Forums

Feature request - dashcam

Feature request - dashcam

It would be great if the Model 3 had a built in dash cam. They are becoming increasingly popular (in Europe anyway) and a built in, front and rear, cam would be great. Constant cyclic record to an SD card somewhere.

Also, regarding the cowbells... could we have the indicator sound be a cowbell? I like the idea of turning left sounding like the intro to nighttrain by Guns n' Roses.

kandrey89 | 8 avril 2016

I second the dashcam, front and rear.
Parking mode - motion and g-sensor activated during parking while car is off.
I use a dashcam in California, and not only is it my safety but safety for others when you are near the scene of an accident.

fyun89 | 8 avril 2016

Dash cam is so abundant in other areas outside the US.. Im not sure why car makers don't take advantage of this... Cars already have cameras around. Cars these days have the systems required to make better use of it as dashcam.. I am another person who would welcome this feature..

fyun89 | 8 avril 2016

Dash cam is so abundant in other areas outside the US.. Im not sure why car makers don't take advantage of this... Cars already have cameras around. Cars these days have the systems required to make better use of it as dashcam.. I am another person who would welcome this feature..

badpat | 8 avril 2016

In some countries it might be illegal to use a dash cam. At least in Germany it's controversial because of privacy concerns.

alnrench2 | 9 avril 2016

DashCam is a great idea...with perhaps a 15 minute loop recording time . Hooking up a camera these days means wires all over the place....but, a factory installed unit, or at minimum pre-wire an electric connection near the rear view mirror would be great !

TeslaTap.com | 9 avril 2016

It's been a highly voted desired feature so far Tesla cars: http://teslatap.com/questions/dash-cams/

gerry.oden | 9 avril 2016

Accessible video recordings would seem to be an prudent feature for any vehicle with auto-drive functionality.

yongliangzhu68 | 9 avril 2016

@ alnrench2: Why a 15 minute loop? You can store well over 50 hours of HD video on a $20 flash drive.