. I have my house covered with Cameras. And quite honestly, if some one is brave enough to sit in front of my house and undo the torx screws and take a chance ripping off a 240volt LIVE charger from a pole, good luck to them They deserve it!! LOL

@magic, Here is the Amazon link to the 3D Tesla logo.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MBBJHD7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_...

Looks like you can get it in Red and Silver also, nice!

@magic, yes. And it is a good weighted piece of steel.

Pg3ibew | 18 novembre 2019

Valet parking question. I think I know the answer, but I will ask anyway. When I valet the car, I assume I need to have the KEY CARD to hand to the attendant. Am I correct?

Shesmyne2 | 18 novembre 2019

Correct. And be sure to put it in valet mode before leaving the car.

Still Grinning ;-)

Pg3ibew | 18 novembre 2019

@shesmyne, Thanks.

Pg3ibew | 22 novembre 2019
Pg3ibew | 23 novembre 2019

I guess this thread has run it's course.

vmulla | 23 novembre 2019

Pg3ibew | November 23, 2019
I guess this thread has run it's course.
---

Nope. It's one awesome thread that brings a smile every time. Please keep it going

@vmulla thanks.

Pg3ibew | 25 novembre 2019

I see a lot is always posted about winter tires. I understand there are certain states where winter tires are a must. I live in NYC. While we do get cold winters, and at times, a lot of snow, I do not think I know any one that changes tires for the winter. For any car.
Do any NorthEasterners, particularly, NYC people, change to winter tires?

Pg3ibew | 29 novembre 2019

I got my first summons today. No FRONT plate in NYC. I was parked on Dean St. in Brooklyn. The Sentry video caught it all. The meter maid came from diagonally across the street. Like she knew my car would not have a plate on the front. She clearly come from behind my car across the street and walks past all the other cars and walks in from of my car and peeks in front and then writes the summons. 65 bucks

vmulla | 29 novembre 2019

@Pg3ibew,
That's prejudice against Teslas :(
Sorry about that, atleast you can visualize the face of the meter-maid - maybe for voodoo or something?

Tronguy | 29 novembre 2019

@Pg3ibew: Went last winter in Central Jersey sans snow tires; no problems, and we had some relatively heavy snowfall from time to time. Doubt you'll need them, but NYC does get hit with a foot or two every few years. I've been driving a G3 Prius for the past ten years, and the Prius cognoscenti claim that snow tires are essential; but, in and around NJ, haven't seen the need.
Next: That's some serious vanity plates. Cool.
Final: The SO's M3 came with a front license plate holder that sticks on with some serious double-sided sticky tape. No issues with that getting loose, no holes to drill, and it's survived a mid-Atlantic season and 15k miles of bombing around.
NY is just like NJ, and both are unlike CA: If the local law enforcement notices a missing plate, a ticket you will have. No offense, and sorry it happened to you, but: What were you thinking was going to happen? :)

Pg3ibew | 30 novembre 2019

@Tron, thanks. I didnt say I didnt expect it. I watched the video. She made a B LINE, as my mother would say, from diagonally across the street. Past any orher car and directly to mine. And walked directly to the front of it. Almost like, HAHA. HERE IS AN EASY SUMMONS. THESE TESLA PEOPLE NEVER PUT A FRONT PLATE ON THE CAR.

As far as the winter tires, thanks. I do not know many people that use them in the NYC, NJ area. For any cars.

Here is my idea of a fix. Because I am refusing to put the front plate on the car. I will tie a string through the frunk LOOP inside the car. Thread it through my plate, with the Tesla supplied plate holder. And when I park on NYC streets, I will open the frunk and hang it outside of the car. And then when I return to the car, I will put it back in the frunk.

Sarah R | 30 novembre 2019

@Pg3ibew have you tried leaving a brown M&M's candy wrapper on the dashboard? ;-) I'll bet you'll have just as much luck with the brown shirts as your Jerry rig.

Sarah, You might be right. Lol.

WW_spb | 30 novembre 2019

Sarah, show of your new beauty

Tronguy | 30 novembre 2019

@Pg3ibew: I dunno what this business is with M3's and no license plates in front. There lay the holder in the trunk; 20 minutes later I was out there with some 409 cleaner, a level, a paper towel, and a screwdriver. The NJ drivers' manual says, "Plates front and rear" and who am I to argue.
There are some states that don't require the fronts; so, fine. The car comes without the holder mounted in front. That's not an excuse to violate the rules; and thems that do, the fines they get. Sure, and the meter maid made a beeline: Heck, if I were her and that was my job, I'd do the beeline dance, too! :)

I understand the rules and the law. I get it. I aint happy about it.

Sarah R | 30 novembre 2019

@Pg3ibew It's just like anything else. You don't have to like it, but you do have to accept it. If you can't accept it, then move to one of those states that doesn't require a front plate. FWIW mine came with the bracket attached. I've got the California "paper plates" on it now. Waiting for Government Issue tags. Then maybe I get a vanity plate. I've got a great idea for one. (But I'm not telling until I get it).

Magic 8 Ball | 30 novembre 2019

The third option is what he is choosing. Defiant protest and pay the fine as needed.

I read too many front plate ticket stories that, after 15 months of driving without one, I decided to go with the vinyl front plate sticker that is allowed in CA , currently. Just not worth the hassle.

I am still debating the options!

WW_spb | 30 novembre 2019

Such rebel )))

Shesmyne2 | 30 novembre 2019

$65?!
Hubs got hit for $122 in SoMa SF.
Haven’t had a front plate on my last 3 vehicles since 93 in No/So Cal.
I’m a rebel.

Still Grinning ;-)

Pg3ibew | 1 décembre 2019

@shesmyne, you are a TRUE REBEL!!

Pg3ibew | 4 décembre 2019

We had Snow in NYC yesterday. I had to go out after 5pm. I took the Model 3 to the mall parking lot and GOT ON the car a little. I am happy to say, I am VERY IMPRESSED with how she handled in the snow. There was about 2 inches of slushy snow. I made some deliberate hard turns from a dead stop and while moving. A few things I noticed and was happy with.
1. Very minimal skid when mashing the pedal with the wheels turned from a dead stop.
2. Very minimal skid when mashing the pedal with wheel turned while moving.
3. Zero Skidding while slamming on the brakes.
4. The regen braking did an exceptional job coming out of any type of skid. Releasing the gas pedal instantly put me in Regen mode and out of any possible skid.

The snow storm made me even happier that I own the greatest car ever built!!!

Pg3ibew | 6 décembre 2019

I am soooo fucking excited. I just got a notification for another update!!!!
36.2.4 wooohooo

Pages