Forums

Tesla Customer Service

Tesla Customer Service

The energy department has the WORST customer service I have ever had to deal with & this is saying a lot if you ever had to deal with AT&T. They never return calls & if you are lucky enough to actually talk to someone they tell you lies.
My solar was down for 6mo could not get a date on when it would be up again until I called 7 on your side & filed a complaint with the Better business Bureau, then I became a priority. I am now in their records as a hostile customer,
which I am not if I can just get answers & treated with a little respect. I also have a Tesla car & they have the BEST customer service I have ever had to deal with, they need to train the Energy People.

gerryroache | 22 août 2019

You were able to actually. speak to a person? That's a miracle.

gregbrew | 23 août 2019

I called Tesla Energy Customer Support at about 9:30AM PDT last Wednesday. I got right through with zero hold time. The first-line tech support person was quite knowledgeable, and she polled my Powerwalls to see what they had to say . My issue was resolved in about ten minutes.

I've got nothing but good things to say about Tesla Customer support, and I've contacted them three times in four years. I'm in So. CA.

Tesla-David | 23 août 2019

I would like to add to what @gregbrew summarized, as my experiences with Tesla Energy support have also been very good. We had our PW2's installed 14 months ago and have been thrilled by the support I have had when I had questions. I live in Edmonds, WA.

tmlwts | 23 août 2019

I do not have the powerwall just the solar panels & like I said it took 6mo for them to repair it and I believe that if I had not had 7 on your side contact them I would probably still be waiting. I live is central CA.

moran_cookie | 24 août 2019

I don't have a smart phone. All I have is a desktop. There is no Tesla App for desktop users. So after 2 years of monitoring my service on MySolarCity, I now have NOTHING! One of the reps at Tesla said that it was up to Apple to provide the app, not Tesla. Right. So now I have to go and purchase a smart phone to get the Tesla App? Whose bright idea was it to cut off customers on desktops? I feel like Tesla should provide us with smart phones if that's the only way we can continue to monitor our systems. I'm not getting the service I signed up for.

Tesla-David | 27 août 2019

@moran_cookie, do you have an IPAD? If you have Samsung Tablet or Apple IPAD you can download Tesla app and monitor your system there. Works great for us.

mikemillar | 27 août 2019

I just had a Powerwall 2 installed (in the UK). There was a problem with Time based control not showing after a few days waiting. After what I had heard about Tesla Energy Support (I also have a Model S and have had excellent support) I was dreading trying to contact them. I have to say that Tesla Energy support (UK) was excellent. They answered the call immediately and, despite the nice lady saying the Gateway 2 was a bit new to them, they sorted out the problem within an hour and called me back twice during that period. Problem-set to the wrong time zone during commissioning.

It sounds like the real problem is with Tesla ex Solar City solar panel installations.

Tesla-David | 27 août 2019

Thanks @mikemillar for the positive report on your recent experience with Tesla-Energy, which mirrors my own experience in Edmonds, WA. We had our 2-PW2 installation 14 months ago, and I am a very satisfied customer. I think Tesla-Energy is working hard to clear up their earlier issues with Customer Support.

3Gs | 28 août 2019

Tesla expedited my order last December and installed 24 panels on Dec 28 2018 which was great for 2018 tax credits.Late that afternoon, I got a VM from the supervisor that the install was complete but they have to return in a couple days to replace broken roof tiles. I left for a trip the following day and assumed everything was handy dandy. The panels are on the side of my house that I do not normally see as it is right next to our community's exit only gate. 2 months later as me and my wife were just cruising in the neighborhood, my wife saw a big hole on our roof, I'd say about 3' x 5'. Apparently, they never came back to replace the tiles!! This was a Saturday and there were heavy rain forecast in our area of Nevada. I called the sales rep who then referred me to customer service where I encountered the rudest, insensitive and most condascending person in customer service. I was forced to stoop down to his level and had to cuss the hell out of him. I didn't file a complaint against this guy as I didn't think he deserved any more of my time. Karma will take care of him. They could not send their roof contractor out until the following Monday. It rained that night as forecasted and fortunately, my house is brand new and the sheeting held up. We were so stressed tho.

So roofers came and replaced the tiles. One worker dropped a tool onto the windshield of my 3 and cracked it along with a dent in the hood. Talking about Tesla mishaps!

chrisjones | 2 septembre 2019

My AP is stuck on Tesla Power wall and I cannot get it to swipe to the car screen. Anyone else had this issue.

chrisjones | 2 septembre 2019

APP

chelanevans | 4 septembre 2019

Can someone please tell me what number to call for customer service?
I can't seem to get a real person. Our system was turned on in February and doesn't seem to be performing as it should.
Not only that but our Sales Rep Jeremiah Blackburn has ghosted us. We never got any paperwork for the NV Energy rebate or tax forms to get the refund. He wont return our calls or emails. Not only that, we have no contact information to call to get support if we need it.
Totally disappointed.

gregbrew | 4 septembre 2019

You'll probably need to go to the NV Energy, state tax and federal tax sites yourself to get the forms. SC/Tesla has provided them as a courtesy in the past, but they're easy to get yourself. Like most salespeople, Jeremiah probably moved on to new prospects the instant you signed a contract with Tesla. After sales service is someone else's problem.

Try 888-765-2489. I found it quickly by doing a search on "tesla energy customer service phone number".

Google is your friend...

mcdonalk | 4 septembre 2019

We have had a Tesla 7.6kW/dual Powerwall 2 system in operation for about 1.5 years. I have seldom needed to contact Customer Service, but when I have, I have had no problem, and service has been excellent.

The last time I called, though (several weeks ago), an automated message said that the wait was 20 minutes, and if I left my phone number, someone would return my call. I did just that, and just about 20 minutes later, they called me and answered my question.

I don't know what to make of the negative reports. Either I have been fortunate, or others are not contacting Customer Service correctly.

bcmusik | 4 septembre 2019

My experience with Tesla Energy customer service has been excellent so far. It's tough to believe some of the complaints i'm reading.

Tesla-David | 4 septembre 2019

Excellent service here as well. We had our 2 PW2 installation in June 2018, and Tesla-Energy has always been responsive to all my questions.

sqdancer48 | 27 septembre 2019

To those of you that can't believe the poor customer service in the posts before, I have to assume you are a new customer. I, however, have been a customer since 2013 and my solar system has not been working since Oct 2018. I was notified in Feb 2019 of this after I called because I kept getting emails saying my system had lost contact with theirs. I am on a lease contract which means my system will be repaired for free. Here it is almost a year later now and no repair has been made but they are still taking my lease payments out of my account. They tell me about every 2 months when I call that the panel manufacturer is having a problem making all the new panels. Because you see there are many, many more in my position of having defective panels. So talk about poor customer service, this is it to the max. Last time I called in July I was told a panel shipment was coming in shortly and that I might be in that installation queue. Guess what, nothing since then. .

gregbrew | 29 septembre 2019

I wouldn't call a customer "new" that has had SC PV since 2015. (That would be me.)

Perhaps a sternly-worded letter on a law-firm's letterhead would get their attention? Send it certified letter, return-receipt required.

fdutch55 | 29 septembre 2019

How in the hell does one pay his energy bill? The worst web site out there!

chill210 | 30 septembre 2019

How long should i be waiting for someone to contact me about installing a powerwall