Forums

Upgrades in APP unavailable

Upgrades in APP unavailable

Hey folks,

Curious if anyone else lacks the ability to access upgrades through the app. I’ve had the latest version on my phone since its release, and have never seen the tab.

The only thing I can figure is that my Apple account is associated with a Canadian address, which I never bothered to change when I moved to the US. Can any Canucks attest to the fact that they also cannot access this feature in the app? Otherwise, I’m at a loss.

Doesn’t matter that much. Just curious more than anything. Thanks!

Johnny

Johnnyo1980 | 16 février 2020

Bump.

SalisburySam | 16 février 2020

In US, have the UPGRADES option.

I’m also in the US. Just wondering if there is a different version of the app based on your Apple account’s address.

Apparently I can’t change it because I have to spend the $0.12 left in the account before I’m allowed to do that. Friggin Apple.

And my Apple ID does have US as the Country/Region. So I’m stumped.

teslamazing | 16 février 2020

Just chat with Tesla.

EVRider | 16 février 2020

I’ve seen the Upgrades option disappear from my app (same for Roadside Assistance) at times. Try killing the app and relaunching it.

I’ve never seen it as an option. Deleted and re-installed, still not there. So weird.

DiminishedSeventh | 16 février 2020

@johnnyo1980 what trim do you have? Just wondering if you have a performance whether the upgrades section would appear as you have nothing to upgrade.

geovannimendez | 16 février 2020

I’m in US and have never seen the options tab as well. I have the latest updates for my model 3 and iPhone.

@ DiminishedSeventh

SR+

For instance, I don’t have heated seats in the rear. I would expect to be able to purchase via the app. Can’t do it. The tab isn’t even there. The upgrade is available for me online though.

Again, I’m not upset. It’s just unusual. Everyone seems to have this option in the app.

Huh. Interesting. I see you said you had the latest version of the app. I’m assuming you’re on the latest vehicle firmware also?

Maybe try logging out/in on the app. Or if that doesn’t work, uninstalling the app, and then reinstalling it with a phone restart in between. Could be a cache issue with your phone?

jjgunn | 16 février 2020

This morning I had to login to the app.

Logged in.....

1) Loot Box missing
2) Upgrades option gone

Android latest February 2020 updates Pixel 2 XL
App version 3.10.3
M3 Firmware = 2020.4.1

jjgunn | 16 février 2020

10 minutes later....

Schedule service & roadside assistance have returned.

Loot box returned

No upgrades option yet. I only have basic Auto-Pilot on the P3D

gballant4570 | 16 février 2020

I don't recall ever seeing an upgrades option in the app. And I don't even have an Apple account, not that it would matter.....

@ gballant4570

Upgrades option was rolled out in the 3.10.3 app update in December.

@ DiminishedSeventh

Tried all that. D’OH!

Ugh. Sorry my friend, all out of ideas.

EVRider | 16 février 2020

The Upgrades option should appear whether or not there are any available upgrades. I have no upgrades available but the Upgrades option still appears for both our Model 3 and Model S (except when it temporarily disappears). For me, Upgrades appears on the list between Summon and Schedule Service.

jjgunn | 16 février 2020

Upgrades option returned. Not sure when but obviously something related to Tesla servers. Everything is back to normal again