Forums

Why Trump is promoting Space research

Why Trump is promoting Space research

There has to be a reason.
Well that is not strictly true.
But why this race to Space?

I think it is about the minerals out there. Mining asteroids, the Moon.
Follow the money.

What do you think?

codyb12889 | 30 avril 2017

Second to money Trump is willing to rant about anything that his supporters will cheer for. I feel like even he is smart enough to know that when it comes to space we have reached a point that private industry will seriously out pace gov bureaucracy with it's massive spending.

He is happily spending billions of dollars in a useless manner in an attempt to garner favorability with his base.

MitchP85D | 30 avril 2017

Maybe Elon is persuading Trump to promote space research.

RedShift | 30 avril 2017

My dear Ross, space exploration has always been about those things. Not new. Well, in Mars' case there is this desire to make it habitable.

Remnant | 1 mai 2017

@codyb12889 (April 30, 2017)

<< He is happily spending billions of dollars in a useless manner in an attempt to garner favorability with his base. >>

Hollow speculation about his intent. Besides, he doesn't need additional "favorability with his base", 'cause polls show it hasn't budged, he already has it, might even be stronger. He might benefit from support from other groups, but he is not likely to have to "rant about anything" to get it.

And how about your trying to be gentle, like in "gentleman"? Phrases like "happily spending billions", "useless manner", "attempt to garner", and "rant about anything" are fighting words. They make you look like a street fighter, rather than a debater.

So, will you cool it, please? If we were to reciprocate about your side, we could say that the less endowed of the political debate have taken over and are making a joke out of any serious national security issue and any notion of American economic growth. But we would rather appeal to you to raise the bar and make the effort to educate yourself and learn to be civil and ... well, let's say it ... a tad more intelligent.

nadurse | 1 mai 2017

I think that Trumps space policy/budget is evidence that Elon Musk being on his economic advisory council (or whatever it is called) has had a some positive influence on Trump by coming to the table and working with him, rather than boycotting like some on this forum have been foolishly calling/wishing for.

SamO | 1 mai 2017

Faux King Chump is trying to get an introduction to Amber, so he's buttering up Elon with talk of rockets.

Or Chump is trying to wrangle an invitation to Model 3 unveiling.

Or Chump is hoping to be the ruler of an entire planet and Mars is closest.

Or Chump thinks getting to Mars is easier than repealing Obamacare.

And so it goes.

SCCRENDO | 1 mai 2017

@Samo. LOL

brando | 8 mai 2017

Sadly, I can't think of one positive thing Trump has done.
I just pray he doesn't start WWIII.
And I'm an atheist.

Silver2K | 9 mai 2017

+1 SamO

Ross1 | 11 mai 2017

Follow the money, that is why (the OP)

brando | 14 mai 2017

Remnant-
"So, will you cool it, please? If we were to reciprocate about your side, we could say that the less endowed of the political debate have taken over and are making a joke out of any serious national security issue and any notion of American economic growth. But we would rather appeal to you to raise the bar and make the effort to educate yourself and learn to be civil and ... well, let's say it ... a tad more intelligent."

Is this meant for our "State Department" or "Department of Defense" ? Perhaps to the "Executive Branch" ?

I'm sure once we completely bomb those 7 counties into the stone age, they'll have no more reason to hate us.

carlk | 14 mai 2017

There is no why for whatever that mentally unstable person say or do.