Forums

12V Power Reduced, Vehicle May Shut Down unexpectedly

12V Power Reduced, Vehicle May Shut Down unexpectedly

All of a sudden, this Notification pops up along with Car needs service and Car may not restart.

Reboots didn't help!

So called Tesla Roadside Assistance and they've towed away the car to a service center.

I miss my model 3 already. Anyone have any ideas what may be wrong?

2019.16.2 downloaded yesterday...

Lorenzryanc | 31 mai 2019

Sounds like your 12v battery is dead. That battery runs everything but the drivetrain pretty much. Could just be a bad battery, but likely something with the charging system for that battery. The big battery charges the small one, small one runs most of your stuff. It shouldn't be a difficult fix and it has happened on occasion w/ these cars according to the forum. Hopefully you get it back soon.

Keep us updated when you get a solution!

synfendia | 31 mai 2019

It could be the grounding bolt that has come loose. A few of us have had that issue, which causes the main battery not to keep the 12v battery charged.
Here is my experience:
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/270mi-still-left-battery-car-compl...

rajivrag | 31 mai 2019

Thanks guys. I will let you know once I hear back. It's waiting to get into shop.

blackiesdad | 31 mai 2019

I had that message. After I stopped the car, it would not go into drive again - then things got worse. I ended up getting the car towed. The root problem turned out to be a bad high voltage controller board.

jwitkin | 6 juin 2019

Same situation exactly 2d ago. I need a new drive train...

rajivrag | 6 juin 2019

Yes, that's the diagnosis I received today. The car needs a new rear drive unit and fuse. It's scary.

viharri.plv | 21 juillet 2019

I also faced the similar issue on 20/July/2019 yet to know the reason. Wasn't able to start the car after I got that message. Had to tow my car to service center.

CaliforniaMaki808 | 22 juillet 2019

I just got those messages today (July 22, 2019). How long will it take for them to fix it?

brownteeth | 25 juillet 2019

We had the same issue 1 day after getting it home. They said it was a loose wire going to the 12v battery

CaliforniaMaki808 | 26 juillet 2019

These are the parts Tesla will need to replace to fix this problem...5 days later and they called me at 4pm (Friday Jul26) to let me know my car is ready for pickup. They close at 6pm; website says they are closed on weekend but the invoice says they are open on Sat and Sun. Called them and left them a message at 4:30pm but they never picked up the phone so it'll be another day for me to pick the car up. Hopefully they will pick up tomorrow morning (it's Saturday Jul 27).

ASY,3DUR,MOSFET-HC(1120980-00-F)
ASY,CABLE,RDU GND STRAP,M3(1070979-00-F)
DISCONNECT,BATTERY,PYRO(1064689-00-I)

I wonder how much these parts are.