Forums

FSD in model 3

FSD in model 3

Has anyone got FSD in there Model 3?

CharleyBC | 9 décembre 2019

What exactly are you asking? Many cars have the FSD computer (aka HW3). No one has Level 5 fully autonomous driving. But maybe neither of those answers addresses your question.

Lorenzryanc | 9 décembre 2019

Many people have it purchased for they're Model 3, but no one has it activated (cept the Elon I'm sure). So right now a bunch of us have FSD on paper only waiting for it to be activated.

bjrosen | 9 décembre 2019

FSD is the name of a package of ever changing features. It does a lot of stuff but it is not now and never will be Level 5 or even full Level 4 self driving no matter what Elon says, the sensors are not reliable enough. I'm always getting Lane Departure disabled and Blind Spot Monitoring limited messages, if the car can't do that reliably then it can't possibly do true "Full Self Driving". If you treat FSD as just Tesla's brand name for their driver's assist package then you won't be disappointed although you might not consider it worth $7000, if you expect that the day is going to come where you can get into the car and have it do all the driving then you will feel cheated.

St☰v☰ | 9 décembre 2019

@bjrosen | December 9, 2019
I'm always getting Lane Departure disabled and Blind Spot Monitoring limited messages, if the car can't do that reliably then it can't possibly do true "Full Self Driving".
________________________________________________________________________________________

Here too, everyday!

efuseakay | 9 décembre 2019

More than 5 years out. Closer to 10 is my guess.

Effopec | 9 décembre 2019

What's your definition of FSD? If it's robotaxi's driving around with nobody in them, then I'm guessing we're several years off, if ever with current technology. But I do expect Tesla to start to release FSD features in the next 6 months to start to separate it from AP or EAP. I'll be happy if they get it to the point that they can safely remove the nag on the highway.

vmulla | 9 décembre 2019
Sarah R | 9 décembre 2019

I have HW3+FSD and I don't have the "x is disabled" messages. It's all working as advertised for me. Well, so far, anyway. It's only been two weeks.

Joshan | 9 décembre 2019

I user it every day and 20k miles now and have none of those errors either. Make a service appointment and don't make assumptions.

TeslaTap.com | 9 décembre 2019

@bjrosen & @St☰v☰ - I agree with Joshan - not a software issue, but something specific to your cars. I'd have it fixed.

FSD will have a set of features that will expand over time. As for level 4 type features - I rate it likely within 24 months BUT it may have some limitations, assuming regulatory approval. It's not going to handle unmarked dirt roads, whiteout conditions or a number of generally rare issues that no human should drive. There could even be areas of geofencing were it just isn't up to the task. For 99.9% of real routes, I expect it will be fine and I expect most owners would be overjoyed at that capability. Whether you call it level 2, 3, 4, or 5 isn't really all that important. What's important is does it do normal driving, such as home to work and back, which may include residential roads, freeways, connectors, and much more.