Forums

First few days with my P3D+

First few days with my P3D+

Having collected my vehicle from Plano Tx delivery center about 8 days earlier than programmed, I was anticipating a fairly steep learning curve to get used to the car. How wrong I was. It was so simple. I'm loving the instant power, the effortless cruise control and self driving features, the lovely white interior, the super comfortable seats and the sublime screen with all the bells and whistles. A bonus is I have now convinced my company to install chargers on the premises!! The build quality is very good, but in all honesty, it isn't up to Audi/BMW standards...yet. For a company making cars only for 10 years it is however, astonishingly good! The little quirks I have will be sorted by the mobile service coming to my house. I need to realign a rear door, a bumper panel and a replace a piece of silver window trim that has a strange stain that wont come off (it is quite ugly). After just 3 days I am extremely happy with the car and definitely worth the $70k in my eyes. It's so much fun watching BMW 3's and 4's, Audi series 3, 4, 5 and 6 creeping up around me taking a peek and respectfully moving on. They know.

So, my verdict is a great purchase; super fun to drive, great apps and still lots to learn!

Cheers

surfpearl | 12 décembre 2019

Congrats!

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi | 12 décembre 2019

Enjoy

jebinc | 12 décembre 2019

All the best and welcome to out happy place!

Joshan | 12 décembre 2019

Life really is better in a Tesla

Magic 8 Ball | 12 décembre 2019

Congrats!

normanrindom | 12 décembre 2019

Congratulations!

jefjes | 12 décembre 2019

Enjoy your ride into the future. It will just keep getting better!

jimglas | 12 décembre 2019

Drive it like you stole it!

Mike UpNorth_ | 12 décembre 2019

P and white seats?! Jelly.

sheldon.mike1010 | 12 décembre 2019

Wait til you see what the regular OTA updates bring. In a year, I have gotten many
new things including increased range and horsepower. Other good stuff coming.

AWDTesla | 12 décembre 2019

completely jealous.

rsingh05 | 12 décembre 2019

@NorthValley - great purchase. And BTW its called a 3P, not P3D+/-.

jimglas | 12 décembre 2019

he can call it whatever he wants ....

Pg3ibew | 12 décembre 2019

Congrats!!! Good luck!! Safe and fun travels!!

nwfan | 12 décembre 2019

@op, congrats and enjoy. Glad another Tesla has joined us in North TX.

NorthValley | 12 décembre 2019

@rsingh05...yeah, I've seen it written as M3P, M3P+, 3P, 3P+, P3D+ etc etc. I just went for the P3D+ to kind of bring it in line with the PxxD of the other cars Tesla makes. Not sure what the + means though! Ha!

Also just noticed that the bag hooks are not in the 'frunk'. There is a tiny metal stub where each bag hook should be. I assume these are where the hooks should actually fit on to? I added it to the list for the mobile tech (I guess they should be there in 2020 models?)

RedPillSucks | 12 décembre 2019

Wow, wonder how much they saved by not putting those bag hooks in. Do you have the interior clothes hooks (don't know what they're officially called) ??

Just read in another thread today that the 'frunk' hooks are no longer included in the 2020 models...those along with the left footrest by the look of it. Seems a bit odd to cut costs through these little things?

@RedPillsucks...yes the interior jacket hooks are there.

shaunw | 12 décembre 2019

From what I've read, those where not meant to be hooks, they were just bolt covers

95dawg | 12 décembre 2019

If Tesla saves few Dollars per car, it could add up to million Dollars annualized.

To manufacture the plastic hooks, it costs pennies, but add cost to pack, ship, store, supply assembly stations, labor, quality check, etc, it probably amounts to few bucks. Perhaps supply chain experts can provide a more detailed fixed and variable cost analysis.

I would like to think the million Dollars saved is going toward sw updates. :)

stingray.don | 12 décembre 2019

I’m sure frunk bolt covers and dead pedal covers will be available in the aftermarket soon.

Congrats on the car!

rsingh05 | 12 décembre 2019

@NorthValley - Elon refers to it as the 3P and that’s what I go with. Not everyone got that memo which is why you see so many different names.

@jimglas - you can call it whatever you want but having 5 different names for the exact same car doesn’t serve any purpose. It just sounds ridiculous.