Forums

So, is the waiting list a thing of the past now?

So, is the waiting list a thing of the past now?

When I heard that they announced the $35,000 M3, I was surprised when I went to the website and saw the timeframe of 2-4 weeks. I thought to myself that there must be 50,000 to 100,000 still on the waiting list for the 35k M3. So, I thought for sure that the next day the timeframe would show much greater. It wasn't. Now, today, the timeframe still shows 2-4 weeks. Doesn't this mean-

1) There must not have been nearly as many people waiting for the 35K model 3 as I thought
2) There is no longer even a waiting list at all?

Teslanene | 6 mars 2019

There are a couple of threads on this topic. Check 35k delivery date.

priit | 6 mars 2019

They might get through the waiting lists in US in the next month or two, but the rest of the world still has plenty of waiting list left.

jake14mw | 6 mars 2019

It seems to me that if it is allowing people to put in orders now with a 2-4 week wait, then the waiting list can't be a month or two long. They have not ramped up production yet.

stevenmaifert | 6 mars 2019

OP - I think you are referring to the Reservation list. In the past, those on the reservation list were invited to configure and order via a link provided in an email from Tesla in advance of the configurator opening up for anyone who wanted to place an order. It now appears that anyone who wants any variant of the Model 3 can place an order, so yes, I would say that list is a thing of the past.

slingshot18 | 6 mars 2019

The reservation list stopped having any affect on delivery date a long time ago.

Shock | 6 mars 2019

Cancellations were obviously very high, but what's very surprising is that the delivery estimate still fails to take into account outstanding orders vs production capacity. There's obviously no way in the world anybody ordering today will be getting it in two weeks.

CharleyBC | 6 mars 2019

I assume the reservation list is still meaningful in countries where the Model 3 isn't shipping yet, especially those with RHD.

WantMY | 6 mars 2019

Apparently, no one is invited to configure in Europe or China, they just place order and wait for delivery. Is it a rocket science? There is no list and they never mention it for a long time now. It is possible, there is a few idiots who still did not request a refund. lol

Orthopod | 6 mars 2019

The only reason they wrote Within 2 weeks was to get all the orders locked in before the Model Y release on March 14th to avoid canibalizing sales if the Y. Now they will sell a 3 & Y.

I have a big frozen 10 foot igloo in my backyard made for the kids this winter exactly where I’m gonna park my Model 3. There is NO WAY I will receive my model 3 before that glacier has melt. I have a visual contact with the time going by.

JIMLUNTZ1 | 16 mars 2020

I ordered a Model 3, one engine, was all excited, waited and found out that the otherwise intelligent and helpful staff at my West Palm Beach Dealership had little if any control over delivery promises and could not promise ANYTHING AND EACH HAD A DIFFERENT STORY. WELL MEANING BUT NOT WELL INFORMED. i HAD TO SADLY CANCEL,. I THINK MR. MUSK IS A MODERN DAY LEONARDO OR EDISON (NOTE THE MR. HONORIFIC), OUR COUNTRY IS TREATING HIM SHABBILY (JEALOUSY). I JUST HOPE THAT HE DOES NOT FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF THE GENIUSES I CITED AND GO ELSEWHERE. SOMEONE PLEASE FORWARD MY COMMENTS TO HIM. MY NAME ABOVE IS CITED AND IS MY PAST ORDER NUMBER. IN CASE YOU NEVER STUDIED EDISONS CAREER, HE IS A RECOGNIZED LEGAL NATIONAL HERO IN ITALY. i WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO MR. MUSK.,

Uncle Paul | 16 mars 2020

Little waiting period for many that order just prior to a regional delivery surge. People still are waiting for longer times when they order just after a delivery surge.