Forums

V9 wide release right now without Drive on Nav

V9 wide release right now without Drive on Nav

I got a software update notification 3 am est. Updating now.

Who else got update?

Just saw this post from Elon

V9 moving to wide release now. Holding back Autopilot drive on navigation for a few more weeks of validation. Extremely difficult to achieve a general solution for self-driving that works well everywhere.

ebmcs03 | 5 octobre 2018

Don’t see it. I’m staring at nothing st 4am pacific time.

sterickson | 5 octobre 2018

@OP: You might change "FSD", in your title, to "Drive on Nav". They aren't the same.

jithesh | 5 octobre 2018

@sterickson thanks for pointing out. Changed

gmr6415 | 5 octobre 2018

@jitheshm, out of curiosity what was your build date and last 5 of your vin? Example (60xxx).

I ask because as of yesterday the few 3s that had been updated to 9 were 10/02 builds.

BlueMeanie | 5 octobre 2018

Maybe, but TeslaFi is only showing 2 cars with the latest version 9... not exactly widespread distribution.

BlueMeanie | 5 octobre 2018

We’ll, 5 now - so moving along...

hokiegir1 | 5 octobre 2018

I just got 36.2 installed last night. I expect it will be a few days for me.

gmr6415 | 5 octobre 2018

Correction. I was looking at a different tracker than I normally use. 10/2 wasn't the build date. That was the day the update was pushed.

jithesh | 5 octobre 2018

The update is complete but looks like mine was updated to 36.2, my apologies for the confusion.

I was really hoping to have some fun in the weekend playing with v9 Now I am back in eagerly waiting mode :-)

hokiegir1 | 5 octobre 2018

Given the larger push of 36.2 recently, I have a feeling that may be a prerequisite for V9, especially with the release notes being *only* "Bug fixes and other minor adjustments" -- not even the summary of what was previously there that usually shows with that line.

I'm just happy to finally have my playlists back on Slacker.

vb1 | 5 octobre 2018

Does the new update have blind spot monitoring, or it part of the feature set that's withheld?

jithesh | 5 octobre 2018

@hokiegir1 I was thinking the same. so hopefully everyone will get v9 within this week

gmr6415 | 5 octobre 2018

I was on the phone with my service center for another issue and while on the phone the technician looked to see if he could push v9 to me in hopes of resolving my issue. He said he couldn't. Just an FYI.

js1000 | 5 octobre 2018

same here received at 2:35am. installed this morning but no eap-drive on nav.

matt80206 | 5 octobre 2018

vb1 go to the autopilot tab, scroll down you should see blind spot notification there and turn it on. (that's where lane departure warning and stuff is). Also the 4 curves around the car as you drive is secondary notification that is always on (when they are red don't switch lanes)

calvin940 | 5 octobre 2018

I just got the email about V9. I am excited to say the least.

It also stated in the email that I should make sure my car is on Wifi to receive the update. Is there any way for me to initiate a "Check for updates" or something?? C;mon!

CharleyBC | 5 octobre 2018

@Calvin940: "I just got the email about V9."

Wait, what? What email? Would you mind copying it here for the rest of us curious, excited folks? Thanks!

vkpsari | 5 octobre 2018

Got the e-mail few mins ago. Hopefully the push will happen tonight or by the weekend.

Introducing Software Version 9.0—designed for a faster, more intuitive driver experience. Here’s a brief overview of other important updates:
3 new apps: Browser (with Premium Connectivity), Calendar and Energy
The center display provides a 360-degree view of surrounding cars, with better blind spot monitoring
The Tesla App can now connect with your car to control media, send destinations and start software updates
The new application launcher allows you to access all your apps in one place
Navigation provides more insight into upcoming turns—including highway exit information

To receive these updates as quickly as possible, make sure your car is connected to WiFi. As a Tesla owner, your driving experience will only get better over time: every Model S, Model X and Model 3 on the road will receive new features and improvements from Software Version 9.0.
L T I Y
Tesla | All Rights Reserved | 3500 Deer Creek Rd. Palo Alto CA 94304
Privacy Policy

Okay, and now I just got the email too. I never got an email about an update before. So fulfilling my own request just above, here's the text for anyone curious:

Introducing Software Version 9.0—designed for a faster, more intuitive driver experience. Here’s a brief overview of other important updates:
3 new apps: Browser (with Premium Connectivity), Calendar and Energy
The center display provides a 360-degree view of surrounding cars, with better blind spot monitoring
The Tesla App can now connect with your car to control media, send destinations and start software updates
The new application launcher allows you to access all your apps in one place
Navigation provides more insight into upcoming turns—including highway exit information
FULL DETAILS
To receive these updates as quickly as possible, make sure your car is connected to WiFi. As a Tesla owner, your driving experience will only get better over time: every Model S, Model X and Model 3 on the road will receive new features and improvements from Software Version 9.0.

