Submitted by Getting Amped Again on Mon, 2013-01-21 12:51
I want the mobile app to include all the features and functionality of the fob. Here's why:
1) I always have my phone and it's always charged.
2) I am more likely to lose the fob than my phone.
3) My phone (and/or the app) has a four-digit security PIN, the fob does not.
4) TM can update the app over the network to add new functionality.
5) Other posters have explained that with Bluetooth you can figure out the proximity of my phone to the car.
6) Friends and family can have access to the car - they just need to know the app PIN, which I control.
7) I'll bring a fob along if I know I will be using valet parking, taking my car in for service, etc.
I use my phone to access bank accounts, credit cards, and to pay for things. Please add "drive my Model S" to that list!