Forums

Crash prevention vs lessening crash

Crash prevention vs lessening crash

One of the things I don't fully understand is why Tesla doesn't have full crash prevention software unlike many of the new cars and instead offers to lessen the impact, I would prefer not to have an accident over having one but with less impact, would someone explain the reason for this?

TeslaTap.com | 22 juillet 2019

Actually if you look at the manuals for these non-Tesla cars, you'll likely find in the fine print that AEB is not assured to work in every case. Tesla is just being a bit more honest and upfront about how it really works to set expectations correctly.

Now there are some cars that have a bit better AEB than Tesla, and some that are worse. Here's a real-world comparison test of four cars that may be helpful to understand it more: https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a24511826/safety-features-automati...

In addition, Tesla is the only one that can get better over time with OTA updates. The others are never going to get better.

USCRXDR | 23 juillet 2019

Thanks TeslaTap, this is a very good explanation of how AEB works, if you read my last reply to you,I DON"T HATE TESLA!