Forums

Unreleased self driving Tesla

Unreleased self driving Tesla

Hi fellow Model 3 owners. I just saw this great video on YouTube showing the unreleased self driving Tesla. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/BJxO-MSOUdc

gmr6415 | 1 septembre 2019

You should edit your title line. It's very misleading.

hamiltonned | 1 septembre 2019

Don't owners in EAP have a NDA which prevents them from talking about the Early Access features?

jamilworm | 1 septembre 2019

It does look like it has improved from past videos. But it still cranks the steering wheel around while stopped which is bad for the tires, and it still loves to drive on the left side of the lane which will screw up traffic flow if there is any oncoming traffic.

I'd say it's still in the parlor trick category but close to becoming a usable feature.

jamilworm | 1 septembre 2019

@Hamiltonned - she mentioned that it wasnt her car and they had limited time to shoot the video, so maybe there's some loophole where the owner cant talk about early access stuff but they can still loan their car to someone who isnt bound by an NDA.

jefjes | 1 septembre 2019

Demonstrating a feature for friends and family or even other Tesla owners shouldn't be an NDA violation. If someone were using the feature as intended and someone else starts videoing and posting that, how can that be prevented so what is the difference? Is the Eary Access user supposed to make sure to only use the feature where no one else could possibly be present? That seems highly unlikely and everyone with it will probably be in violation if that's the case.

vmulla | 1 septembre 2019

This a cool capability in the FSD feature set, I'd probably use it only to impress others. I can't see myself having much practical use for it.

I hope someone does a video of a FSD early access car reacting to stop lights, signs. I think that video might convince folks who are on the fence about FSD.

M3phan | 1 septembre 2019

Yes, please edit title, several in EarlyAccess program are testing this… It’s not an unreleased anything, it’s an early release to testers.

Perhaps “Video of latest Enhanced Summon beta”

charles.a.braun | 1 septembre 2019

I think you should change the subject to "Worlds most annoying YouTube demos advanced summon"

charles.a.braun | 1 septembre 2019

^YouTube "personality" demos^

Hahahahahahahaha

I can handle her videos sometimes. Other times, yeah, not so much.

Bighorn | 1 septembre 2019

This is the sort of thing that gets you kicked out of EAP.

EAPme | 1 septembre 2019

Summon is about as useful to me as Autopark. Neat when you are in the mood for some whizbang with friends or family. Looking forward to Enhanced Summon whenever it's released to the rest of us.

Off topic:
I know I'm in the minority, but I can't stand any of her videos. Can't put my finger on it, but I find her annoying and pretentious. There is one other Tesla youtuber who's a gasbag who's got her beat though.. I won't mention his name.. Like nails on a chalkboard.

Whdame | 1 septembre 2019

@M3phan- *face palm*.

She makes a little money off her videos because she has a snitch friend with our beta software. Free hint, the fourth version has been out since mid-july so this isn't that new either.

lilbean | 1 septembre 2019

Same here, @EAPme. 100% both gasbags. Hahaha!

Maybe “sparkbags”...

hokiegir1 | 1 septembre 2019

I thought I was the only one who wasn't a fan of hers....and she's relatively local to me, so I avoid some of the meetups because of it.

Anyway...it's for sure not her car, so not her EAP on the line.

Bighorn | 1 septembre 2019

Can’t stand self-interested vloggers, but I guess YouTube star is the most common aspiration amongst the teenage crowd. I guess if you can make $22M a year as a 7 yo toy reviewer, medicine and law suddenly seem like a lot of work:)

vmulla | 1 septembre 2019

It's nice to see others feel the same way I do about liketesla videos. Like @EAPme said, I can't put my finger on what really irks me about those videos.