Forums

Model Y or Pickup

Model Y or Pickup

Assuming the Range for LR RWD Model Y of 300 Miles or 285 for AWD. If the Base model of the Pickup is rumored to be around 300 miles with a Starting price of like 49,999 (as claimed under 50K) would you prefer the Pickup for Model Y? For me it will likely come down to if the Pickup has a Rear seating option for my two dogs.

SamO | 31 octobre 2019

Pickup

lilbean | 31 octobre 2019

Pickup

jlhm | 31 octobre 2019

Pickup.

NKYTA | 31 octobre 2019

Used Roadster II, just off the lot!

carlk | 31 octobre 2019

The pickup will be a beast.

ckcland2 | 1 novembre 2019

Definitely the pickup

andy.connor.e | 1 novembre 2019

pickup

TabascoGuy | 1 novembre 2019

Pickup

SamO | 1 novembre 2019

Wow. People really want trucks.

Maxxer | 1 novembre 2019

Need 7 seater

andy.connor.e | 1 novembre 2019

Definitely rather have a Tesla truck than Model Y. But we will see!!!

TranzNDance | 1 novembre 2019

Probably the pickup if it could fit our parking space.

Aridala | 1 novembre 2019

Pickup, most assuredly, but I do love my Model 3.

PrescottRichard | 1 novembre 2019

Wow, that’s a lot of pressure on the truck to live up to!

Tesla2018 | 1 novembre 2019

I dont like pickups or SuVs but would go for a model Y since if I needed to buy a biunch of stuff it would be covered. Wish the model3 was a hatchback like my old car. Bought a microwave and it wouldnt fit in the trunk Rarely need to buy things that are so big that I would need a pickup. I would by a pickup if I had a boat with a trailer because it probably could tow more and would be up higher so the back wouldnt be underwater when trying to back up at a boat ramp.

rob | 2 novembre 2019

Pickup.

@Maxxer "Need 7 seater"
They can sit in the back.

nwfan | 2 novembre 2019

Pickup

Wilber | 2 novembre 2019

I would vote for the pickup truck if it was available now. What i have done in the meantime is buy a 2014 MS for $38K that i will treat like a pickup truck!

sosmerc | 2 novembre 2019

I don't see how anyone can answer this question until we actually see what the specs are for the truck vs. the model Y.
We all have different needs as well, so Tesla needs to produce both the Truck and the Y. They are probably both going to be big winners!

cyberrider77 | 3 novembre 2019

PickUp if has enough range to tow a travel trailer and charging without disconnecting the trailer is available.

bp | 3 novembre 2019

Pickup could have much more range than 300 miles, if the intent is for it to haul like ICE pickups.

Musk has indicated there could be an option for 400-500 miles of range and be better than a Ford F150...

Should know in a few weeks...

Tesla2018 | 3 novembre 2019

Now if they could make a trailer for the pickup that had batteries built in between the frame rails that could increase range...

TranzNDance | 3 novembre 2019

Travel trailer sounds like a great idea to tide me over until self-driving RVs are available. I'm pretty sure I've seen a Model X charging with a trailer in a pull through spot.

andy.connor.e | 4 novembre 2019

Its amazing to me that people are allowed to say things like this for people to listen to. They are comparing Tesla with a company who has produced zero. They are being critical of the joke rendering image from the Semi unveil event. People cant actually take this stuff seriously right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXM0DhHZsgE

TeslaTap.com | 4 novembre 2019

@andy - They need to fill air time, and critical thinking is not required.

BlufftonBob | 5 novembre 2019

One more vote for a pickup.

rglossin | 6 novembre 2019

“Cybertruck unveil on Nov 21 in LA near SpaceX rocket factory,”

Ocala.Joe | 6 novembre 2019

Cyber Punk Truck!

