Forums

Yearly charges

Yearly charges

Hello all,

I have kept up with all the various posts on the M3, but it appears I have missed the following, and I even checked the M3 “All Info” thread, so here goes:

1. Is there yearly maintenance for M3 like there is for MS? (Every 12 months or 12,000 miles)

2. If so, same charges as MS? ($600, $400, $600 each) ?

3. Standard warranty on M3? - I know I saw this one somewhere in here so don’t worry about this one. Lol

Donlen
2015 MS 70D

voytres | 4 août 2018

Warranty

Battery and Drive Unit
8 years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first

New Vehicle Limited Warranty
4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first

this is for LR RWD, for other may differ

spuzzz123 | 5 août 2018

Don’t know about how much the services cost. But this is from the owners manual as the only significant maintenance required. (Not including things like check wiper fluid or tire pressure)

• Rotate the tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km).
• Brake fluid. Every 2 years or 25,000 miles (40,000 km), whichever comes first.
• Battery coolant. Every 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 km), whichever comes first.

ravisundaramam | 5 août 2018

100$ a year for premium LTE.

All critical updates will happen in base LTE. All navigation updates in base LTE. Routing and turn by turn in base lte.

Premium gives you live traffic update on the display, streaming internet service.

garygid | 5 août 2018

I feel that the live traffic update is part of the basic function of the car, using the traffic information for routing. The traffic display is also a safety factor, allowing me to avoid potentially hazardous areas.

Hopefully, Tesla will decide to keep the live Traffic data in the base LTE, perhaps updating the traffic information less frequently. How often is the traffic data updated now?

BostonPilot | 6 août 2018

Can you just pair your car to your phone's hotspot and get traffic that way?

voytres | 6 août 2018

@BostonPilot

Only premium connection will be $100 per year (for those who put 2500 after Jul 31 2018), standard connection (that enough for GPS and other stuff) will be free.

afcop2 | 6 août 2018

voytres, I thought the cut off for the free LTE was 7/1/18, not 7/31/18...

voytres | 6 août 2018

@afcop2

time flies :)

you are right, all orders placed before July 1, 2018 received premium connectivity)

fidka | 6 août 2018

Will the app or screen promt you for the service?

ravisundaramam | 7 août 2018

@garygid: "Hopefully, Tesla will decide to keep the live Traffic data in the base LTE, perhaps updating the traffic information less frequently. How often is the traffic data updated now?"

Comment like this shows how much the user landscape is changing. Users expect improvements even after purchasing the car. Wait till ICEV makers try to lure these users back, they will be shocked by the demands! If Honda introduces a "sport mode" in their automatic transmissions for the next model year, they would never expect the previous years owners asking "can we have it too? for free? done when I am sleeping, dont make me go to the dealership for it and smell the burnt coffee in their lounge".

As for live traffic, it is being used in route calculation and navigation, it does not get displayed on the screen because that takes lots of bandwidth. There are buttons for home and work, so if you use nav app for well known well traversed commuting route, it will route you around construction zones etc.

gadget63 | 7 août 2018

since I ordered my M3 back in June I get the premium service with traffic updates. But between you and me, I still use Waze as my go to navigation since that gives me weather updates, road hazards, traffic conditions and yes, where the PO PO are. I use the tesla navigation strictly for where the super chargers are and how to navigate to them.

maintreqd | 7 août 2018

Regarding maintenance, I found this chart for Model S on another forum: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/img_0655-png.231110/

I'd love to find one for Model 3 (and to know what's on the second page, if anything important).

Has anyone seen anything like this for Model 3? If no (or even if so), would it be reasonable to assume many if not all checks and their corresponding duration from original purchase might hold true for Model 3 as well?

donlen.k.ruffin | 7 août 2018

@Maintreqd +1

Rocky_H | 8 août 2018

It seems very fitting that "maintreqd" found the maintenance information.