Forums

Idea/Suggestion for Tesla/Mr. Elon Musk

Idea/Suggestion for Tesla/Mr. Elon Musk

My name is Bruce Lim and I am currently a high school student in Memphis, Tennessee. I have originally tried sending my suggestion/idea and sketches to Mr. Elon Musk/Tesla through mail and also through email at Press@tesla.com, but have received no reply. Is there a specific email address or location where we can suggest ideas directly and privately? Will there also be a reply if the email has been received? I know that it would be difficult to keep track of all incoming information, but thank you so much for your help!

Maxxer | 31 août 2018
Xerogas | 31 août 2018

@albertyu345: I’d try his twitter account @elonmusk

albertyu345 | 1 septembre 2018

I know he/Tesla is extremely busy and have also tried Twitter to @elonmusk and @Tesla as well as email to Elon.musk@tesla.com, but still no response. Anyways, thanks for the help and I will continue to wait. If anyone knows of another way to successfully contact/ send a message to Tesla/Mr. Elon Musk, please comment. Thanks again!

TeslaTap.com | 1 septembre 2018

Elon is likely getting hundreds if not thousands of emails a day. He's a busy guy, so it's not too likely he's able to read your email or take the time to get back to you. Still there is always a small chance it gets to him and he'll respond.

Not sure what your idea is, but we see a lot of impractical ideas on the forums, from solar car roofs (not cost effective) to strange perpetual motion type ideas like wind generators on a car, which are not possible. Anyway, hopefully your idea is smart and beyond common areas that those without any science background seem to suggest regularly.

Xerogas | 1 septembre 2018

@albertyu345: win your local science fair. That’s the kind of story that usually gets attention.

Ross1 | 1 septembre 2018

do you wear a dress?

Bluewillow2 | 12 septembre 2019

September 13 2019
Elon
I wonder if Tesla could be adapted to joystick steering? I was paralyzed by a stroke on my left side in 2010 so can’t grip a steering wheel with my left hand. This is pretty much all that prevents me from buying a Tesla if and when I return to Canada.
Brian Elkey
Cheonan, South Korea

Bluewillow2 | 12 septembre 2019

Sept 13 2019 Re: Joystick steering
Elon
Another thought as to joystick steering is that the cars would not have to be adapted to driving on the right or left side of the road. For British or Japanese drivers there would not have to be a different model with steering wheel on right side. But it might be more difficult to steer for predominantly right handed people who are about 90% of the population as they would have to steer with their left hand. Left handed people would probably love it.
Americans who rent a car in left side driving countries might find it doubly disorienting sitting on the right side to drive and using left hand to steer. However they may not have to sit on the right side of the car but just drive on the left side of the road.
Brian Elkey
Cheonan, South Korea