Forums

Happy wife+ CyberDad= Pure Awesomeness!

Happy wife+ CyberDad= Pure Awesomeness!

Woohoo we are Officially Tesla owners!
Wifey loves it, I love it, kids love it too. Man, stereo is off the hook as well as other bells and whistles. BEST car ever purchased, and we had quite a few cars over the years.
Happy Wife:
https://imgur.com/a/Liog2qh
https://imgur.com/a/ruNXhx2
CyberDad:
https://imgur.com/a/Aa66fr8

vmulla | 10 novembre 2019

Congrats :)

Glad that the issues you reported are behind you.

jallred | 10 novembre 2019

Congrats! and Enjoy!
in early 2019 they came with USB cables. No idea if they still do.

Pg3ibew | 10 novembre 2019

Congrats. You will need your own phone charging cables.
Post some pics of the car.

WhiteWi | 10 novembre 2019

No cables in our.
@vmulla they adjusted rear door, touch up paint chip and scratch ended up to be just dirt mark )) It looks prefect and super sexy. Wife said she even likes regular wheel caps bc it looks different.

I personally like that I can spy on her via Tesla app ))) hahah

Didn't have time to take more pics, got dark pretty quick. Tomorrow will post more pics. White on white is pure sex )

Magic 8 Ball | 10 novembre 2019

Congrats, I like the aero covers also but you should know if you leave them on a while they rub on the wheels and do permanent damage to the paint.

Pg3ibew | 10 novembre 2019

We have the White on White as well!!! AWESOME!!!

vmulla | 10 novembre 2019

WhiteWi | November 10, 2019
I personally like that I can spy on her via Tesla app ))) hahah
----

Just remember that it goes both ways ;)

By the way car is on V9 firmware

I am just kidding, we have no secrets from each other. Happily married for 16 years.

Bighorn | 10 novembre 2019

You can turn off remote access.
Congrats! You’ll never covet Hyundai again.

raqball | 10 novembre 2019

Congrats on the ride.. Mine is white too!

https://i.postimg.cc/FKVjMW2F/g-I5-Vq-lk-S-K7-1g-Ar-KGZTA.jpg

ReD eXiLe ms us | 10 novembre 2019

Congratulations!

However...? I remain SO very happy to NOT have a Wife. H-A-P-P-I! Happy!

"A man's got to know his limitations." -- Clint Eastwood as Inspector Harry Callihan, 'Magnum Force' (1973)

walnotr | 10 novembre 2019

Shortly after we got our car my wife and three of her friends took off on a girls day out. It was my first opportunity to use the location feature and when I opened the app all the car doors were open. Soon, each one closed and the car started moving. It was totally unexpected but fun to see.

walnotr | 10 novembre 2019

And congrats on your wife’s car. You will be fighting over it before you know it!

You won’t be able to wipe that silly grin off your face! Welcome to the fun car club.

M3phan | 10 novembre 2019

I believe it was the late advice columnist Ann Landers who said:
“Marriage is like flies on a screen door. Those on the outside want in, and those on the inside want out.”
Hahaha. Good line.
That said, Happily married 30 yrs myself.

SamO | 10 novembre 2019

Great news. Welcome to the club.

jebinc | 10 novembre 2019

Congrats WhiteWi. Why are you on the forum and not in your 3?! The entertainment and humor here can’t be that good, can it? ;-)

Will take it for a spin tommorow once kids are out to school )))

cyberrider77 | 10 novembre 2019

Congratulations our friend bought a M3 in August. 2 rides and we bought one in September...best car ever, I love it!

WhiteWi | 11 novembre 2019

More pics as promised :)
https://imgur.com/a/Liog2qh

jebinc | 11 novembre 2019

-@WhiteWi

Nice pics! Love the right truck sticker; very fitting for this forum! ;-)

andy.connor.e | 11 novembre 2019

Thats one happy wife! (life)

WhiteWi | 12 novembre 2019

Tested out 3rd party Xbox one joystick and it worked just fine. By the way I can't stop looking at the car in garage it so beautiful )))
https://imgur.com/a/bRWoION

Shesmyne2 | 12 novembre 2019

Welcome to the family!

Enjoy the ride.