(The FULL DETAILS thing is a link to https://www.tesla.com/support/software-v9?redirect=no&utm_source=communi...)

jiman72 | 5 octobre 2018

Everyone check your inbox on your Tesla App for the email. It states car needs to be connected to WiFi.

jvcesare | 5 octobre 2018

@jiman72 Speaking of the in box, anyone know how to delete messages from the app's in box?

voytres | 5 octobre 2018

goo.gl/1dnzJG

Blindspot Monitoring
To improve safety and increase confidence when changing lanes, cars with Full Self-Driving hardware will now display a red lane line when your turn signal is engaged and a car or obstacle is detected in your target lane. There is no change to the display for cars without Full Self-Driving hardware.

Tesla cars with Full-Self-Driving hardware will now use all eight cameras, providing a 360-degree view of surrounding cars. This includes improved blind spot monitoring on the instrument panel which reflects the type of car in your blind spot, supplementing an already attentive driver.

We all have "Full Self-Driving hardware", right? Not the optional software; it says "hardware". I think it's just some older Ss that don't. So we 3 folks are in. I hope.

Mikepadilla | 5 octobre 2018

Based on the notes it seems only cars who have FSD will get the blind spot detection which sounds absolutely absurd to me. I hope I’m reading it wrong because that was the most practical update I was expecting.

voytres | 5 octobre 2018

@CharleyBC,

From Tesla site: All Tesla vehicles produced in our factory, including Model 3, have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver.

maybe older Teslas doesn't have Full Self-Driving hardware? Confused

MarylandS85 | 5 octobre 2018

That’s right. Some older Tesla cars (cars other than Model 3) won’t have the FSD hardware. Every Model 3 has the hardware, so every Model 3 should have the new blind spot warning system.

voytres | 5 octobre 2018

Will see soon anyway :)

2TurnersNotEnough | 5 octobre 2018

Curious whether mine will have the V9 update when I pick it up tomorrow. Does anyone know if they update to the latest software before delivery?

voytres | 5 octobre 2018

@2TurnersNotEnough

not necessarily

@2TurnersNotEnough Don't think so. Don't worry though, it will come through for you soon enough. Good luck with Delivery

I wonder if there is any way I can "help" my M3 to get the update a little quicker.. :D

12Brent | 5 octobre 2018

Making sure Wi-Fi is enabled will help some.

rajayogesh | 5 octobre 2018

I have connected to wifi.. still not getting V9.. why!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daryl | 5 octobre 2018

I don't think that blindspot monitoring is just a FSD feature. I think it's necessary for EAP too. The website says all cars with FSD hardware. That's all of us.

afcop2 | 5 octobre 2018

I received the Tesla V9 email as well. Car has been set up with house wifi for a while now. Hopefully, maybe, the update will arrive this weekend.

Installing update now

bigroccrek | 6 octobre 2018

I have only had my M3 for 6 days and it shows 2018.36.2 ac4a215 on my phone. How will I know if an update is available? Will it automatically update? Unfortunately I didn't write down the version when I picked up the car so I don't know if it has been updated since delivery. Thanks.

Magic 8 Ball | 6 octobre 2018

Updates are automatic.
There is a yellow/orange alarm clock symbol, at the top of your display, when updates are waiting to be installed. Click on the clock and see what happens.
When updates are announced it can take weeks to roll out to everyone. Do not get caught up in the press hype and be patient.

hokiegir1 | 6 octobre 2018

There's also a nice big popup in your screen when you get in that tells you that there's one to install and gives you the option of when to do it.

dkhanna01 | 6 octobre 2018

I got the notification but when I go and check the car for update there was no upgrade icon :( what am I missing?

JAD | 6 octobre 2018

My S went from .34 to .39 so .36 is not a needed upgrade for v9.