Forums

Power Wall 2 Failure/Lack of Support

Power Wall 2 Failure/Lack of Support

Currently I have a failed Powerwall 2 installed.
The unit was installed July 6th 2018 and went offline November 20th 2018, with a suspected failed gateway, its now been 77 days and counting without any word as to when an appointment may be booked in to inspect for replace the faulty components.
While Tesla's customer support lines (USA) were friendly and quick to respond and call back with initial suggestions relating to the gateway. When these steps failed the support ticket was escalated there has been no contact or follow up in the months since other than the followup calls I have had to made which have all amounted to zero. "We don't have many support techs, We can't tell you when they will be available"

What have other peoples experiences been with failures and Tesla customer support and follow through? I am located in South Australia home to the worlds largest Tesla battery.

Craig.

sschaem | 4 février 2019

I think its a roll of the dice. I dont think Tesla give any warranty of performance, so they are in no hurry/worry to service products.

You might want to get authorization for a third party to investigate the problem and have it billed directly to Tesla.

They have the same issue with their automotive support. In the US its about a month wait to get an appointment to get your car looked at, then more waiting to get it fixed. (I dont now yet on the turn around once it enter the shop)

Anyways, this is in north california. Home of Tesla. So I cant imagine customer service being any better elsewhere.