Forums

Not seeing dashcam recordings

Not seeing dashcam recordings

My new car says it is recording dashcam videos but I only see sentry recordings on the usb. Any thoughts? Thanks

spuzzz123 | 2 décembre 2019

You must save videos in order for them to write out to your thumb drive. Are you doing that? (see owners manual, if not)

Woodmanrog | 2 décembre 2019

Thanks spuzzz, I was mistaken. All is working as it should, I just wasn't looking in all the right places.

EVRider | 2 décembre 2019

@spuzzz123: No, you don’t have to explicitly save dashcam video. Unsaved dashcam video will be in the RecentClips folder, and will get overwritten after an hour. Perhaps you should look at the manual too. :-)

Pg3ibew | 2 décembre 2019

I thought you had to press the dashcam icon in order to save a video? Am I wrong??

Frank99 | 2 décembre 2019

When you press the dashcam icon, it copies the current video to the "SavedClips" folder. This keeps it from getting overwritten eventually.

Yeah evrider I read that section and I see that recent items folder. Sometimes I have files in there and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes it’s an hour duration and sometimes it’s less and sometimes it’s none. If I want to be sure to save something, I hit that save button.

Wasn’t trying to be harsh as in “RTFM” I just know it explains exactly where that save button is, a lot better than I could with text.

Anyway it sounds like the op was just not looking in the other folders; he figured it out all’s well that ends well

gmr6415 | 2 décembre 2019

@Woodmanrog, "Yeah evrider I read that section and I see that recent items folder. Sometimes I have files in there and sometimes I don’t."

Just to be clear, if you tap the dash cam icon to save files it saves the last ten minutes of video to the "saved" folder, not into the "recent" folder.