Forums

Trunk won’t open

Trunk won’t open

This morning when I arrived at my work, I could not open the trunk. Neither remote nor manual attempt worked. I rebooted soft and hard. Nothing happened. Probably, due to this reason, I could not lock the doors as well. The service center is few miles away from me so I decided to go there. They checked it immediately and told me that the door lock actuator needs to be replaced. They provided $100 lyft credit so that I could go back to my work. Very nice service.
I hope to see my car back at the end of the day. By the way, I had received 2019.8.4 update this morning and installed it. I am not sure it has related to this problem, but release notes section was white blank. I am not sure what is in this update. My previous version was 2018.50.6.

2016 75D with 42,235 miles.

So far followings been serviced:
1- main screen has been changed due to yellow border at 35,000 miles. While charging a damage appears on my main dashboard so it will be replaced under warranty.
2- both trunk lift gate power shock struts been replaced at 20000 miles
3- tires had been replaced at 36,000 miles.
4- Rear brake lights had been replaced due to water condensation.
5- Right trim replaced between passenger doors due to broken clips.
6- floor carpets been replaced two times due to sliding over time.
7- front and right turn signal cameras had been replaced which caused auto pilot malfunction.

Thanks

teznbe16 | 2 avril 2019

I picked up my car this afternoon. The issue has been resolved. However, noticed two damages: one at front passenger seat; the leather has been deeply scratched and, two at trunk latch area; the plastic part around the latch has been chipped off badly. I am not sure technicians use some kind of protectors when work in or around the cars, but I emailed the service center about my disappointment.

RedJ | 3 avril 2019

Had the same issue with the trunk actuator. It’s a HW issue unrelated to firmware. The reason the car would not lock is because the trunk is partially unlatched so the car thinks it’s open preventing all the doors from locking.

TranzNDance | 27 juin 2019

This happened to me this morning. The first sign that something was wrong was that Summon would not work. I got into the car and saw that the trunk indicator was open, but the trunk was actually closed. I couldn't open the trunk. Did reboot, power off.

I drove to the SC and they said I'd need to wait for a mobile ranger to schedule an appointment to fix it.

Thanks for the heads-up that the doors don't lock. I enabled Sentry Mode, so I wonder if the alarm would go off if someone tried to open the door.

This was not the first time that the hatch door had issues. However, the issues were the hatch door failing to auto-close, and I had to push it down manually. Hopefully the fix will prevent future issues.