Forums

Wish List for Next Update

Wish List for Next Update

Automatic volume control for the radio - Road noise increases with the rate of speed and makes it necessary to increase the volume of the radio and vise-versa when decelerating. My old Chevy Malibu had a feature that would automatically increase/decrease the radio volume with the speed of the car. That's old technology, so why isn't it included as standard on Teslas. It would save me from having to take my eyes off of the road to adjust the radio each time I accelerate/decelerate my Model 3. Seems like a no-brainer and low lying fruit, so can we get this feature in the next update?

A suggestion box is needed. Not sure that this Forum leads anywhere, but the people at Tesla Service said this may be the best place to submit suggestions????

jimglas | 16 janvier 2019

Adjust the volume with the left thumb wheel. No need to take your eyes off the road

mbirnie51 | 16 janvier 2019

1) I think @tsecrest's suggestion that software update is better solution than using scroll wheel. I too had a Chevy Volt that auto-adjusted volume.
2) give us a pedestrian/bike horn that we can use to alert folks that we are about to come close. Again, my Volt had that, it gave a reduced volume audible sound from the existing horn system. I used it alot in the streets of Seattle.

g.chrisk | 16 janvier 2019

1) Open and close windows thru the app
2) Adjust charge current thru the app

jordanrichard | 16 janvier 2019

better solution than using the wheel!!!? Afraid of a muscle sprang in your thumb........

The problem with this feature is that if you want to have a conversation in the car, you end up turning the volume down anyways and then turn it back up.

TeslaTap.com | 17 janvier 2019

Rare to see suggestions that haven't been arround before:

@tsecrest - it's been a high rated desired feature (I submitted it back in 2012)
https://teslatap.com/questions/automatic-sound-leveler/

@mbirnie - popular desired feature since 2013:
https://teslatap.com/questions/friendly-muted-horn-to-warn-pedestrians/

@g.chrisk - Windows - unlikely to happen as it's a safety concern. We used to have it in the fob, but removed I think in 2013. Here's the desired feature to vote on: https://teslatap.com/questions/windows-status-and-closing-from-app/

and .. Charge limit desired feature: https://teslatap.com/questions/set-charge-rate-from-app/

thomaserty1234 | 24 janvier 2019

When I was going to check for the updates suddenly the browser ran into some problem and it has now crashed. I have checked https://errorcode0x.com/chrome-crashing-windows-10-solved/ for help and really got to know more out of it.

manosoul177 | 26 janvier 2019

Why does Tesla not have Apple Car Play? When deciding on or selecting a Playlist or song, I have to pull to the side of the rode (if possible) to safely select the item from my phone. If one does not pull over, this is definitely distracted driving (very unsafe). Sometimes I can use "Hey Siri" to pull up the song or playlist, but sometimes I have forgotten their names. I know there is Slacker, etc., but I prefer my songs and playlists that I am paying Apple for every month. When the availability of other premium electric autos (i.e. Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc.) becomes competition for Tesla, and the others are offering Apple CarPlay and Google Play, Tesla may lose customers to them. I know this because when I was looking to replace my Saab convertible, with another convertible those that did not offer Apple CarPlay were not even considered. In a year or so I will be in the market again to replace my wife's car with an electric vehicle. I want it to be a Model S. However, if the others are offering CarPlay and their electric autos are close to being as nice as my Model 3, they will have my business, not Tesla. I can hear some saying why consider such a trivial item as one of the factors in selecting a car? But hey everybody is different. What is trivial to you may not be to others and I would hate to see Tesla miss out on sales for something so easily addressable. And, if not easily addressable, why?

kishorekv | 27 janvier 2019

@manosoul177 "Why does Tesla not have Apple Car Play?"
Maybe because Tesla has ambitions to have an app store of their own in the near future?

TeslaTap.com | 27 janvier 2019

@manosoul - Some owners hate carplay, others want it. Lots prior threads on this topic and it's not at all clear it is easy to add as they are not using some generic OEM head-end as quite a few automakers use. Here's the entire rundown: https://teslatap.com/articles/carplay-on-tesla/

nizam | 16 avril 2019

Wish Tesla will make it possible to review the dashcam footage recorded in the USB stick on the display screen. Also record all cameras including the rear camera like it does in Sentry mode,

btucker49256 | 16 avril 2019

There needs to be more and better voice command capabilities. At some point the screen will be old technology and people will be using only voice commands to operate the car. Be the first Elon.

cshenderson | 17 avril 2019

I would like to see a feature to lower the volume if ANY scroll wheel is suddenly turned when the car is in park. A lot of times, I park first, then realize the volume is too loud.. then the steering wheel is upside down or sideways and I have to think about it. I would like to just spin and wheel any direction and the volume mutes or decreases enough that open a door dosen't wake the neighborhood.

rebecca.be.kind | 19 avril 2019

In the new update, I would like to get more possibilities for entertainment, for example to play blackjack for real money as it described in the article https://bovegas.com/blog/promo-guide/blackjack-guide-the-ins-and-outs-of... and maybe some more voice commands to be prepared to any situation.

Rod.Wright | 19 avril 2019

Need for passenger assist handles/grab handles.

Now that Tesla is moving closer to self-driving / ride-sharing services... they need to address a serious design omission... lack of passenger assist handles/ grab handles.

I had a stroke on Christmas Eve and cannot drive for at least 6 months. Meanwhile, I've been forced to use Uber ridesharing to get around. EVERY one of those ridesharing cars I've seen, has passenger assist handles and they are essential for seniors and handicapped. Tesla needs to add those to all future production and to offer them as a dealer installed upgrade to those of who are already owners. I'd be happy to pay for that modification

Tesla2018 | 20 avril 2019

Ability to set a/c or heat to predetermined temperature a t specfic times each day.

I forget to use the app to turn the ac on before leaving in the morning or coming home at night since the phone is the last thing I take when I leave home or work. Since I have the same schedule on specific days and weekends, it would be nice to automatically come on. Cabin overheat only makes the interior temperature go down to 100 so its still hot inside the car most of the time.

NKYTA | 20 avril 2019

@Tesla2018 more time with your car will help.