Forums

I LOVE THE CyberTruck

I LOVE THE CyberTruck

Elon said what he planned and delivered it. Orders in I wish I could get it faster.

SamO | 22 novembre 2019

Maybe there will be 1M reservations and Tesla will accelerate the CYBRTRK production line.

nipper2 | 22 novembre 2019

I hope so Everyone needs to look at the trucks Spec's.

egonzo21 | 22 novembre 2019

Finally an appropriate titled thread for the Cybertruck :)

There is no truck now or planed that can compare to the CyberTruck. I just love everything about

MySin_AZ | 22 novembre 2019

Same! And what I find funny is that some folks were shocked how "different" it is....pay attention people, Elon said exactly that it would be...and I think it brilliant that it will not be painted...no paint shop time, no scratching or complaints about a bad paint job...of course, I do wonder how complex body repairs would be...

The only critique...wish it were about a foot shorter...garage fit will be very tight...if delivery is late 2021, then only about 730 days and counting...

Mike83 | 22 novembre 2019

The Cybertruck has all the features many of us requested and some added ones like bulletproof. Adjustable heights and huge clearance or low if needed. So many features and a excellent price.
I would buy it today but will have to wait as we did for our M3. Man, that was worth the wait.
PS I would be classified as a boomer but the label is really a marketing gimmick IMO.
I just saw the Movie Blade Runner. Wonder if they will have a submarine version. I kid you.
;-) Big Grin.

Mike83 | 22 novembre 2019

Yes. I forgot to add I want the Solar self charging panels for camping in no man's land.

thirdkong | 22 novembre 2019

No worries about Tesla haters damaging the car, no door dings, runaway shopping carts, swirl marks, ppf, and washing is optional. My only issue would be that people would stare.

PrescottRichard | 22 novembre 2019

I had an idea that would add a lot of expense to a trailer but- how about a battery sled in a trailer that can add to the total overall power available when towing? I know - more expense, but maybe useful to some who need to max out range?

The most important thing will be how it performs and stands up to being used as a ‘truck’ so that’s something we can’t know until they are out there rolling around.

TAC | 22 novembre 2019

its astonishing! dont change a thing about it.

Cybertruckee | 22 novembre 2019

I want some redesign making the hood looking like the 'ol military humvee or the tactical or African-safari Land Rover Defender.

A roadster roof and falcon wing door please. Plus option to put a 50 cal machine gun to scare the haters.

Otherwise, all is good.

@TAC I agree

Maxxer | 22 novembre 2019

Controversial
Polarizing

MTF16 | 22 novembre 2019

I was speechless watching the live event. But after a while, I thought the look was pretty cool. I saw some close up shots about the surface, they look like MacBook, pretty quality looking. I probably will not buy a truck of any sort but definitely want to drive it around.

MTF16 | 22 novembre 2019

I was speechless watching the live event. But after a while, I thought the look was pretty cool. I saw some close up shots about the surface, they look like MacBook, pretty quality looking. I probably will not buy a truck of any sort but definitely want to drive it around.

carlk | 22 novembre 2019

Here is a good article on this. Give it a little time for people to get use to it will be a hot selling vehicle. I remember in the X revealing most people thought the new face is ugly. Few months later when it was put on the S those few who did not catch it were really pissed. That's how good we are in judging the "look".

https://www.inverse.com/article/61153-elon-musk-is-bad-but-the-cybertruc...

n0rkypoo | 22 novembre 2019

It's aesthetics are only appealing to the 8 year old in me playing racing games on computer back in 1990.

Still, it seems to deliver exactly what people need in a truck, what many need in a truck. I need an EV with external storage for hauling dirty camping equipment, dirty mountain bikes, and sweaty/smelly volleyball gear for my daughter and her teammates when we carpool for out of state tournaments. Just light truck stuff for crap I don't want inside my cabin or even the trunk/cargo area.

I do wonder what the inspiration behind the design was. Perhaps it was mentioned elsewhere or maybe even during the reveal and I missed it, but is this design to maximize structural integrity due to its exoskeleton design, is it to maximize efficiency like a steal bomber, is it both, is it neither and they just have a bunch of 80s gamer kids wanting to re-visit their past?

n0rkypoo | 22 novembre 2019

My very first word ever posted in these forums and I used to wrong its. What a bar I've set for myself!

egonzo21 | 22 novembre 2019

+1 @carlk

rocksulemanz | 22 novembre 2019

I love this new tesla https://legendkings.com

hcwhy | 22 novembre 2019

Like the looks of the truck or not, it's cemented Tesla's name as THE coolest car company on the planet. I'm hopeful there will be an option for an open bed without the side panels...it would work much better for a work truck, and wouldn't be that difficult to make.

Tesla-David | 22 novembre 2019

I am not in the market for a Truck, but love what Tesla/EM did with their Cyber Truck design, and think it will be highly successful. The specs and costs are unbelievable and will certify its success!

hcwhy | 22 novembre 2019

PS. Actually, after thinking about it for a minute or two, the engineering might be tricky because of the structure of the skin of the vehicle. And, speaking of engineering, I'm curious how Tesla is going to make crumple zones with such a strong skin....I know they will....but I wonder how.

