Forums

Model 3 photo leaked

Model 3 photo leaked

From a "trusted source".... trust me =P

Hope this link works:

Captain_Zap | 30 mars 2016

I hope it is wrong and the car has the Model S headlights. Those look like tired eyes.

bsimoes | 30 mars 2016

I thought the exact same thing!

dd.micsol | 30 mars 2016

wish they would put a smile on the front using a curvature, but we all know wind plays such an important role. I'd be okay with this car for 35k and 225m range.

I was hoping to see that grin too.

danCE | 30 mars 2016

I like it. Looks like a cat ready to pounce on its prey.

MarlonBrown | 30 mars 2016

Any 12 year old could have photoshopped this... But if it is close to this, I am fine with it.

Tropopause | 30 mars 2016

Bogus!

But not bad looking.

eppyranch | 30 mars 2016

Look at Google images many great concepts

flight505 | 30 mars 2016

At first sight I liked new Model X front more than current Model S.

Now I like more aggressive Model S front better.

I hope Model 3 front end is different.

jordanrichard | 30 mars 2016

Ok, let's just say for a moment that this is indeed a legit picture. This is just a concept. There is nothing to say that the headlights you see, will be on the production car.

With that said I like the way this looks because it is a blend of both the S and X.

Abrahamson.tyler | 30 mars 2016

Its a photoshop, and a bad one at that. They tooth the headlights of an X and squished them a bit, and then pulled parts from this picture. http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/2013-Tesla-Model-S-front-3-1352910063...

Its a photoshop, and a bad one at that. They tooth the headlights of an X and squished them a bit, and then pulled parts from this picture. http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/2013-Tesla-Model-S-front-3-1352910063...

Red Sage ca us | 30 mars 2016

These really bad renderings are all over the internet.

JuJoo | 30 mars 2016

You can see where the image trim is. At least blend your cuts to make it more believable... -___-

I would like the front of the Model ≡ to have the X grill with the S headlights. :D

Haggy | 30 mars 2016

I'm sure somebody at Tesla is having a good laugh about this thread and is relieved not to have to pull it.

bt456 | 30 mars 2016

All recent Sedans in the world, look the same on the outside, and most of the 2016 and 2017 models look really good. There is no way, the Model 3 will look better than what is out there, and certainly cannot be too radical to be practical anyway.

All that matters to most people is the price (cannot be 50k) , range and tech, reliability, or better yet availability. The latter two, is what Tesla sucks at.

Tstolz | 30 mars 2016

I hope that isn't it. It isn't too bad or anything ... just not emotional enough for my tastes. It's actually pretty easy to design a sexy car ... just make it low and wide and you are half way there. Trouble is, practical is tall and more narrow.

solard532 | 30 mars 2016

I'd be pretty satisfied if the real thing will look similar to that. I like the eyes. But I think the "T" emblem needs to be bigger on ALL of their cars!!!

PBEndo | 30 mars 2016

Very amateur photoshop. The inside corners of the headlights stick into or overlap the hood.

logicalthinker | 31 mars 2016

@PBEndo, Good eye. Very good eye.

Silver2K | 31 mars 2016
Haggy | 31 mars 2016

All that matters to most people is the price (cannot be 50k) , range and tech, reliability, or better yet availability. The latter two, is what Tesla sucks at.

You should read the actual Consumer Reports rating before you make such statements. They don't suck at making reliable cars. They have some areas where they could do better, but in the worst category on the list, 97% of customers had no problem and those don't affect reliability in the classic sense of the car not working. Of course people want cars that work perfectly, but your statement gives the impression that if you buy one, it's likely to break down when it's extremely unlikely to break down.

Even in areas that have received a lot of press, such as drive trains, CR lists the reliability as excellent with a failure rate of under 1% (the best rating) for recent years, and Tesla was so confident in the drive trains that they gave the best warranty in the industry to them.

As for price, people want a good price compared to other cars in the same category, or they want to get the best car in the price range they selected. There are many people looking to buy a car in the price range of the Model 3 even without tax advantages, but for those who will be getting tax credits and rebates, they will be able to add $25K worth of options before they exceed the price point you mentioned.

Haggy | 31 mars 2016

The first paragraph above should be a quote.