Forums

"Chill" mode?

"Chill" mode?

What is "chill" mode? I've seen comments referring to chill as a way to smooth out the ride. What is it and where do I find it?

DRFLGD | 15 novembre 2017

It comes with the latest FW update (.44). It increases the time to get from 0-60 (to somewhere in the 7 second range).

lilbean | 15 novembre 2017

You can now choose between two acceleration options in your vehicle: Chill and Standard. Chill makes acceleration more gradual – ideal for smoother driving and a gentler ride for your passengers.”

While the instant torque is arguably one of the best parts of driving electric, not everyone gets used to it. Therefore, it might prove useful to some.

In order to activate it, drivers can go to Controls > Controls > Driving and toggle to Chill under ‘Acceleration’.

Bighorn | 15 novembre 2017

Not all cars have the option

NZJulia | 15 novembre 2017

Love chill. Far smoother for passengers. And it's still fast!

Captain_Zap | 15 novembre 2017

It is like a chauffeur mode.

Rowlie | 16 novembre 2017

Does the update go to all cars? I have a P85D and haven't gotten anything yet.

Pricee2 | 16 novembre 2017

Has anyone tested "chill" to see if it gets more MPE per kWh?

jordanrichard | 16 novembre 2017

Bighorn, which cars get this IMHO useless/unnecessary option?

If your passengers are throwing up when you accelerate, ummmmmm ohh I don't know, don't press the accelerator so quick......

lilbean | 16 novembre 2017

I do remember reading a thread recently from someone who said he was disabled and has a spastic driving foot. He was asking for a feature like this. I think this was on the Model X forum.

lilbean | 16 novembre 2017
babyjocko | 16 novembre 2017

It would be REAL nice if this setting were saved in Profile Settings. I keep it on Ludicrous. But, Chill is much better for my wife.

Ohmster | 16 novembre 2017

^Agreed!

Bighorn | 16 novembre 2017

@jordan
Not sure. P85+ does not have it.

Polybius | 15 décembre 2017

p85d and I do not have it either. Not that I would use it.

PatientFool | 15 décembre 2017

I think that it's a great feature for TACC/EAP with passengers. It makes the car drive much more passenger-friendly given the amount of torque that the car has. I've found myself turning it on for commutes with the wife.

kerryglittle | 15 décembre 2017

P85D here too and still haven't seen it. But living in Canada that doesn't surprise me. Maybe next year. LOL.

StatsApp | 15 décembre 2017

I think I saw the chill mode in the settings after I picked up the car from the SC where they installed .44 firmware.
I haven't enabled it.

cephellow | 15 décembre 2017

P85D and just got it. Chill, standard, ludicrous. Still keepin it ludicrous. I just yesterday drove my friend’s Porsche 911turbo S in sport plus mode, I think that is what chill mode was designed to emulate.

danbry39 | 16 décembre 2017

cephellow, oh what a delicious burn. Funny as you know what.

mark.manner | 16 décembre 2017

I don't really need the extra range ( I have a 100D), but my Nissan Leaf in 'eco' mode, which sounds like chill in that it reduces acceleration, did add some range (maybe 5% or so). I suspect I won't use chill unless I am out somewhere on a long trip and need to be really careful to get to a supercharge/etc. along with using the extended range (can't recall name) feature.

melburstein | 16 décembre 2017

My initial reaction was "Why would anyone want to reduce performance, especially when getting out of the way of an impending collision?" Now I use it. I notice very little difference in acceleration and the ride is smoother.

Kenz | 17 décembre 2017

Valet mode should put it in CHILL and restrict top speed.

TeslaTap.com | 17 décembre 2017

@Kenz - Valet already limits top speed and reduces acceleration - sort of like Chill max!

redacted | 17 décembre 2017

Good gosh, I tried it once and it reminded me of my Ford Pinto from back in the day. So now, if I have delicate passengers, I just use a delicate touch on the pedal. Also, I avoid delicate passengers.

PagemakersS75P3 | 19 décembre 2017

Just installed 50.1 on HW2 car.

Chill mode is now tied to a profile.

kerryglittle | 19 décembre 2017

Thats hilarious redacted. The Pinto and Pacer were classics. The Pacer was like sitting in a fish bowl. Don't see either of them very often these days. Maybe at the odd car show here and there. Ah the good old days. :-)

sentabo | 19 décembre 2017

Lol redacted.

Haggy | 19 décembre 2017

When I took my daughter to get her first car, she knew exactly what she wanted. By the end of the day, we had gone to more different dealerships to try cars of more brands than I can remember and ended up with something different. I think a chill mode might have gotten a sale the first time around.

blacktape242 | 19 décembre 2017

as my license plate says on my S "NO CHI11" not ever... :)

kwen197 | 20 décembre 2017

For shopping and cruising around town it is ideal, and I can still out gun any car at a traffic light.

ST70 | 20 décembre 2017

all you 'tards that can't govern y'alls feets are crackin me up!

kwen197 | 21 décembre 2017

ST70, Its all about resisting the temptation of high performance for the comfort of your passengers.
Governing Feet is not an issue for me.

kerryglittle | 22 décembre 2017

I might use that for an excuse if I get pulled over for speeding ST70. My foot governor failed. LOL.