While we’re asking questions- anyone see if it has a Frunk? I don’t think it does, looks like no seams up front. Maybe a drawer under the headlights but there’s a bumper there so I dunno.

SamO | 22 novembre 2019

Huge frunk

fastacuda | 22 novembre 2019

Deposit down. Feel like I did when I was a kid waiting for Christmas. Thank you Elon for delivering on the hype yet again... well, there were those windows... tell your engineer he can skip arm day for a while ;)

mikeng6274 | 22 novembre 2019

I first didn't think it looks good but later after thinking it is absolutely outstanding look/design.
For some reason I could not order the truck last night until this morning on 22nd around 8am. I already own Tesla 3 for safety reason and enjoy driving it. I really don't need another vehicle but I like Tesla vehicle with outstanding features/technology. I ordered this cybertruck for as collection and fun owning it.

mikeng6274 | 22 novembre 2019

I first didn't think it looks good but later after thinking it is absolutely outstanding look/design.
For some reason I could not order the truck last night until this morning on 22nd around 8am. I already own Tesla 3 for safety reason and enjoy driving it. I really don't need another vehicle but I like Tesla vehicle with outstanding features/technology. I ordered this cybertruck for as collection and fun owning it.

exevbuilder | 22 novembre 2019

All the nay-sayers can eat there words. The fact is, this truck is disruptive to the norm. It laughs in the face of the establishment. We no longer have to bow to the constraints of design. Even though it takes a page from the Delorean book, it is very viable. It could be FROM the future. IMHO

Madatgascar | 22 novembre 2019

I want to love it. I love the originality. It is growing on me, and I think I could get to like the overall shape. Definitely room for improvement.

T34Bravo | 22 novembre 2019

I'm sure it will evolve a bit before production to add mirrors, cameras, etc, but I hope it doesn't change much. I think it's amazing.

SamO- someone posted a pic of the reveal and behind Elon are 3 pics, one is the Frunk and another is what appears a triangular lid on a side storage area in front of the cabin. Nice, still would like to see that up close :)

RedVixen | 22 novembre 2019

Credit card shows Tesla charge pending. I ordered the trio Tori about 14hrs ago but can’t find any confirmation. Should it show up on my accoUnt page?

RedVixen | 22 novembre 2019

Tri motor

ratliffcc | 23 novembre 2019

Is there a way to find out what fulfillment sequence order number you're in once you've put in the reservation?

hcwhy | 23 novembre 2019

My order appears on my "Tesla account" page.

Ross1 | 23 novembre 2019

It seems to be normal: that it only takes an hour to grow on you.
My suggestion: Buy the TSLA stock while it is down. The general concensus is : thiis truck is right.

Point 2: I reckon that by sticking cardboard, plywood and duct tape over our 2003 Fluid suspension C5 Citroen that my wife pranged yesterday, we could have a CYBRTRK!
Point? First principles. Keep It Simple Stoopid KISS, and Who needs Paint? And publicity for TSLA

I reckon we could have a class of billycarts called Cybertruck. You know, soap box derby things.

sbeggs | 23 novembre 2019

@Ross1,
Haha!
We loved driving the C5 Citroen in Bordeaux in 2011. Seemed like it mimicked regenerative braking downhill, somehow...?

spuzzz123 | 23 novembre 2019

SamO you said it has a large frunk ... I can’t find any images, do you have a link?

SamO | 23 novembre 2019
hpa.prioritymail | 23 novembre 2019

When i first saw this truck I thought it was the most ridiculous looking truck I'd ever seen. So I ordered one!

rocksulemanz | 23 novembre 2019

I'm just can wait till the Tesla readstar is out is just Audi e-tron GT
https://legendkings.com/audi-e-tron-gt

nwfan | 23 novembre 2019

@nipper2, couldn’t agree anymore. My CT AWD is in. Want it now. It’s going to be hot. Thanks Tesla for design, build and paying for it (Tesla stock).

nipper2 | 23 novembre 2019

@RedVixen mine shows up on my Tesla page

@RedVixen mine shows up on my Tesla page

Bond 007 | 23 novembre 2019

The originality of the design and it’s brilliance is growing on me. Therefore having never owned a Tesla / electric vehicle or even a pick up truck ever in my life, I might just order this. :D.

KWTESLA | 23 novembre 2019

Cybertruck seems like a bunch of great ideas ....SS is one of the best . No stamping or bending it can be Welded by the robots ... no paint to worry about if it gets a bit scratched just have it buffed out to the shine or finish you want. To be a real truck it should have optional lumber and pipe rack that drops into the bed .

ratliffcc | 23 novembre 2019

I've got an order number, but it doesn't give me a clue how many are in queue before me until my order for the CT would come up....any clues?

TeslaTap.com | 23 novembre 2019

Starting with the Model 3, the reservation numbers are semi-random and do not tell you where you are relative to others. It may not matter either, as Tesla tends to roll out deliveries by regions, starting with the west coast. Orders may also depend on which variant and features are ordered. We should know more closer to the start of shipments.

over 146,000 reserved and counting

Pages