Forums

Aggressive Truck Drivers

Aggressive Truck Drivers

I have noticed constant hostility from F-150 drivers. I drove from Palms Springs to LA today and was constantly tailgated and cut off by them. Today, I had one in front of me, one tailgating me and another to the right of me. I was surrounded.

howard | 11 août 2019

He can't stop any more than Trump can.

lunde | 11 août 2019

Bring it on.

carlk | 11 août 2019

A Ford truck was tailgating me on a two lane road. He would be of no match to my S if not that wife was in the car. I just let it pass me over the double yellow line.

Tronguy | 11 août 2019

The day Tesla comes out with an F150 killer (better specs, cheaper cost) the big three (well, it's two and a half these days) are going to go absolutely nuts. What you're seeing now is the early harbinger of that, fed by knuckle-draggers who live in an oil-fueled echo box.
I drive a Prius when the SO's got the car (well, it's hers, anyway), and I remember the days when some US automaker ran anti-hybrid ads extolling how wonderful their full ICE cars were. The car in question that they were comparing to was a Honda Insight, which didn't have the pickup of a Prius, but looks about the same. For months during and after that ad, I was cut off and aggressively driven against by random ICEs. Not all the time, and pehaps not as obvious, but it was clearly worse than when I had been driving my previous car, a Civic.
That seems all to have died down these days, but it's clear the Tesla is a target.
I mean: Coal-rolling a Tesla?

cascadiadesign | 11 août 2019

Don't know if Elon's tweet had any effect, but I have noticed the bad driving trend starting several years ago among many pickup truck drivers. At first it was the guys with raised beater trucks, smokey exhaust, and flags waving off the bed. Now the bad driving trend has migrated to many new truck owners who like to tailgate and cut-off every chance they have. TeslaCAM is always on in case I need it.

lilbean | 11 août 2019

I have notified this behavior for a while now also. Before it was an occasional truck. Now it seems like all of them.

raqball | 11 août 2019

People are just becoming more and more rude these days. I don't think that it's confined to Ford F150 drivers. We see it on the roadways, in public and online.. Sadly the behavior is becoming acceptable and mainstream..

I honestly get see aggressive driving from muscle car drivers than trucks...

Magic 8 Ball | 11 août 2019

Do they attack and then cry and run when attacked?

jjgunn | 11 août 2019

A Corvette going about 30 MPH stomped on it next to me while driving the P3D. As soon as I had the chance I pulled up next to him & stomped on it.

Next stop light, me laughing, I looked over & gave a tip of my cap to him. He smiled. It was all good natured fun.

I wish everyone would be like that.

bp | 11 août 2019

The Patriot Perspective might eventually help with that.

https://youtu.be/MiDWgh7jhTE

coleAK | 11 août 2019

Yep it’s the whole American way of thinking “I can do whatever I want, l am the most important thing and the world revolves around me, I, I, I, Me, Me, Me, ...”.

raqball | 11 août 2019

coleAK | August 11, 2019
Yep it’s the whole American way of thinking “I can do whatever I want, l am the most important thing and the world revolves around me, I, I, I, Me, Me, Me, ...”.
-----------------------
Are there some people targeting Tesla's? Maybe.. Are most incidents just because one driver is rude and aggressive? Yup...

I was cut off my an X the other day. Did he do it on purpose because he does not like the M3? Meh....

Every car brand has loyalists, every car brand has over the top owners and every car brand has aggressive, rude and obtuse people behind the wheel...

I hight doubt F150 drivers are targeting Tesla's because of Musks's tweet.. I could be wrong so I'll wait for @Tronguy to post up some factual data that shows they are.. When that happens, I'll admit I was wrong... :)

calvin940 | 11 août 2019

These are the same type of people that block chargers with their vehicles. They have the brain cells equivalent to a piece of lettuce. They are the ones that will happily dump tonnes of shit into the atmosphere with no care. They are happy to roll coal at people because they are halfwits.

I am sure that someone they know that can read probably told them of the tweet but it honestly wouldn't matter. Can't teach dirt.

lbowroom | 11 août 2019

Factual data about how many F150 drivers cut off teslas. How would one collect such data?

