Forums

Can't go full screen with new update?

Can't go full screen with new update?

Has anyone figured out how to switch to full screen when using the web browser with the October 5th update? It appears that the navigation is always on in the background which is not always needed. Like many others, I use EVE for Tesla from the web browser almost constantly but it works best when it's full screen (along with many other 3rd party Tesla web/app sites).
I know you can swipe up to make it bigger but I NEED "full screen" like before.

lilbean | 6 octobre 2018

Nope. That's the way it is.

johncrab | 6 octobre 2018

They screwed up A LOT of things with this mess. I used to have the rear camera view on top so I could glance at it to see blind spots. Now I have to look toward the damn floor and that's if I open a window. Giving the Nav a command closes the camera window and it's so damn much fun to take my eyes off the road to get it back on. Hey, it's been a great week for California tech. Apple broke the complications on the new Apple Watch and Tesla could not leave well enough alone and made a sorry pig's breakfast of the screen.

ibndiamond | 6 octobre 2018

I hope they can fix this with updates. I also loved having the camera at the top. Don’t feel I need to see the nav when I am not using it. Camera on top and music on the bottom was great. Seems like less choice is going backwards. Please fix.

ibndiamond | 6 octobre 2018

I hope they can fix this with updates. I also loved having the camera at the top. Don’t feel I need to see the nav when I am not using it. Camera on top and music on the bottom was great. Seems like less choice is going backwards. Please fix.

johnson.todd.r | 6 octobre 2018

Yes, V9 has really screwed up the center screen. We need to be able to choose what we want on the top and bottom. I always have the camera on top and something else (nav, energy, audio) on the bottom. V9 is a huge step backwards.

johnson.todd.r | 6 octobre 2018

Yes, V9 has really screwed up the center screen. We need to be able to choose what we want on the top and bottom. I always have the camera on top and something else (nav, energy, audio) on the bottom. V9 is a huge step backwards.

mcdonalk | 7 octobre 2018

I'm glad I discovered this thread. I also depend extensively, as I have done for 4 years, on the rear view at the top of the screen, both for the rear view and for blind spot visibility. Therefore, I went to the car and postponed a previously scheduled update for tonight (via the "clock" icon at the top of the screen). I know that I can't postpone the update forever, but maybe this issue will receive some attention so that when I can no longer postpone it, it will have been addressed.

tesla-rick | 7 octobre 2018

Please, please, please put the center UI back so you can pick what you use. I always had camera on top and music on bottom. I use the camera a lot to see cars when merging. Plus I never use Nav so why do I have to have it on all the time. The split was great. You could pick the apps you use and place the way you want. This took about half the joy out of driving the car now that I can't format the layout of the center UI that works best for me. I wish there was a way to back out the update. Worst changes ever done. Don't know why they think taking flexibly of the layout away was a good thing.

808 24 7 | 7 octobre 2018

Agree agree agree. NEED to be able to set our own layouts! Don't change for the sake of change, and definitely don't change for the worse. Some nice goodies in the update, but not being able to have anything other than MAPS on top is a super disappointment. Let's get this fixed!

patswin | 7 octobre 2018

The new position of buttons will take a little getting used to but it make all 3 cars similar and I get that. But the S & X have two screens. Taking away option to flip screens and put what we use in there makes no sense

drm | 7 octobre 2018

I agree with many here. I really like the camera on top and slacker on bottom. Nav not necessary to have on unless actively using it. I find it odd Tesla would take our ability to customize our layout away from us, this company was built on individuality and being able to have a custom driving experience. What is gained by taking the ability to have what you want on the screen?

lilbean | 7 octobre 2018

So the Model 3 owners don't feel so bad about their crappy UI?

Teetoogrn | 7 octobre 2018

How do you access the heated steering wheel and rear seat heaters now?? I looked quickly this evening, but didn't see it. I also liked having the ability to select what I wanted on top. I guess that's gone now...

kblasser | 7 octobre 2018

I will voice my complaints also. This is horrible. I, like many others thought the camera at the top was a huge safety factor. Now a smaller version lower down not as visible. I DO NOT NEED THE NAV UNLESS I AM NAVIGATING!!!
Fix this please!!!

LTR | 7 octobre 2018

I'd like to turn the whole screen OFF when not needed. I don't need anything on that screen for most of my driving...

jlima1 | 8 octobre 2018

I agree that we need to keep flexibility to have the camera on the top for Model S & X. I assume that this change makes no difference for Model 3 and probably was made so that the software for all models are the same. We Model S & X paid more more for the flexibility and we want to keep it..

SUN 2 DRV | 8 octobre 2018

Tesla has a history of making the UI worse with each update. I especially didn't like the 7 to 8 changes. But luckily I do use Nav virtually all the time for traffic and ETA info, even when I know where I'm going (unless the Nav tells me to redirect because of traffic) So it sounds like 9.0 won't be too bad for my style of usage.

lilbean | 8 octobre 2018

Since we are going back to vintage games like Atari, how about we go back to 7.0? :)

johncrab | 9 octobre 2018

So far I have yet to read that anyone is jumping for joy with v9. Comments are running neutral to negative here and in other forums with mostly the same big complaint of losing all choice when it comes to the center screen. When a scatter diagram is this one-sided, it should be a clear message but we will see if T wants to capitulate to the customer base and fix this or anger us further.

When I received a birthday (literally) surprise of having my second on-board charger disabled, that was a mistake and they got right on it and fixed it. Everyone can make a mistake. To take months to plan to take away functionality is another matter entirely and my trust is broken at this point, especially since T will not even acknowledge that so many are unhappy. Perhaps it's class action time. We scrapped our plans for a Model 3 because of this and are buying an admittedly lesser car but with 850 mile range, lots of goodies and a fraction of the "bargain" 3's price. I had planned to trade my S for a new one in the next couple of years but T will need to re-earn my trust for that to happen.

mkahnair | 13 décembre 2018

I don't like having to take my eyes off the road to open the app that tell me the date of the month. It used to permanently sit at the top of the screen.
I really don't like that I can't switch the top to bottom screen around. I don't want the nav map to be permanently at the top. I only use the nav map when I vacation travel.
This new update was clearly made without doing a customer input!

patm1000 | 28 mars 2019

I can’t bring up camera. Pd 100 naviagation is in the way