Forums

Article and book: What you need to know about M3, configuration, and EVs

Article and book: What you need to know about M3, configuration, and EVs

mntlvr23 | 21 juin 2017

"With the federal tax credit on Tesla’s plug-in vehicles set to expire within the next 12 months or so, many reservation holders are balancing the time they might have to wait for a specific option with the likelihood of getting a $7,500 federal tax credit"

Disappointing sentence for an otherwise adequate basic article.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 21 juin 2017

It isn't due to 'expire' so much as it is due to reach a point of phaseout. Still not quite 'within 12 months' in my opinion. The phaseout will probably begin July 1, 2018. But there would still be a $3,750 amount to be acquired for six months after that... And an $1,875 amount for six months beginning January 1, 2019. So the expiration of the Federal EV Tax Credit is far more than 12 months from now, and I expect the expiration to be more like July 1, 2019 when no vehicles from Tesla sold that day or afterward would be eligible for the program.

Ross1 | 25 juin 2017

bump

bj | 25 juin 2017

@Ross1 - gauche to bump your own threads. For a moment I thought someone had written a "Model 3 for Dummies" book.

SUN 2 DRV | 25 juin 2017

bj: While Ross had started the thread, it's primarily about a third party article, not Ross's personal opinions...

Turns out I had missed it the first time around and so I appreciated the Bump...

Ross1 | 26 juin 2017

thank you.
It is a 'must read' for anyone configuring

High Plains Drifter | 26 juin 2017

Don't know much about the Model 3 but this is what I know about the M3...

https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/m/m3.html