Ross1 | 6 novembre 2019

The survey is skewed because ..

marym23 | 8 novembre 2019

I just say a Model Y in the wild yesterday. It was on 5th Avenue in NYC. It was the midnight silver with chrome delete. I wasn’t sure it was a Y but walk up to it to really inspect it. It looks so much like my Model 3 but a bit taller. The front looks the same but it has a spoiler like on the Model X on the back. I walked around it several times because I couldn’t figure out why they’d have one clear across the country. But it definitely was a Model Y, dual motor badging on the back. I would have taken a picture to post but my phone battery was almost completely dead and I had to save what little power I had left to navigate my way home later. Bottom line is they are a really nice looking unit larger than the Model 3 but not so large that you can’t maneuver in City traffic.

Varricks | 9 novembre 2019

Pickups are for loads that are too tall or too smelly to fit in a Y.

I want a re-birth of the Studebaker Wagonaire.

jordanrichard | 9 novembre 2019

Marym23, that’s interesting. As you said, why would they bring one all the way to NYC. What is different about NYC that they needed to test. If it’s cold weather, they could have done that in MI, ND, SD or any other northern state close to CA.

They probably did it to create buzz......

Xerogas | 9 novembre 2019

Why bring one all the way to NYC? Road trip from CA to prove out multiple real-world conditions, driving speed vs kwH usage, range, comfort, etc.!

jordanrichard | 9 novembre 2019

I was actually discussing this with a fellow club member and she brought up the idea that perhaps they were testing FSD in a busy city environment.

andy.connor.e | 11 novembre 2019

Stop it or im going to start spamming my code as well

SamO | 11 novembre 2019

That’ll learn him.

teslu3 | 11 novembre 2019

Since we are Tesla owners, use our own code. For me: pickup if offroad capable, else Y.

rxlawdude | 11 novembre 2019

Y for sure.

hcwhy | 11 novembre 2019

There's a large segment of the population that will only be seen driving a pickup. It's an image thing. How they'll react to a Tesla pickup will be interesting to watch.

jimglas | 11 novembre 2019

I doubt any coalroller is going to look at a tesla
They get delight out of "owning the libs" by polluting

stars2man | 11 novembre 2019

yes an electric pickup would be ideal, where I can plug in and charge me tools, including an electric bike & Kayak that can lock into the back of the truck and still drive around without losing or taking apart either!!!

Fast easy work tools and play toys to move and groove with all electric!
Thanks!

SilverTrifecta | 11 novembre 2019

I went from a "coal roller" to a model 3, cant wait for the pickup and hoping to be able to afford it... also, definitely dont fit into that political group mentioned above.

jimglas | 12 novembre 2019

@Silver: had you modified your diesel to increase the amount of fuel entering the engine in order to emit large amounts of black or grey sooty exhaust fumes into the air?
If not, you were just a truck driver, not a coal roller.

gparrot | 12 novembre 2019

I was on my way to buy a RAM when I thought I’d give the 3 a look-see. If the Cybertruck had been available last summer, neither of the two mentioned earlier would have been anything but an afterthought.

exPGAhacker | 19 novembre 2019

Pickup

Yodrak. | 19 novembre 2019

Ridiculous comparison. Two significantly different vehicles serving significantly different needs.

BadgerErickson | 26 novembre 2019

CybrTrk. I WAS shopping for a used Tundra in the $30-35K range. Pfffft, frick that all to Texas.

bgbythsea | 27 novembre 2019

Have pre-orders on both. I’ll probably go with the Y, but the Cybertruck would cost less and do more, So I dunno.

Bond 007 | 27 novembre 2019

My only question is, will the Cybertruck cargo area be water proof in the even of a rainstorm. I would hate to have my luggage there in the "trunk, only to find soaking wet suitcases when I arrive at my vacation resort. I have ordered a Cybertruck, but this is giving me pause and am thinking about Model Y too. Does anyone have an information?
BTW is the wait time on Y expected to be longer than Model 3 (assuming after deliveries begin)? How many reservation holders are there for Model Y?

SamO | 28 novembre 2019

I'm not likely to replace either 3 with a Y. And the CYBERTRCK is making my brain boil it is so bad-ass.

I want to go off-grid with a tiny house so bad i can taste it.

#DriveFree

Pages