On 12/4/19 the replacement of the 12v battery cleared up all problems I reported since May 2019 but were never resolved.
1. The key is now being detected in the car. The technician in May said my Tile tracker device was the root cause even though I suggested a 12 volt battery problem. He confirmed that the battery in my vehicle was an older design known to be problematic but he could not replace it under warranty until the message appeared. I removed the Tile tracker but problems still recurred.
2. The charge port is now working — door opens automatically and the wand can be removed with a single press of the button. One technician claimed it was because I needed to hold down the button on the wand. Another told me to just press the door or use the app to open the door.
On 1/8/18, the battery was replaced and I sent an email to Tesla reporting that several problems were fixed:
Tesla Service ,
I had my 12v battery replaced one day after the first warning message appeared. Replacement resolved three issues that I’ve been working around for a very long time lessening my enjoyment of my vehicle:
1. The button on my High Power Wall Charger nozzle would not open the charging port. I had to press the left side of the port to get it open.
2. My car wouldn’t recognize key fobs until I took them out and either put it in the cup holder or press buttons on the fob a few times. This made managing the doors, frunk, and trunk difficult to manage. I used to be able to leave my fob in a pocket or in my purse and it would be recognized. I told the service center that I suspected the fob issue was related to the 12V. After the battery was replaced, they noticed that the fob problem (which they also observed) was gone.
3. My phone's Bluetooth connection is finally working consistently in my garage. My garage was the only place it would have a problem. I complained to Tesla months ago but they had no resolution. I tried many things — toggling WiFi, adding a repeater — to no avail. I needed to exit my garage before using my phone. Now I can finish phone calls and listen to tunes on my phone when I arrive home in my car.
If a customer complains about issues and you are unable to resolve them, just replace the 12 volt battery.