Forums

Christmas break road trip from Huntsville AL->Savannah GA->Miami FL->Key West FL->Marathon FL->St. Augustine FL->Atlanta GA

Christmas break road trip from Huntsville AL->Savannah GA->Miami FL->Key West FL->Marathon FL->St. Augustine FL->Atlanta GA

This is my second big road trip with the family (4). I had no problems. Found destination chargers at my hotel in Key West (Hyatt Centric) and Marathon (Hyatt Place). My wife still complains about the charging stops and not going as fast on the freeway (70 mph) to conserve range. I wish Tesla had a pay for use plan for enhanced autopilot. I should have gotten the enhanced autopilot with the car when I bought it.

Brian B | 2 janvier 2019

Heeey! When I reserved i was in Savannah, and now i live in Huntsville. That route is populated with plenty of chargers. ( I researched 100s of times before I moved). Did you go straight to Macon from Huntsville or stopped in Birmingham or Atlanta? At least up to Savannah, if you start with a full charge, you can take a bathroom break in Atlanta, then eating break in Macon, then bathroom break in Savannah.

majassow | 2 janvier 2019

My wife complains about charging too: she's never done shopping before the Tesla finishes charging :-).

kiwank | 3 janvier 2019

majassow: yeah my wife likes the stop in Jacksonville FL because of the Costco nearby. I think my wife likes to complain.

kiwank | 3 janvier 2019

Brian B: I went to Atlanta to eat at our favorite Chinese Restaurant (Chinese Budah) and then to Savannah (Hyatt Place Historic downtown).

PhillyGal | 3 janvier 2019

Savannah was my very first long distance road trip in a Tesla.
February 2015 :)

Far fewer chargers back then but we still made it from Philly no problem.

PhillyGal | 3 janvier 2019

Savannah was my very first long distance road trip in a Tesla.
February 2015 :)

Far fewer chargers back then but we still made it from Philly no problem.