You chime in at the oddest times with the oddest statements. What’s the purpose of sticking up for ADP what’s the purpose of sticking up for bad F150 drivers?

raqball | 11 août 2019

lbowroom | August 11, 2019
Factual data about how many F150 drivers cut off teslas. How would one collect such data?

You chime in at the oddest times with the oddest statements. What’s the purpose of sticking up for ADP what’s the purpose of sticking up for bad F150 drivers?
----------------------
You have to ask @Tronguy who said my statement was kabuki and said this: "but I'd like some hard facts and a study, please."

If he wants hard data and studies then he can provide them that show F150 drivers are targeting Tesla's because of Elon's tweet...

I am still waiting for him to provide that BTW..... :)

lbowroom | 11 août 2019

All this sidestepping and distortion, it can’t be good for the psyche. Wouldn’t it feel good to drop the pretense? We all know anyway, what’s the point?

dmanincali | 11 août 2019

I love my Teslas and all but I think this might be going over the top. There's are a lot of aggressive/bad drivers out there and so it could be total coincidence. I highly doubt a hardcore F-150/truck guy is even paying attention to Elon's tweets and reacting to them in this way to begin with.

raqball | 11 août 2019

dmanincali | August 11, 2019
I love my Teslas and all but I think this might be going over the top. There's are a lot of aggressive/bad drivers out there and so it could be total coincidence. I highly doubt a hardcore F-150/truck guy is even paying attention to Elon's tweets and reacting to them in this way to begin with.
------------------------
My thoughts as well.... I'd be curious if other EV's get the same treatment which I assume they do.. Could be some just don't like EV's period and Tesla's get the brunt because there are far more of them.....

FISHEV | 11 août 2019

I doubt 99% of the F-150 drivers know about Elon's Tweet much less care about it. Their attendance at the Church of Elon is thin. The behavior of the F-150 drivers was probably the same this week as last though members of the congregation might have been viewing things from a new perspective after Elon's last sermon...err...Tweet.

It would be interesting to see some actual market data on how many F-150 drivers would consider an EV pickup.

lilbean | 11 août 2019

Fine I'll change the title. Sheesh!

Bighorn | 11 août 2019

It was an F-250 driver who made a show of parking at the supercharger yesterday.

lilbean | 11 août 2019

@Big Which supercharger was it?

apodbdrs | 11 août 2019

It isn't just F150 drivers, I have had it happen with other pickup truck drivers, when I was on my Model 3. I am just waiting to get some good video with their license plate and providing it to the police. By the way, I own an F150 and can't with till the TESLA pickup comes out, and bye bye F150 gas guzzler. I use my F150 for work at home and golfing.

lilbean | 11 août 2019

I think that's the problem with ICE vehicles. The toxic fumes get to people. Any feelings of road rage went away when I switched to Tesla.

gballant4570 | 11 août 2019

Its so easy to leave them all behind..... gives a Tesla driver a lighthearted feeling. I cannot wait for the Tesla Truck as well.....my old Chevrolet is no fun any more.

rxlawdude | 11 août 2019

Actually, the RAM pickup drivers seem to, on a per capita basis, be the biggest douchebags.

St☰v☰ | 11 août 2019

coleAK | August 11, 2019
__________________________________________________________________________________________

It's just not F150's, seems the bigger the truck, the higher the truck, the more rude they are, and why? Well, I can't recall the last time I seen ANY law enforcement officer stop a car for running a red-light, blowing through a stop sign, or doing over 65 on any SoCal freeway. So essentially people drive like they're spoiled brats, because they are. If nobody stops them and punishes them for breaking the law, well they're going to keep doing it and worse and BTW, people are doing worse. It's like raising your kids.. oh wait, your can't punish them either, they'll cite you with child abuse. See there's no end, we're on a downward spiral and won't stop until, well, let's just say it will stop someday, just not today.

cascadiadesign | 11 août 2019

"... If nobody stops them and punishes them for breaking the law, well they're going to keep doing it and worse "

Yep. Two days ago a fairly new pickup was ahead of me - jacked up so high the wheels were almost fully exposed. No mud flaps. Then I heard a small piece of gravel hit my Model 3 roof - fortunately no damage. I really wanted to punch it and drive past, but I pulled over instead. Why the cops give guys like that a free pass is beyond me.

