Forums

I was charged for unauthorized performance upgrade

I was charged for unauthorized performance upgrade

The charge just appeared on my card. There is no other notification from Tesla.

Magic 8 Ball | 11 janvier 2020

And the reason for posting that here is?

stingray.don | 11 janvier 2020

No one from Tesla monitors this forum. You will need to contact Tesla directly to reverse the charges.

ICEMELT | 11 janvier 2020

If anyone has seen this kind of unauthorized charge. I suspect app malfunctioning

There is no one to talk at billing to sort this out. I have sent them email

Magic 8 Ball | 11 janvier 2020

Call your CC company, they should easily be able to handle an unauthorized charge.

rob | 11 janvier 2020

Do you think it was an app malfunction or maybe a pocket order? I accidentally ordered something. Called the CC and they made me contact Tesla to cancel, which they did.

I have never used the upgrade option. Generally for critical things such as Frunk it usually has are you sure step.

lbowroom | 11 janvier 2020

“ There is no other notification from Tesla.”

How does your car feel about it? Are your options now xx Sport or Chill?

I see Sport enabled.

lbowroom | 11 janvier 2020

Puzzling how it could be ordered accidentally. takes more than a keystroke in the app to get it done.

You figured this out when you saw a $2000 charge from Tesla on your credit card? Was there a description with the charge that told you it was for the upgrade, or did you just put 2 and 2 together?

sheldon.mike1010 | 11 janvier 2020

Do you like it enough to keep it?

The charge didn't say anything specific. I have purchased FSD already so I put 2 and 2 together. Then I actually checked the upgrade button and it said you don't have any upgrade option

I agree that it takes more then a key stroke. The only thing I did in the morning is open fronk from app.

Bighorn | 11 janvier 2020

Call Tesla and have it removed or contest it with you CC company. I just got an email about correcting a $3 supercharging fee yesterday almost 3 weeks after making the call. All hands were on deck for year end deliveries and now they’re getting back to their assigned duties.

Tried calling Tesla. There is no option to speak to a person. Please post a better number if you have.

I wouldn't have worried about a minor charge from super charger. I was shocked to see such amount
from my card notification.

yudansha™ | 11 janvier 2020

Mark as a fraudulent transaction and move on. Your CC will take care of it.

Bighorn | 11 janvier 2020

CC will take care of it, but if card is on file for supercharging fees, you’d best involve Tesla in that conversation because they can shut down your ability to supercharge.

Wilber | 11 janvier 2020

ICEMELT - Thanks for posting. Please keep us updated. Communicating with Tesla can be quite frustrating these days!

in7 | 11 janvier 2020

I'm sure Tesla can remove your acceleration upgrade pretty easy.

yudansha™ | 11 janvier 2020

I often do not get any responses to my messages for online hiccups (incorrect balance, order), but things get fixed. Hopefully, your problem will be resolved soon or rather you will decide to keep it :)

ST70 | 11 janvier 2020

What's the difference in acceleration?

pjwheeler83 | 11 janvier 2020

I'd happily accept the charges for my SR+

ICEMELT | 13 janvier 2020

Still no answer from Tesla. Does anyone have a number that I can call to talk to Billing department?

ksrehman | 13 janvier 2020

In my Tesla app (Android) if I click on upgrades the acceleration boost upgrade checkbox is already checked and the pay by credit card button is at the bottom of the screen so I could order 'by accident' with just two clicks once the app is open.

andy.connor.e | 13 janvier 2020

I dont like that Tesla automatically saves your payment info.

booshtukka | 13 janvier 2020

@Magic 8 Ball "And the reason for posting that here is?"

Maybe, just maybe, the OP wanted to discuss this. On a discussion forum. It seems to have… you know… driven discussion.

lbowroom | 13 janvier 2020

I would gather whatever data you can for the transaction. Like exact time when the transaction was requested from your bank. Figure out where you were and what you were doing at the time. Anything to help figure out what happened. Doesn’t seem to be a mass problem.

aheck88 | 13 janvier 2020

I just had something similar happen. There was an unauthorized upgrade to autopilot. I called Telsa and spoke to a rep out of SLC. He said that any software update cannot be reversed and I would need to contact my credit card company. He also said that it is a one click upgrade through the app and that I should disconnect my credit card from the account.

crmedved | 13 janvier 2020

I mean, is it possible someone used your phone to buy it? Or your computer. I just can't imagine it magically billing you several thousand by accident.

I'd be curious if Tesla reverses it... they have a no refund policy.

