Forums

$3K for FSD after purchase option

$3K for FSD after purchase option

I bought my X 100D back in late 2017, FSD just went back to $3K as an after purchase option.. Not a bad deal if you get the new computer board with the AI chip as well as FSD.

Wingz4life | 2 mars 2019

I agree...and someone just mentioned that Elon said if you already have EAP, you can add FSD for $2k. I purchased last night for $3k, so ill give it a week and ask about the $1k difference. For $2k, it is a great deal that locks you in if more hardware is needed.

bob | 2 mars 2019

I think this is great news - but... In some ways I think Tesla needs us more than we need them. The neural net needs lots of the hardware upgrades in the field for several months prior to going live with the FSD technology. This is a typical technology first adopter issue. My guess is we will see another price drop of this feature before it's actually live. Just my 2cents.

burdogg | 2 mars 2019

What is even crazier now - anyone that didn't purchase FSD OR EAP can now get plain AP for $2,000 and FSD for another $3,000 - meaning FSD for those that didn't buy any of it are only paying $5,000 after the fact. Great deal. (This is due to the drop in price https://www.tesla.com/blog/upgrading-autopilot-and-full-self-driving-cap...)

I paid for FSD at $8,000 back in Dec 2016.

raffidesigns | 2 mars 2019

@Wingz4life I’m going to wait a few more days. Elon did say it’ll take a few days for the system to correct to $2,000. I’ve heard some horror stories of Tesla’s refund being delayed. Even for vehicle returns.

airwaves60 | 3 mars 2019

Where is the option to purchase FSD located on my Tesla account?

raffidesigns | 3 mars 2019

@airwaves60 Once you click on manage under your vehicle’s VIN, scroll down to Autopilot Upgrades.

Wingz4life | 3 mars 2019

Thanks raffi! I ordered too quickly for the fear of it going away at $3k. I’m not worried and know Tesla will refund me when the dust settles. Again, I think it is a fantastic deal at $2k and it will def go up from here on out imo.

Cheers!

anders | 12 mars 2019

Strange, the FSD upgrade option is gone from my account. December 2018 MX.

Tropopause | 12 mars 2019

I still see both AP and FSD for $2k and $3k for my 2018 Model 3. But I ain't doing it! Should be back to normal by Monday- $11k for both.

salman303 | 26 mai 2019

In Switzerland, purchased EAP, still can't find the option to purchase FSD on my account. Also I think software updates are lagging here, still on 2019.8.3

MhoPower | 28 mai 2019

Was this something that came and went? I have a lat '16 MX with EAP and upgrade to FSD currently shows $6k. I seem to remember in being $3k at the time I purchased the car.

jjgunn | 29 mai 2019

MhoPower | May 28, 2019
Was this something that came and went?
--------------
Yes.

However, if you purchased EAP -- you already have some of the FSD features.

It shouldn't cost $6k to get the rest of the package. Work with Tesla as your situation is unique to current purchasers.

MhoPower | 30 mai 2019

Thanks jjgunn

fleitas | 1 août 2019

Purchased my Model X in March 2018 (last year), without EAP. Now I want to buy FSD, and hearing from Tesla that they can’t seem to figure out how to charge me and collect my money. Getting me the software/etc. is easy, they say. Just that they don’t have a way of charging me, and so I have to wait until they figure it out. Anyone else have this problem or have a solution? Trying to avoid the upcoming August 16th price hike.

mzero | 6 août 2019

Does anyone know if upgrading to FSD HW from 2017 X 75D HW2 with EAP also include the new MCU?

mzero | 6 août 2019

Actually what I’m more interested in is if by upgrading, will i be able to gain Dashcam feature? Thanks

mzero | 6 août 2019

I guess I found the answer to my own question and I’m a bit disappointed :(

https://teslatap.com/articles/autopilot-processors-and-hardware-mcu-hw-d...

Vawlkus | 7 août 2019

You are entitled to the new FSD hardware.

Dashcam is not as certain. Some say it will not, some say it will be available.

Personally I believe it will be available with the FSD hardware, but there’s no proof either way.

mzero | 8 août 2019

Yeah I was looking for any confirmations of Dashcam being included in this upgrade but we'll have to wait and see. At least that link I posted kinda dims my hope of gaining that feature. Since we already paid for EAP, for an extra $3K you get FSD including the HW3 upgrade, it seems worthy of the price.

endre | 9 août 2019

Is this price reduction available in Europe as well?

gjohnson427 | 9 août 2019

I just paid my $3k for FSD, but have not heard or seen anything other than an email about a software upgrade that will take an hour or so. That has not happened yet. I am also curious about the dash cam. Mine is a 17, made in August - one month before dash cam was supported. I hope that works too. We'll see. Are the service centers contacting about hardware upgrades? I'll give it a week and then start calling. Right now, same car as before the $3k.

pjalan | 11 août 2019

Shouldn't this be offered for FREE to old owners who purchased EAP given the recent and ongoing 10s of thousands in price reductions.

tymalmills3217 | 12 août 2019

Will our Model 3s last virtually indefinitely?I am wondering, in the past with traditional cars, they usually are good for 10-15 years or about 300,000 miles. The engine starts going bad and having many issues with various parts, such as transmission, fuel intake, battery, alternator, etc, etc.

After that time, we would typically sell the car and get a new one instead of repairing it every couple of months when something new goes bad.

With these Tesla’s, will we be able to keep them virtually forever? My understanding is that they require a new battery every 5-10 years and maybe the drive trains might need replacing or maintenance. Aside from that, what else can go wrong or wear to the point of it becoming an “old car” with a lot of issues?

Cleme124 | 12 août 2019

I have a 2018 model X, i don't have autopilot but i want to add it now. I can't find any way to actually order it. Anyone have simple directions on how to do that?

jimglas | 12 août 2019

call sales
they will take your monet immediately

jackwburton | 13 août 2019

I have tried to purchase this though chat, calls, and on my manage page. They tell me that I have to drive to Atlanta 7 hours each way to do it in person......completely ridiculous. I can by a car over the phone, but cant's spend $3k for something that doesn't exist yet....

rhow55 | 15 août 2019

Received an email stating EAP customers can upgrade to FSD for $3k. Called my St. Louis service center for questions and had to leave a voice mail message on Monday 9/12 since no one was available. Asked for a return call which did not happen. Called back on Wednesday 9/14 and again had to leave a message. No return call so drove to store and asked to speak with a manager, only to be told I can answer your questions, our service center is busy and we don't always get to the messages left in the voicemail. Would really like to purchase this option, but now wondering if worth the trouble since there is no one really available to answer questions. Do not want to drive to the store each time.

mzero | 16 août 2019

I was thinking about upgrading it but ultimately decided against it. My wife mostly drives the car I get to drive it when we have road trips and I’m happy with what EAP can offer. It feels like I’m paying 3k for nothing at the moment!