Forums

Rear Heated Seats Upgrade Now Available

Rear Heated Seats Upgrade Now Available

As promised by Elon...
The ability to pay to have the rear heated seats enabled is now available as an upgrade for $300.00.
If you have a SR or SR+ will you purchase this upgrade?
I personally think this is great news and a fair price to pay at $100 per seat section.

Maybe now we can get Tesla to enable the footwell lights for $100 bucks.
Take my money Elon!

jhelm34 | 15 février 2020

I will not be purchasing this upgrade.

Offer foglights and footwell/ambient lights and I'm in!

WW_spb | 15 février 2020

Slippery slope are Micro transactions. Don't like the lastest trend.

Magic 8 Ball | 15 février 2020

Marketing genius.

kevin_rf | 15 février 2020

Are you sure that applies to both the SR and SR+? I thought the SR had both the front and rear seats turned off...

Seems they would need to charge a different price.

jacknrascal | 15 février 2020

Done! Thanks Tesla!

PteRoy | 15 février 2020

So Tesla charged you when they put the hardware in your car and software locked it so you can’t use it. Now you want to pay again for them to unlock it?

$452 Canadian lol. What a joke.

How do you think all the LR AWD owners feel, performance is just a software option. LOL

Magic 8 Ball | 15 février 2020

So my comcast box can get every channel buy they want to charge me to get the channels, what a strange world.

LoL

teslamazing | 15 février 2020

Tesla is just now recouping the cost for installing the heated seats. No joke there. Smart move.

Sarah R | 15 février 2020

I'll buy it. I'll also buy the footwell and fog lights. But what I really want is the premium audio.

PteRoy | 15 février 2020

Magic 8 Ball | February 15, 2020
So my comcast box can get every channel buy they want to charge me to get the channels, what a strange world.

Sounds like you have a fetish for supporting scamming companies. Might want to seek out counselling. If I buy a toaster I don’t call the company and ask how much I have to pay to make it work. But that’s just me.

teslamazing | 15 février 2020

"If I buy a toaster I don’t call the company and ask how much I have to pay to make it work"

What?

RayNLA | 15 février 2020

@kevin_rf
From what I’ve always known the SR comes with driver and passenger heated seats.

Andy_W | 15 février 2020

Footwell lights and I'll buy the rear heated seats just to be nice.

M3phan | 15 février 2020

Good bargain, even in CA dollars. I’ve got them already but if I didn’t, this is a no brainer upgrade.

M3phan | 15 février 2020

Not wanting to spend $300 for the heated seats in a Tesla reminds me of friends refusing to pay $2.99 for an app while owning an iPhone 11 Pro Max. ; )
(Teasing folks, teasing.)

Lonestar10_1999 | 15 février 2020

I never had a car with rear heated seats so I don’t think I need the upgrade. Besides, I can always crank up the cabin heat for the few times I have rear seat passengers and it’s freezing cold.

I agree with Sarah R. If Elon wants to entice me with an after market upgrade, give me something that will actually improve the driving experience. Give me Premium Audio.

jjgunn | 15 février 2020

My footwell lights look great

Link https://m.imgur.com/gallery/WHRkVWF

jjgunn | 15 février 2020

Try this....

Link https://imgur.com/a/B1DEB2q

yudansha™ | 15 février 2020

I usually don't have passengers in the back, plus it is Florida. Can I get $300 back if I want them turned off?

AWDTesla | 15 février 2020

Genius.

Now make track mode an upgrade

coselectric | 15 février 2020

I already have the heated rear seats, but if I didn't I'd gladly pay $300 for them, no question. It's worth the chuckle I get all winter long every time my kids ask "dad, can you turn on my butt warmer?" or "dad, I'm really cold, can you give me cheeks a 3?" (3 is the highest setting, of course)

pjwheeler83 | 15 février 2020

Have the SR+, already got the rear heated seats (the only seat that doesn't have lumbar heat is the middle for obvious reasons)

Im on board with everyone else though... give me ambient lighting and premium audio upgrades and take all my money!

First question I get when the disgruntle teens get in the car is can you turn on my seat. Up here in the New England so glad I pony'd up the extra dollars for the LR AWD that comes with them turned on.

First question I get when the disgruntle teens get in the car is can you turn on my seat. Up here in the New England so glad I pony'd up the extra dollars for the LR AWD that comes with them turned on.

Dang, talk about a stuck mouse button....

Smalm | 15 février 2020

I’d like to see a subscription off where I can pay $10/month and turn it on/off for the times when I actually have passengers like during the holidays.

Smalm | 15 février 2020

*offer not off

yudansha™ | 15 février 2020

Six disgruntle teens in one car? lol

AWDTesla | 15 février 2020

Smalm | February 15, 2020
I’d like to see a subscription off where I can pay $10/month and turn it on/off for the times when I actually have passengers like during the holidays.

I think that's silly.

RayNLA | 15 février 2020
Xerogas | 15 février 2020

To those folks who are upset that Tesla charges money to unlock hardware that is already installed in the car: would you prefer they not pre-install the seat heaters, then charge double and require a service center visit to install new seats? What if you wanted to upgrade to full self driving, and were told your car doesn’t have the hardware necessary, so you now have to buy a whole new car to get that feature?

FFS, folks, this is standard procedure and makes it more economical for all of us. ICE cars come with fancy carburetors that have been nerfed, so you pay more to unlock the extra performance; been that way for decades. It’s just operationally more efficient that way.

Ian-TelsaM3 | 19 février 2020

Standard Range owner here. I would like to purchase the 30 extra miles of range that is software locked. I don't want AutoPilot, but I do want the extra range.

cros13 | 19 février 2020

What's the price in europe on an SR+?