I don't have any specific numbers, but you can try calling your local service center during business hours and ask them the best number to try to get it resolved: https://www.tesla.com/findus/list

Bighorn | 13 janvier 2020

@andy
Saving the info is voluntary though necessary for supercharging

Magic 8 Ball | 14 janvier 2020

"Maybe, just maybe, the OP wanted to discuss this. On a discussion forum. It seems to have… you know… driven discussion."

There is truth to that but who, with a CC, doesn't know how to handle unauthorized charges?

andy.connor.e | 14 janvier 2020

@Bighorn

When i put my reservation down on Model 3, i never got the option to save or not save my payment info. So when i went to make my solar roof reservation, my payment info was already there. And still is.

@M8B

The point isnt about how to handle the unauthorized charge. The point is to see if they are the only one. Notice how the OP doesnt ask about what to do next?

I see, a poll??? Typically the OP asks something like: "anyone else" if they are looking for "same".

"There is no one to talk at billing to sort this out."

Maybe I am overly sensitive but the above remark seems to me that the OP is all over Tesla about this. It is a CC issue that should be handled by the CC company. Particularly interesting is despite the advice to call the CC company the OP goes on about trying to contact Tesla.

You love to make drama out of nothing

And ya i would also want to contact the company first and have them resolve it. Opening a dispute on your CC shows up on your credit report.

@andy Unauthorized charges may be a mistake but the CC company has the tools to determine mistakes from fraud. Unauthorized charges are fraudulent. There is no impact to one's credit report for reporting unauthorized charges on a CC, where are you getting that?

Despite being told to contact the CC company there is no mention by the OP of doing so but they did come back saying they tried to contact Tesla, why no contact with the CC company. Credit report bullshit is bullshit and a red herring to make your own drama.

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi | 14 janvier 2020

If I purchased something by accident I would be contacting my CC not Tesla

Im getting that because i opened a dispute on my CC last year and when i went to buy my house all the lenders i went to asked me what this "open dispute" was about. Not sure if its the same for every credit card company, but it happened to me.

It would be resolved much quicker

Call bullshit on things you dont agree with. Pretty good argument.

Daa as long as dispute is open and not settled it will show up on your credit report

I call bullshit on lies. There is no impact to one's credit report for reporting unauthorized charges. Are you trying to scare people from reporting fraud? Who is your master?

The all-knowing M8B. His life experiences are universal throughout, and no one can have a different experience than him. Because its bullshit.

Again. I've said this before. All you're doing is giving more reasons to flag and ignore you. You're not doing yourself anything good.

Daa as long as dispute is open and not settled it will show up on your credit report

That is correct and the status remains until the CC company removes the status (status is same regardless if you deal with Tesla or CC company). Deal with the CC company with erroneous charges, they have the power and tools to make it right and are the ones who determine the credit report situation in the matter.

"Again. I've said this before. All you're doing is giving more reasons to flag and ignore you. You're not doing yourself anything good."

I will determine, for myself, what I consider good for myself. Those that announce they are flagging and ignoring or about to do so have little minds.

ya its not much different from when you first joined the forums and you're trying to tell everyone that based on your experience with cars, that what everyone said about the smelly AC system was all FUD and bull. Because your experience and your opinion. Not much different than now. Not a very quality individual to have a conversation with. The only time you dont slap your opinion over peoples mouths is when you are mutually making fun of something.

@andy Hyperbole much?

I never said "all" smelly A/C talk was FUD and bull, not even close. I am happy to expose the hysterics that goes on here by you and a few others.

Bad smell with AC is not unique to Tesla and not wide spread problem anyway. I don't agree with you on that Andy.

@WW

You didnt read what i wrote. I dont think that, thats what @M8B did when he joined. He would tell everyone that what they are proposing is the source of it is all FUD and wrong because of his opinion and his experience with cars. Its not any different then how he articulates himself now. Everything is bullshit that he doesnt agree with. And anything thats wrong with what he said, he doesnt care and it doesnt matter and everything is everyone elses problem or fault. Lol. Its like the opposite of FISH, whereas the fish doesnt talk directly to you and only responds to strategic sentences in your comment. And M8B talks directly to you, but just silences you with his opinion and doesnt even care about the content of his speech. What a joke.

calvin940 | 14 janvier 2020

My typical approach for dispute resolution is vendor company first. Then if I cannot get it reconciled (which honestly is pretty rare), I resort to the heavy hand with the CC.

I prefer to not involve CC unless absolutely necessary. This way when I invoke the CC mechanism, it is basically no questions asked because in the 35 years I have owned one, I used that maybe 3 times.

Pages