Forums

Anyone have $35k version SR VIN yet? Delivery text?

Anyone have $35k version SR VIN yet? Delivery text?

I placed my M3 SR order right on Feb 28th 2019 after being a "day 7" reservation holder these past 3 years. Yes, I'm holding Elon to his $35k promise and that's the car I have ordered. Seems that most of you went for the "plus" upsell and have delivery dates already, which is understandable. Profit comes first.

My order estimate was/is delivery in 2-4 weeks of order date. I don't have a VIN and I haven't gotten the delivery text message yet. Yesterday was the start of week 2 (of 4), no movement and I'm getting nervous.

What do you think my chances are of getting the car within the promised window and have any $35k SR orders moved at all?

Artdept | 15 mars 2019

i think your chances are great. the production rate is more then they are selling.

RJMIII | 15 mars 2019

@Artdept - What do you base your statement on?

ianherrick | 15 mars 2019

I'm not certain that any SR models have been produced yet. I've only heard reports from SR+ owners. If correct, that would make the production rate 0.

Targetaddict | 15 mars 2019

I would call. I have had AMAZING customer service from Tesla, so far...I am sure someone can look into this for you.

FremontDave | 15 mars 2019

I got a text on 3/13 saying "We are nearing the completing of your MODEL 3".

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/sr-barebone-delivery-status

ianherrick | 15 mars 2019

Thanks, I just called. They checked for my VIN, no dice. They said as far as they knew they were only making SR+ at the moment with no word on when SR will go into production. I'm guessing my "Estimated Delivery: 2 - 4 weeks from order placed date" window will be yet another $35k delay disappointment from the overpromised and underdelivered car company.

David N | 15 mars 2019

“What do you think my chances are of getting the car within the promised window”.............50/50
and have any $35k SR orders moved at all?.........no way of knowing unless Tesla says so, or an owner receives one.