Forums

So, How long do I wait

So, How long do I wait

Was checking up on the status of my order and got this:

I’m so sorry but I wasn’t able to find anything on the ground at the moment that is close to your configuration. The production of our Model 3 is very unique in that we build cars in batches and it seems your configuration was very popular! Myself as well as XXXXXXXXX will be in touch when there is a clearer timeframe of when your Long range Rear wheel Model 3 will be on its way

OK, Frankly, I have a deadline for needing a new car. When I ordered, the web site said less than 2 weeks. I'll give them a bit more than that, but if it isn't here by May 1, guess what? I'll be looking for something else, even if it is a second choice, as I can't be without a car

Kary993 | 15 mars 2019

I wonder if their manufacturing capacity is used up the the short range M3's everyone has been clamoring to obtain? It seems unfortunate that they do not have more long range rear wheel drive cars but they are probably popular.

I would suggest, you might contact them and ask what cars are available and see if you can get upgraded as it were to something they do have for no additional cost to you. Just a thought.

Kathy Applebaum | 15 mars 2019

Can you only accept a single configuration? If you're flexible on any of the options (and it seems like you are, since you're willing to look at other cars), contact them. They are more than happy to see what's available and match you up.

charlie | 15 mars 2019

The only thing they have is either shorter range, or AWD, and at full cost, which frankly isn't in the budget. Like I said May 1st