Forums

Battery after 16 months

Battery after 16 months

Took delivery 6/2018. 100D fully charged at this point tops out at 280 miles.

About 18k on odometer. Must of time I charge to about 60%.

Previous MS P85D after 3 years, 45k miles topped out at about 245 miles.

Should I be concerned? Thanks.

TeslaTap.com | 29 octobre 2019

It sounds a bit low to me. Original should be 325, and I'd expect maybe 2-3% degradation. That would put it around 315 miles.

Did you actually charge to 100%? Using a lower value and interpreting will be inaccurate. Did you check the SOC when it reaches 100%, or did you wait 6-8 hours? With Sentry mode, you might lose 1-2 miles/hour. Other options may also have lowered the SOC over time, such as preconditioning. Worse case would be if you left a door slightly ajar, such that the HVAC was running.

You can ask Tesla service to run a remote check as well.

Ddowns2050 | 29 octobre 2019

A 2018 X would only charge to about 295 When new. The 325 is for the new Raven. I have one almost the exact mileage and age. I charge to 90% and still charge to 294 miles at 100%.

On a previous MS I charged to less than 90% and my range slowly declined. I started charging to 90% and the range increased. I think charging to a lower percentage throws off the calculations.

Tesra5115 | 29 octobre 2019

Thanks. 295 was the expected full charge when I took delivery but I took some early road trips and noticed I never saw that when I topped off. Took my X in for some noises a couples of times within the first year and told service but it was never addressed. @TeslaTap, I actually don’t recall ever seeing it past 290 and I definitely let it fully charge because I would get notified that the charge was completed. I’ll take both of the suggestions (remote check and start charging to 90%) and see what happens. I tried to post once before but I never saw the post. Since I live in the Bay Area and we are dealing with pge outages, it reminded me to repost since tesla recommends topping off.

Thanks. 295 was the expected full charge when I took delivery but I took some early road trips and noticed I never saw that when I topped off. Took my X in for some noises a couples of times within the first year and told service but it was never addressed. @TeslaTap, I actually don’t recall ever seeing it past 290 and I definitely let it fully charge because I would get notified that the charge was completed. I’ll take both of the suggestions (remote check and start charging to 90%) and see what happens. I tried to post once before but I never saw the post. Since I live in the Bay Area and we are dealing with pge outages, it reminded me to repost since tesla recommends topping off.

Dang...sorry I clicked saved twice.

Ddowns2050 | 29 octobre 2019

Just for reference we have 2 MX's one the same age and mileage as the OP and a new one that I bought in June now with 7k miles on it. The newer one has never charged past 292. So the older one still charge to higher miles than the new one. The old one charges to 264-265 at 90% the new one charges to 259-260 at 90%.

dkathrina323 | 30 octobre 2019

I think it's not bad. The actual one is more than this, but still, it looks good. Thanks for the information you have shared about the battery of Tesla Model X. https://hostsailorservices.com/hostsailor-com-services/ Everything related to the model is clearly explained here.

TeslaTap.com | 30 octobre 2019

Sorry about the milage - yep 295 miles is right for 100% SOC on a 2018 X. I should know better :)

At a 3% loss, I'd expect something in the 286-mile area, but 5% is not unheard of (280 miles). This is especially true if you didn't recalibrate the range by dropping to under 20% SOC and charging to 100% and checking the range about 1 hour after getting to 100%. Doesn't sounds like 280 is anything to worry about.

I tend to see a larger degradation in the first year, and then it is fairly slow after that - maybe 1% per year.

TeslaTap.com | 30 octobre 2019

Also that 3% or so is for an average of 12K miles a year of driving. Sounds like you are driving a bit more than that, so it could explain the slightly higher loss.

Tesra5115 | 30 octobre 2019

Spoke to service and at least remotely, they said all looks fine. Person I spoke to still suggested I take it into a service center.

I’ll update later. Thanks for all the feedback.

mickeymouse | 1 novembre 2019