Forums

Autopilot upgrade pricing

Autopilot upgrade pricing

get delivery of M3 last month, now on autopilot trial. The price of autopilot upgrade was $2500 as of last Friday 4/12, changed to $3000 over the weekend. Anyone else experiencing this? what is the current price of upgrade now after all these changes? any suggestion on how to get the $2500 price back?

wiscy67 | 15 avril 2019

I saw the same $2500 and then $3000 for AP. FSD remains at $5500. I have about 45 days left for trial for each.

I wouldn't worry about the price swings. Evaluate through trial and pick a price you feel represents relative value. If the price is at or below that then pull trigger. For me AP needs to be at or below $2k. If not then I'll continue to enjoy driving my car using traditional cruise control after trial ends.

If you really want that $2500 then you should probably call and inquire if it's still possible.

sl7vk | 15 avril 2019

I'm in the exact same boat. 50 day remaining on trial.

I'd buy AP at 2k or less. Nothing above 2k though.

sanglee24 | 15 avril 2019

Same here, ap was $2500 for 1 day and now it’s $3k. Damnit! If it comes back down to $2500, I’m in.

TeslaEdison | 15 avril 2019

It will be at $2500 or less I believe. Now every Tesla in the future will have AP built-in. upgrade market will disappear. They will entice the rest of us without AP to convert sometime in the future.

tesla88919 | 15 avril 2019

So I am same boat. Trial started a few days ago. Price keeps changing. Now it says no upgrades are available.

mikeng6274 | 15 avril 2019

If you like the autopilot, don't let the price hold you back. I bought Tesla car because of AP including all other features; otherwise, I wouldn't have bought my car. I enjoy driving my Tesla 3.

M3phan | 15 avril 2019

It is what it is folks. Enjoy what you bought. I paid $5K last year for EAP, plus $2K last month for FSD. $7K total. Enjoying it all, and all to come.

ADinM3 | 16 avril 2019

@TeslaEdison, maybe yes, maybe no. If they never provide any FSD features that may be true. If they start dribbling out FSD improvements there would certainly be less incentive for them to drop price on AP since it is a prerequisite for FSD. Could also be a while in which case the lifetime of you being able to enjoy the feature will likewise be reduced.

Best strategy I think is to decide what it is worth to you and buy if it ever gets to that point like @sl7vk and @sanglee24.

ben | 16 avril 2019

Just wondering how much resources spent on price change? marketing team must have meeting everyday to discuss new price.

JayKay3 | 16 avril 2019

Strange...I have EAP as a day one reservation holder and now see on the MyTesla page it would cost me $5K to order the FSD upgrade. I wonder what these options will do to the trade or resale value in say, two years? Elon seems to think the M3 will appreciate instead of depreciate. Seriously?

elecfan2 | 16 avril 2019

I paid $5000 at the time of purchase for FSD and was told that it would cost more later so I should buy now, so I coughed up the money. Why are you entitled to get it cheaper?

thedrisin | 17 avril 2019

@ewd7. As pointed out several times by the fanbois, prices change all the time, may be less than you paid. After all, some people might not be able to afford it at that price. EM lowered it before for that reason.

sl7vk | 17 avril 2019

Ewd7
Not entitled to get it cheaper, but entitled to not buy if I don’t see value at a certain price point.

JarvisM3 | 17 avril 2019

My FSD option is $7,000.

JayKay3 | 17 avril 2019

JarvisM3: Is that $7K in addition to the $5K you previously paid for EAP?