Bighorn | 11 août 2019

@lil
Cape May. A couple other reports of pickups here meant to intimidate. I drive an F350–if these p* in their half tons only knew.

Bighorn | 11 août 2019

Wildwood had “truck week” earlier in the summer which I was here for. They aren’t being invited back for their poor behavior.

Evie3 | 11 août 2019

100%, i’m relieved others feel the same but wish they wouldn’t do this to anybody... don’t need unnecessary anxiety in the comfort of my Tesla :/

lilbean | 11 août 2019

I gues these pickup truck drivers can't stand to see the electric car in front of them. They like to pick on the little cars. I don't see this behavior when I'm in the X.

vmulla | 11 août 2019

@lilbean,
There are some good ones. My cousin has a F150 and a MR 3. He needs a truck for his work in construction.
Anyway, was your observation for F150 or just any pickup?
I shared my own unpleasant experience on this forum: https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/i-got-finger

avanti5010 | 11 août 2019

coleAK is right! The US is in the midst of a giant ME Generation tirade.

Participation trophies for everyone! Go me!

kevin_rf | 11 août 2019

At least on the east coast, don't think the thought process is refined enough to Target Tesla's, but they do drive like douche bags.

https://youtu.be/LUKSKDzhH9E

lilbean | 11 août 2019

Good points, everyone. I've noticed poor behavior by pickup truck drivers in general as well as semi truck drivers.

Kings of the road.

vmulla | 11 août 2019

@lilbean,
Semis? Really? Didn't see that yet, and not looking forward to it :(

swanson21 | 11 août 2019

I drive a loud Nissan dual pipe Titan once every couple weeks as it's my 2nd vehicle, I much prefer my M3 but when I'm driving the Titan I make sure to be polite to all drivers, but if I'm in a mood or someone pisses me off while driving, I'll let it rumble for sure...just being honest...I mean, if you wear a Arnold Shwartzenegger costume during Halloween, don't you have to play the part a bit for shits n giggles!?

lilbean | 11 août 2019

@vmulla I've encountered aggressive semi truck drivers on the 210 freeway in CA.

ST70 | 11 août 2019

@Bighorn- Ha! love the F350 comment!

LostInTx | 12 août 2019

Haven't really seen aggressive pickup trucks in Houston. My completely unscientific observation tells me that about 70% of all vehicles on Houston roads are either pickups or SUV's Given that, I sure hope the hostility doesn't start.

tanya | 12 août 2019

I'm an aggressive driver regardless of what I am driving. M3 did not make me a better driver; I still cut in and out of traffic. I just have no patience for slow drivers. I have a good experience with semis; they seem to be quite friendly to my M3, which was surprising.

Earl and Nagin ... | 12 août 2019

@swanson21,
Schwartzenegger was/is a huge proponent of Tesla. He brokered the purchase of the NUMMI plant in Fremont. He was the first one to get a test ride in the Roadster and the Model S at their respective rollout ceremonies.
Sure, he blew it with his Hummer obsession but he came around fairly quickly.

cascadiadesign | 12 août 2019

A barely disguised Arnold Schwartzenegger promotes ICE cars ...

https://insideevs.com/news/356776/video-arnold-schwarzenegger-car-salesman/

FISHEV | 12 août 2019

This is as amusing as listening to the F-150 drivers talk about the Prius and Tesla drivers going slow in left lane etc. There's a nutcase population in each demographic that spins up wild and crazy stereotypes of the other car owners.

Magic 8 Ball | 12 août 2019

Howard Kleiner is not promoting ICE cars, did you watch the piece? It is hilarious and they ran here on TV for quite some time.

KAM6 | 12 août 2019

I have not experienced this.

raqball | 12 août 2019

kamitchell | August 12, 2019
I have not experienced this.
--------------------
I'ver not either.. I see more aggressive driving from muscle cars and European luxury car drivers.... I had an Audi before and that held the same for it as well...

I've only had my M3 for 7 weeks but I've not experienced any road rage from other drivers that I can attribute to Tesla hate...

Pages