Still Grinning ;-)

spuzzz123 | 13 novembre 2019

@whitewi if your cellphones support wireless charging, suggest you get wireless charging pad instead of the little charging cables. The cables were a pain in the arse. I bought the taptes version. I’m sure others are fine too.

WhiteWi | 13 novembre 2019

@spuzzz123
We don't use wireless charging. But thanks for the recommendation

By the way matte screen protector from https://www.abstractocean.com/9H-Model3/
Is super easy to install and looks great plus reduces glare and fingerprints.

jallred | 13 novembre 2019

When I need to charge my phone I use a cord plugged in behind the center console. It’s normally for those in the rear seats but its long enough to reach any seat. Works better for me then that front console thing.

Yeah, I have prrerry good battery on my phone and wife too plus she charges at work. No need for charging in the car unless it's a road trip and then it's my SUV )

billtphotoman | 13 novembre 2019

Congratulations and I am happy the car meets the WAF (Wife Approval Factor). My wife likes my model 3 but made me swear on a stack of bibles not to win a Darwin award by abusing Autopilot.

But major advantage of Tesla is long range and SC network that makes it very tempting to try long trips. I'm just not sure if 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids) will have comfortable space for it. But we will see ;)

Pretty*

AZjohn | 13 novembre 2019

Thanks for sharing all your excitement @WhiteWi. I hope my wife is as happy whenever our order is delivered.
PS: I'm sure I will sneak into garage to look at our M3's also :)

gballant4570 | 13 novembre 2019

A question for the forum: How long before we read on here that WhiteWi is considering getting another Tesla? And perhaps wonders if he should wait for the Model Y?

Personally, I am waiting for the Tesla pickup - but my wife has pretty much stopped driving, so no time pressure from that direction......

jebinc | 13 novembre 2019

^^^

-@gballant4570

Give it a few weeks....

jimglas | 13 novembre 2019

@WhiteWI: "No need for charging in the car unless it's a road trip and then it's my SUV"
Why, the tesla is much cheaper for road trips and more fun.

Hahaha I already told my wife if Tesla pick up will have 500 miles range I am getting it ))) hahah

WhiteWi | 16 novembre 2019

So Far Tesla exceeded all our expectations. Just amazing car, so nice to have EV and don't worry about range. No complains about wiper control from wife, she had questions about blind assist which I explained and show her how it works and now she is good. She was afraid with one pedal driving for whole one time driving and no loves it. All and all is great experience.

Now*

In*

Sorry, still sleepy ))

vmulla | 16 novembre 2019

WhiteWi | November 13, 2019
Hahaha I already told my wife if Tesla pick up will have 500 miles range I am getting it ))) hahah
———
Over time you'll realize that even 250 miles of range is comfortable, I see a Tesla pickup in your future.

If topic, I don't think the reveal is a pickup truck in the regular sense.

vmulla | 16 novembre 2019

Off topic*

gballant4570 | 16 novembre 2019

vmulla, the possible range of the pickup is something I am wondering about. If the EPA range is 300 miles, what is the range while towing a boat trailer? What if the towing range is half the EPA range? I could see that as a possibility, and that is not likely to be revealed in a few days.....

WhiteWi, my response to vmulla above does not at all debate his initial point - for any road trip 250 miles of range is quite sufficient, but I am also with you - the larger the range number the better I like it. However, with EV's (at least today) range is money. How far do you want to go? But in any case, I see another Tesla in my future, and yours as well.

hokiegir1 | 16 novembre 2019

But if towing range is half rated, then 500 miles rated would be needed to get the 250 towing range. ;) If we get the pickup (a possibility, but a few years down the road), it would specifically be to tow a 30 foot boat....not exactly the most aerodynamic of driving conditions. To head from Atlanta to somewhere coastal would need that whole 250 towing range, given highway speeds and supercharger distances.

Good point @hokiegir1

hokiegir1, you are understanding my point......my own Tesla pickup purchase does appear in my financial plan until 2023, but I am getting very tired of my ICE pickup already. I will have an electric boat that is currently being built by next spring, and that will only accelerate that tiring process - so I will feel growing pressure in my head to adjust that plan after seeing the upcoming reveal.

Waiting until 2023 would perhaps allow a little time for battery tech improvements, etc.... but will I be able to withstand the internal pressure that long? Time will tell....

It would almost be terrible to pull your electric boat down the road with an ICE pickup.....

Pages